Bucs Release Leonard Fournette

ColoradoBills

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

One bigger body back was said about himself:

"If you need 1 yard, I will get you 3.  If you need 5 yards, he will get you 3."

That's Fournette to me now.

Leroy Hoard: "Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards".

I had the same quote in mind. And I'm okay with that in this case. We had too many third-and-short situations where we couldn't - or chose not to - run the ball for a first. Fournette is an experienced power back, and that's what we need. He's also decent in pass protection and he can catch, adding another dimension to our offense.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Leroy Hoard: "Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards".

I had the same quote in mind. And I'm okay with that in this case. We had too many third-and-short situations where we couldn't - or chose not to - run the ball for a first. Fournette is an experienced power back, and that's what we need. He's also decent in pass protection and he can catch, adding another dimension to our offense.

I love this quote.  I remember Hoard scoring a huge TD on 4th and 1 to help Michigan beat USC in the Rose Bowl back in the late 80's/early 90s's.  He had decent wheels for a guy his size.  My memory triggered a Google search and I found this article that backs up my memory:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-01-03-sp-163-story.html

Unfortunately, Hoard is no longer available.  I could live with Fournette on a 1-year deal, but wouldn't lose sleep if they passed on him for a younger, cheaper alternative.

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The  guys name is on this board every year, I feel like I know him :huh:

He helped the Bills beat the Jags by getting ejected from a game in which he was dominating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i think he makes sense. doesnt have the best hands out of the back field, but hes a tougher runner than motor. not sure how he is on pass blocking

Ended up showing decent hands with Brady as QB.

Tampa was one of 2 teams with 2 RBs having more than 50 targets last year (Cincy and TB), and Fournette produced more than one thinks.

Career 80%+ catch rate. 2200+ yards receiving over 6 seasons.

@350 yards per season receiving for a guy considered a battering ram.

I don't put him 'in space' or downfield and expect a catch, but Cook and Hines is here for that anyway.

Vet minimum for players with 3-6 years is about $1.08m

Would offer 2 years $3m

Vet minimum for 2 seasons +@$500k a season in signing bonuses and escalators.

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have never understood the infatuation with this guy. He basically bulls forward for 3 yards. 

3rd and 1 from your own 40, or 4th and goal from the 1.

Do you want your QB taking that hit, or a battering ram?

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.