Options left at free agency -

GoBills!

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We don’t have the money for that
We might be able to trade for JJ

Might have enough money for Wagner, depending on how much he wants

There’s no way we’re getting all three of those guys that’s just dreaming

Two out of three ain't bad though I'd take that. Imo Beane has to get a little more aggressive.

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
  • Like (+1) 1

They need to resign Shaq and Phillips first. I'm hoping Bobby Wagner will sign for cheap so he can end his career with a Super Bowl win. That will give them a chance to take a top WR in the first round, a TE in the second, and OL and RB help in later rounds. Beane will likely find an aging veteran OT to compete with Brown. They can't have everything, and I'm guessing they'll pass on pass-rush help and hope the young guns can do ok until Miller returns. 

If Wagner doesn't sign, it'll have to be LB in the first, and it'll be a long season on offense, unless Gabe and Shakir suddenly go nuclear or Harty is amazing, which sounds like wishful thinking. 

• Agree 1

I think Wagner is holding up the rest of the linebackers, what's left anyway. The market is drying up but so is the need. So who still needs a linebacker? 

IMO

Dire need:

Buffalo

Rams

Could use one: 

Patriots (they have a bunch of guys under contract, Wagner is still an upgrade)

Cowboys (can still add Wagner and play LVE outside)

Giants (could play him next to Okereke)

Browns 

Vikings (maybe but they love Asamoah)

Raiders though they signed Spillane and still in on Perryman

Seahawks though they signed Devin Bush

I think what happens with OBJ, Jedy, and DHOP is holding up the WR market a bit with guys like Chark still out there. 

The last couple seasons, we've gotten ourselves stuck in a vicious cycle.

We go into the draft with a couple glaring needs.  This forces us to reach for a position, instead of going with the best player.

Lackluster drafts lead to more roster holes/needs in future offseasons.  Rinse, repeat...

Right now, the Bills have huge needs at:

- Running Back

- Right Tackle

- Middle Linebacker

This roster could also use some help at Wide Receiver (both outside deep threat and slot).  We don't know when Von Miller will return from his ACL, so maybe another pass rusher.  Depth along the O-Line and Tight End.

If we don't address these positions with a (starting caliber) veteran, then it basically pigeonholes us for the draft.  Brandon Beane will have no choice but address these positions in the first three rounds.  Regardless of how the draft talent actually falls.

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Spotrac had him getting $11M per year before FA.

My guess is that pelvis injury is still lingering. It cost him the second half of his season. 

I'm interested because he looks even faster than McKenzie.  Still only 25. Although I think it's unlikely we have interest 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Spotrac had him getting $11M per year before FA.

My guess is that pelvis injury is still lingering. It cost him the second half of his season. 

Re: a #2 WR, I'm wondering if Beane is fine with Gabe being #2 again, or if he's waiting for more updates on OBJ and Hardman. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

We don’t have the money for that
We might be able to trade for JJ

Might have enough money for Wagner, depending on how much he wants

There’s no way we’re getting all three of those guys that’s just dreaming

I havent put the numbers together but Jeudy will cost us in terms of draft picks. Assuming Denver is still interested in trading him

As for the other two, Beane has to figure out a way to make their cost work within the cap. These are the kinds of bold moves to put us over the top. We are wallowing in this uncomfortable edge where we do great in the regular season and end it with a thud. We cant depend on rookies only to fill all the gaps for the coming season. 

Just got to make bold things happen. 

20 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The last couple seasons, we've gotten ourselves stuck in a vicious cycle.

We go into the draft with a couple glaring needs.  This forces us to reach for a position, instead of going with the best player.

Lackluster drafts lead to more roster holes/needs in future offseasons.  Rinse, repeat...

Right now, the Bills have huge needs at:

- Running Back

- Right Tackle

- Middle Linebacker

This roster could also use some help at Wide Receiver (both outside deep threat and slot).  We don't know when Von Miller will return from his ACL, so maybe another pass rusher.  Depth along the O-Line and Tight End.

If we don't address these positions with a (starting caliber) veteran, then it basically pigeonholes us for the draft.  Brandon Beane will have no choice but address these positions in the first three rounds.  Regardless of how the draft talent actually falls.

I agree on Right Tackle, but unfortunately I don't think Beane does. He loves Brown too much for him to consider it a major need. 

Edited by MWK

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

It's a huge bummer to see how little we've done, but I understand you can't buy champagne with kool aid money. 

To be fair, not many teams have done all that much. The market is working out perfectly for us because we didn’t have the money to make big splashes. 

I’m thinking the Bills have some offers out and are hoping they choose us over making a little more money elsewhere like Harty. 

We can still get some key pieces at bargain prices. We just have to stick to our guns and let it all play out. Now if a feeding frenzy begins and players aren’t choosing us, then it gets a little worrisome because I know Beane will still try to sign 3rd and 4th options. Once he has a position in mind to fill, he usually sticks to that. Like a dog with a bone. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Zeke has, I’m about to go into retirement mode written all over him

I think you could be right but he still has value in short yardage situations. Let’s see if they can get him on a very cheap deal full of incentives. 

Beane was cool and calm as ever during yesterdays presser. No doubt he has some offers out their. He noted the need at LB, RB, WR. I'm a little concerned that he thinks the O-Line is in "Pretty good shape", but no doubt they will draft an O-Lineman or two. He also seemed to indicate that Damar is trending up, and looks like he'll be back with the Bills by May!! I like where the Bills are. This was a 14 win team with tons of injuries, and oddball oddities that happened to them last year. Our world class QB will be healthy, Tre, Miller will be back, and we have the Poyer/Hyde tandem back for up to 2 more years!!! If Bills get a stout LB,(Especially against the run where Edmunds was mostly useless)  the Bills will be primed for another SB run...    

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.