Anyone up for adding an edge rusher before the draft?

78thealltimegreat

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

With Von likely do back around late September that leaves an edge spot open on the roster anyone open to a stop gap like Clowney, Clark, or Ngakoue? 

Took some nerve to start this thread with this crowd, I'll give you that.

2024 DL under contract.

Von Miller

Greg Rousseau

Carlos Basham

Kingsley Jonathan

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It's just hard to believe we are even having this conversation with all the draft capital and FA money invested on the Dline

I agree, but If the invest fails you can’t just keep beating your head against the wall, you have to reinvest and try something else. Those failed draft picks are a sunk cost. It sucks, but its a crapshoot. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

2024 DL under contract.

Von Miller

Greg Rousseau

Carlos Basham

Kingsley Jonathan

Total 100% sneaky need. They ain’t drafting a guard in the first round I can tell you that. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

With Von likely do back around late September that leaves an edge spot open on the roster anyone open to a stop gap like Clowney, Clark, or Ngakoue? 

Late  September?  More like late November/December.  Trey White had tough time after a year of rehab and seamed to have lost a step at age 26 last season, Von Miller is 33 years old and most likely will need additional rehab time.  We will need help between September of next season through December,  hope our D-line can step up if nothing happens.  

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well, Miller is claiming he'll be back for the season, We'll See.

IMO, the signing we may need is a 3TDT.  The only one on the roster is Ed Oliver. If we get someone who can play both outside and in, that'd be good.

If we're getting more pressure up the middle, it will give more chances to the DE we already have invested multiple #1 and #2 draft picks on.

43 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It's just hard to believe we are even having this conversation with all the draft capital and FA money invested on the Dline

I know, I know. 

It comes from McDermott's rather fierce insistence in a rotation on DL. 

If the coaches take the view that the team must have 8 quality DLmen, it has the impact of requiring massive resources on DL in terms of draft picks and FA investment.  It means we need to have 8 guys who are starting quality instead of 4 guys who are Beasts.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree, but If the invest fails you can’t just keep beating your head against the wall, you have to reinvest and try something else. Those failed draft picks are a sunk cost. It sucks, but its a crapshoot. 

Total 100% sneaky need. They ain’t drafting a guard in the first round I can tell you that. 

Just stating a fact.  

TSW's server room would set off the sprinklers.

I know it's inert gas.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Could we draft a TE or a WR, please?  Pretty please with sugar on it?

5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Was gonna get a veggie pizza, you know, because it’s lent and all.

It's St Paddy's day.  Go for the Corned Beef and Cabbage.  It's OK for Lent if you sprinkle it with Holy Water and chant "you were born a steer...you were raised a steer...and Now You're A Fish!"

Edited by Beck Water

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Could we draft a TE or a WR, please?  Pretty please with sugar on it?

It's St Paddy's day.  Go for the Corned Beef and Cabbage.  It's OK for Lent if you sprinkle it with Holy Water and chant "you were born a steer...you were raised a steer...and Now You're A Fish!"

If I were a betting man, which I am not, I think its LB, Edge, WR or TE with a small chance a DT. It doesn’t matter where the offensive weapon comes from as long as there is a plan for him to be on the field.  They aren’t going to draft RT in the first round to compete with Spencer Brown. It’s not happening. And they are not drafting a guard. Zero shot. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If I were a betting man, which I am not, I think its LB, Edge, WR or TE with a small chance a DT. It doesn’t matter where the offensive weapon comes from as long as there is a plan for him to be on the field.  They aren’t going to draft RT in the first round to compete with Spencer Brown. It’s not happening. And they are not drafting a guard. Zero shot. 

I'm not sure who you're debating with,  but as far as I know, I haven't lobbied for drafting a G in the 1st.  I would like to see us bring in a RT in FA, not a Big Shot guy but if possible, someone a bit better than Quessenberry who can challenge Brown.

LB or Edge would make me very sad after the high-value picks used on these positions recently.

42 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

2024 DL under contract.

Von Miller

Greg Rousseau

Carlos Basham

Kingsley Jonathan

That Chicago game was like,,,Who the hell was that?

Robert Quinn. 32.  1 sack last year….18.5 the year before.  Put him in rotation. If he’s healthy, maybe you get good sack production

Melvin Ingram. 33. Bills killer. Doubt he’d come here though. The guy has obliterated our Oline with PIT, KC and MIA

Leonard Floyd. 30.  9 or more sacks each of the last 3 seasons. Was very effective playing with Von on LA

Yannick Ngakoue. 27.  19.5 sacks over last 2 seasons. Likely too expensive

Frank Clark. 29.  3rd all time in playoff sacks. Likely out of our price range

It’s discouraging to not notice Epenesa or Basham for the majority of games.

Personally, I’d like to add 2 veteran pass rushers to go along with Von and Greg

Edited by Warriorspikes51

I don't expect or want a big $ solution unless it's an elite talent under age 27. I'm still hoping for a big upgrade on the OL in FA.

Also, Devon Levi signs with the Sabres! Super excited to see him play. I don't know if he'll excel right away, but I think his future is very bright. He's exactly what we need.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.