NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Bengals LT Jonah Williams has requested a trade

NeverOutNick

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He is not a good tackle. He is a guard who thinks he is a LT. If he were willing to move inside I would be all over him. 

He is requesting a trade because he doesn't want to play RT, so I doubt he is willing to move inside. 

he should reconsider. He was trending down at LT and KC just signed a RT to highest salary ever for Olineman. So RT pay is technically higher than LT now.

I know historically LT has pd more but KC could start trend now equalizing the pay. Maybe.

Edited by cba fan

30 minutes ago, cba fan said:

he should reconsider. He was trending down at LT and KC just signed a RT to highest salary ever for Olineman. So RT pay is technically higher than LT now.

I know historically LT has pd more but KC could start trend now equalizing the pay. Maybe.

I totally agree. It's not like guards don't make anything as well. I think it's a pride thing. IMO, with his skill set and intelligence he could be one of the best centers in the league. Kelce makes 14 million a year. He will never be a 23 million-a-year left tackle. 

If he stays at LT he will be a depth guy like James Hurst making 5-6 million, or out of the league. 

Average at best, but he'd be the best G on our roster and better than Spencer Brown by a pretty fair margin. If Brown finally lives up to his athletic abilities, he'd be a monster and I'd put Williams at G. He's a better pass protector than run blocker, but not by much. He could play on either side. Unfortunately, it sounds like he only wants to play LT and Dawkins is clearly better than him. He's not in a good position to be making demands as he could be fairly easily replaced.

Edited by GreggTX

6 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Yes please!

Hes had a couple injuries but when healthy he’s a really good tackle and a guy I really wanted coming out of the draft. Would love to trade a 3rd for him but I’m sure it’ll cost more 

I would trade for him to play Right Tackle. But he wants out of Cincy cos they want him to play RT. He can't play LT in the NFL that is established.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

On 3/17/2023 at 11:08 AM, gonzo1105 said:

He's a RT or Guard masquerading around as a Left Tackle. 

Actually he is far more suited to play LT because of his agility. RTs are generally the big bruiser types. 

Jonah will never resemble Orlando Pace or other monster LTs but he is a good player and as I said, agile. I do agree however that he would be a fine LG. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Actually he is far more suited to play LT because of his agility. RTs are generally the big bruiser types. 

Jonah will never resemble Orlando Pace or other monster LTs but he is a good player and as I said, agile. I do agree however that he would be a fine LG. 

The problem is he’s not agile. He’s a stiff no knee bend kind of tackle with slow feet 

• Disagree 1

His scouting report comes out as the standard white guy scouting report. Well what he might lack in physical traits he makes up for with his high football IQ, coming from a winning pedigree, and his hand placement and agility.  His scouting reports say he’s agile. The eye test and his RAS score say differently. 

He’s a RT or a Guard. RTs of today don’t have to be mean mauler types with heavy hands. That thinking is from 20-30 years ago. That’s like telling me the best DE is still the RDE. Eye roll worthy 

20 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe a team with a left handed QB will trade for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.