Options left at free agency -

GoBills!

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2023-bobby-wagner-adam-thielen-headline-top-remaining-players-available-at-each-position/

I'd love to see Bobby Wagner and Isaac Seumalo signed and a trade for Jeudy.  Honestly, if we did that, I could give a crap about who they take in the draft.  I think all of them are signable with a little magic.  Wagner would let us take a chance on a later round MLB, Jeudy would put an end to the need at WR, and Seumalo can play both guards and Center.  

If we pulled that off, we could honestly go after that RB in the first round and I wouldn't even blink.  This offense would be absolutely terrifying.  Our defense wouldn't skip a beat, and setup nice for the future.  Draft a Safety to prepare for the departure of Hyde/Poyer maybe.

Next season, then we can figure out the Ed Oliver and MLB future plans.  

If it sounds too good to be true.....

36 minutes ago, Virgil said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2023-bobby-wagner-adam-thielen-headline-top-remaining-players-available-at-each-position/

I'd love to see Bobby Wagner and Isaac Seumalo signed and a trade for Jeudy.  Honestly, if we did that, I could give a crap about who they take in the draft.  I think all of them are signable with a little magic.  Wagner would let us take a chance on a later round MLB, Jeudy would put an end to the need at WR, and Seumalo can play both guards and Center.  

If we pulled that off, we could honestly go after that RB in the first round and I wouldn't even blink.  This offense would be absolutely terrifying.  Our defense wouldn't skip a beat, and setup nice for the future.  Draft a Safety to prepare for the departure of Hyde/Poyer maybe.

Yes, that sounds terrific. I floated a similar idea minus Wagner yesterday. @NewEra legitimately pointed out that Seumalo is probably taking the Falcons' contract with Chris Lindstrom as a marker for the kind of contract he is looking for. Anything remotely close to that is prohibitive for the Bills. I'd still take Wagner and Jeudy.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you really need to be told a free agency is not over yet?

It’s pretty obvious that the GM is waiting for prices on players to go down

We have money now a little bit of money, but we still have money

Let’s hope we don’t get left with the players that won’t make a difference. I think Beane has gotten us to the point of being nationally relevant, secured the new stadium and the pressure to make bold moves is off. Rather than make a splashy,cap heavy move he’s content to wait  for a deal to fall in his lap. I’m not optimistic about this approach.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Let’s hope we don’t get left with the players that won’t make a difference. I think Beane has gotten us to the point of being nationally relevant, secured the new stadium and the pressure to make bold moves is off. Rather than make a splashy,cap heavy move he’s content to wait  for a deal to fall in his lap. I’m not optimistic about this approach.

There still looks to be a couple of veteran wide receivers they could help us. Adam Thielen comes to mind wants to play on a contender. Let’s pair Thielen and digs up again.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There still looks to be a couple of veteran wide receivers they could help us. Adam Thielen comes to mind wants to play on a contender. Let’s pair Thielen and digs up again.

Sounds good, he’s got something left in the tank. How about Bush or Wagner to ease the concerns about the loss of Edmunds?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I'm more on the Jeudy trade than I was in the past. Would much rather have Jeudy than Hopkins or OBJ.

Nothing more than #27, and would offer less. WR at #27 won't be better.

Hoping Beane trades back at the moment.

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's not true. He had a partial tear repair, not a full AC reconstruction. He might not be ready for the start of the season, but Beane himself has said he expects to have him most of the year.

We will see. People wanted to argue with me about Tre last year too.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Sounds good to me, and I agree, but alas our next signing will probably be Taiwan Jones

Isaiah Wynn and the other, better Conner McGovern are both still available and would be upgrades, if just average. But that's all it takes to be an upgrade on our OL. Just be average. I don't see any other OL left in FA that I'd want to take up a roster spot or cap space. Unfortunately, we're stuck with the lesser McGovern for a while unless we were smart enough to give an easy out before his contract runs out. He's totally incompetent as a run blocker.

43 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Isaiah Wynn and the other, better Conner McGovern are both still available and would be upgrades, if just average. But that's all it takes to be an upgrade on our OL. Just be average. I don't see any other OL left in FA that I'd want to take up a roster spot or cap space. Unfortunately, we're stuck with the lesser McGovern for a while unless we were smart enough to give an easy out before his contract runs out. He's totally incompetent as a run blocker.

I’m curious what your evaluation is that as to why you think we got the lesser McGovern?

On 3/17/2023 at 11:49 AM, finn said:

What about Leonard Fournette, provided he's in shape? 28 years old, fast, elite runner and receiver in his prime. He's already earning $2m guaranteed, so maybe he'd sign for $3m, given his age. Big guy. 

RBs in their prime don't average 3.5 YPC.   Singletary averaged 4.6 YPC and out rushed Fournette by 150 yards despite having 177 carries versus 189 for Fournette.  And Singletary had 5 Rushing TDs vs 3 for Fournette.  Total TDs for both were equal at 6.  Singletary had a higher percentage of runs for a 1st down too.

Fournette had more receiving yards but also had twice as many receptions than Singletary.   It would appear the Bucs used short passing game as extension of their woeful running game. 

With all that said Singletary still averaged 5.1 yards per touch vs 4.5 for Fournette.   My guess is OBD would bring Motor back before signing Fournette.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

• 1 month later...

Poona Ford signs!

Dalton Risner is still out there... that would make our O line depth and starting best we can be at this point. 

Also Leonard Floyd still not signed somehow. But don't know how we can pay him. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, GoBills! said:

Poona Ford signs!

Dalton Risner is still out there... that would make our O line depth and starting best we can be at this point. 

Also Leonard Floyd still not signed somehow. But don't know how we can pay him. 

I think we’re probably done at guard

Let’s get some pass, rush, help

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.