Options left at free agency -

GoBills!

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

DE Robert Quinn could be a sneaky good addition.

32,  only had 1 sack last year....but 18.5 the year before.   Playing opposite Von in a rotation maybe we could get 8-12 sacks from him 

Vons not going to be on the field until Thanksgiving at the earliest.

What about Leonard Fournette, provided he's in shape? 28 years old, fast, elite runner and receiver in his prime. He's already earning $2m guaranteed, so maybe he'd sign for $3m, given his age. Big guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

Im not so worried about cap space.....after the McKenzie update, the Bills are smack dab in the middle of the NFL with $10 million cap space counting "all" and $17million for "top 51".

Beane could still sign a couple useful free agents: Bobby Wagner? Dalton Schultze? Zeke? There are several contracts that could possibly be restructured: Dawkins, Knox, White ...

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Is the RT Jerome Elumenore better than Quessenberry or Spencer Brown? 

He's better than both combined. Probably cost 2/10M.  Elumenore's 2022 pff was 75.  Spencer's was 51.  And before everyone freaks out, yes I'm just using pff as a frame of reference,  not some guaranteed accurate model.  

Update....re-signed today with the Raiders.  

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

He's better than both combined. Probably cost 2/10M.  Elumenore's 2022 pff was 75.  Spencer's was 51.  And before everyone freaks out, yes I'm just using pff as a frame of reference,  not some guaranteed accurate model.  

I saw that in PFF's rating. And the name kind of rang a bell. But am not sure if he's as good as that rating. 

Looks to be a Nigerian Londoner, came to the US at 13 and played hs football. 

Has only last season as a starter. Seems interesting, I wonder if the Raiders are trying to bring him back?

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Tranquil

has the tackle from the Raiders been signed yet?

Drue Tranquil signed  with KC i just read :(

9 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Sign Seumalo and Wagner, trade for Jeudy. 

Read that Jeudy is not up for trade , but that would be awesome for Bills to get him IMHO

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

DE Robert Quinn could be a sneaky good addition.

32,  only had 1 sack last year....but 18.5 the year before.   Playing opposite Von in a rotation maybe we could get 8-12 sacks from him 

That's interesting....

• Agree 1

What is Beane waiting for to grab one of these targeted FA? He loses Williams to the Saints and Kendrick to the Chargers. It’s like he’s low balling these FAs and expecting them to cave. Let’s go and bring in some talent. The draft is not the way to replace Edmunds or get a big time back. Is it me or does this guy seem like he spending his own money.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Vons not going to be on the field until Thanksgiving at the earliest.

That's not true. He had a partial tear repair, not a full AC reconstruction. He might not be ready for the start of the season, but Beane himself has said he expects to have him most of the year.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

24 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

What is Beane waiting for to grab one of these targeted FA? He loses Williams to the Saints and Kendrick to the Chargers. It’s like he’s low balling these FAs and expecting them to cave. Let’s go and bring in some talent. The draft is not the way to replace Edmunds or get a big time back. Is it me or does this guy seem like he spending his own money.

Little too late now, most of the better targets are gone while we signed 2 no name projects.  Should have signed Williams at 4m per.  Vander ech and David were good deals at LB too.  Not sure what is going on with Beane, but it certainly feels like we are further separating ourselves from the better teams solely because of Beanes drafting and FA acquisitions

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Little too late now, most of the better targets are gone while we signed 2 no name projects.  Should have signed Williams at 4m per.  Vander ech and David were good deals at LB too.  Not sure what is going on with Beane, but it certainly feels like we are further separating ourselves from the better teams solely because of Beanes drafting and FA acquisitions

I hate to criticize Beane prematurely because he could still bring in good players but it seems like he’s not being aggressive enough. We’re chasing these teams and we’ve got significant holes. What did he free up all that cap space for? Hardy is nice player but he’s had serious injuries. The guard from the Cowboys is a good add but Poyer was here and keeping him is great but won’t make us better.

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

We did not get better this FA period. Very disappointing 

Do you really need to be told a free agency is not over yet?

45 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I hate to criticize Beane prematurely because he could still bring in good players but it seems like he’s not being aggressive enough. We’re chasing these teams and we’ve got significant holes. What did he free up all that cap space for? Hardy is nice player but he’s had serious injuries. The guard from the Cowboys is a good add but Poyer was here and keeping him is great but won’t make us better.

It’s pretty obvious that the GM is waiting for prices on players to go down

We have money now a little bit of money, but we still have money

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2023-bobby-wagner-adam-thielen-headline-top-remaining-players-available-at-each-position/

I'd love to see Bobby Wagner and Isaac Seumalo signed and a trade for Jeudy.  Honestly, if we did that, I could give a crap about who they take in the draft.  I think all of them are signable with a little magic.  Wagner would let us take a chance on a later round MLB, Jeudy would put an end to the need at WR, and Seumalo can play both guards and Center.  

If we pulled that off, we could honestly go after that RB in the first round and I wouldn't even blink.  This offense would be absolutely terrifying.  Our defense wouldn't skip a beat, and setup nice for the future.  Draft a Safety to prepare for the departure of Hyde/Poyer maybe.

Next season, then we can figure out the Ed Oliver and MLB future plans.  

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.