Bucs Release Leonard Fournette

ColoradoBills

RB is a position where you gotta know if a guy is still hungry to take the pounding.  Huge question mark there with Fournette.  If we could get Playoff Lenny or the Damien Harris from 2021, that’s the type of back we need.  Probably better to draft one in the 5th or 6th round who’s big and hungry.  

• Like (+1) 1

with the quality of backs weve seen sign for $3m we can do better, or he can lower his ask

absolutely insane how much backs value has deteriorated. Beanie Babies hold their value better. 

SERIOUS QUESTION - wtf happened to backs that their careers are basically toast by 26-27???? Look at the backs of 90s- early 2000s.  They were getting infinite more carries, everyone was THE workhorse, and they plaid till 30+ at high levels.  Why is this happening?  Anyone have some theories they like?

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

with the quality of backs weve seen sign for $3m we can do better, or he can lower his ask

absolutely insane how much backs value has deteriorated. Beanie Babies hold their value better. 

SERIOUS QUESTION - wtf happened to backs that their careers are basically toast by 26-27???? Look at the backs of 90s- early 2000s.  They were getting infinite more carries, everyone was THE workhorse, and they plaid till 30+ at high levels.  Why is this happening?  Anyone have some theories they like?

Only thing that I can think of is that the defenders have gotten faster and stronger.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Only thing that I can think of is that the defenders have gotten faster and stronger.

I thought that too, but why in the heck are WRs fine. were not talking an isolated incident either, how many starting receivers are outta the league by 27 by comparison? None lol  id be curious to see a study of 40 times across a career for receivers and backs. i get theyre diff positions, but that different? weird

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If that is what the team wants, you can get a short yardage guy who can plow through for 1 yard in the 7th round of the draft.

Thoughts on Mohamed Ibrahim? I like a 6-7th on him for that very role.

Check him out if you haven't.

I'm not married or hot blooded to getting Fournette. Just wanted to point out the 'pro' argument for him.

• Like (+1) 1

I still think this would be more fun to watch with him in a Bills uni. There's something about the #29 that makes Henry want to shove people. :lol:

tennessee-titans-derrick-henry.gif

How would you like to get stiff-armed and then used as a blocker by the opposing team's RB? 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

FWIW, Spotrac has his market value at $2.3M.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/leonard-fournette-21745/market-value/

• Thank you (+1) 1

Big reason to want Fournette instead of Singletary and the other FA's:

He doesn't count against the comp formula. We need to lose more players than we gain and players CUT don't count. Singletary was not cut. Fournette was.

So, would you rather have Fournette and a 3rd round pick or Singletary?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have never understood the infatuation with this guy. He basically bulls forward for 3 yards. 

My infatuation with him is he ran all over us. If we get him on the cheap, and he is not a feature back, I think I like it. He won’t be the best fit for every game plan. But we can abuse soft D’s with him and use him to soften up the tougher defenses. That said I don’t follow him or anything, I just remember hating to play against him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Big reason to want Fournette instead of Singletary and the other FA's:

He doesn't count against the comp formula. We need to lose more players than we gain and players CUT don't count. Singletary was not cut. Fournette was.

So, would you rather have Fournette and a 3rd round pick or Singletary?

They are -1 with free agents already acquiring 3 and losing 2…

They need to lose 2 more to get a comp pick… that’s assuming they don’t sign anyone else which I ‘m still expecting another one more signing at least ..

Weren’t the Bills interested in signing him the last time he was a FA? He was effective at times last year in a horrendous situation. He’s the embodiment of a bigger bodied RB who can be trusted on 3rd down and in pass pro plus he’s cheap.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.