Cody Ford signed by the Bengals

Beck Water

Just now, Beck Water said:

No word yet on contract. 

Just thought it was worth putting out there that Ford has been signed by one of the teams we keep extolling as a team we should emulate for their OL moves.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cody-ford-29074/

The Bengals continue to throw stuff against the wall to see what sticks in terms of OL signings. So far they have failed.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bengals continue to throw stuff against the wall to see what sticks in terms of OL signings. So far they have failed.

Their OL, after a shaky start, was pretty good until they got ravaged by injuries this past season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Their OL, after a shaky start, was pretty good until they got ravaged by injuries this past season. 

They went to a quick game after the bye that made them look better than they were. The last game when they played how they wanted was a loss to the Browns on Halloween night. Burrow got sacked 5 times.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No word yet on contract. 

Just thought it was worth putting out there that Ford has been signed by one of the teams we keep extolling as a team we should emulate for their OL moves.

Heard he was practicing catching with a player from his college team Oklahoma.  

Change to Jumbo TE?

hey at least they're making a concerted effort to attempt to address the issue. For instance Orlando Brown & Cody Ford > Connor McGovern.

With the oline being so important, you'd like to add at least 1 'good' starter to the line every year. I set the bar pretty low since even 1 has been a hard target for us to reach.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

hey at least they're making a concerted effort to attempt to address the issue. For instance Orlando Brown & Cody Ford > Connor McGovern.

With the oline being so important, you'd like to add at least 1 'good' starter to the line every year. I set the bar pretty low since even 1 has been a hard target for us to reach.

They have to with Burrow.  His splits under pressure vs. kept clean are night and day.  Meanwhile, Allen is the best under pressure in the NFL.  I'm not saying we shouldn't prioritize OL, but I wish people would stop comparing us to the Bengals in this area.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? So they didn’t play how they wanted on their way to a 8-9 game winning streak? 

😅 some really crazy takes on this board lately.

In 2021, Burrow held the ball waiting for Chase to get open downfield. He got sacked a lot. So they invested a lot of money in the OL in the offseason. In the early part of 2022, they tried the same offense and Burrow still got sacked a lot and they were losing. This all came to a head during a Halloween night blowout loss to the Browns where Burrow got sacked 5 times. The next week was the bye week. After that, the ball started coming out a lot quicker and the sacked dropped and they went on a winning streak.

How do I know this? I live in Cincinnati and I hear the local chatter and watch the games. Fans left this team for dead after that loss to the Browns and were calling for Zach Taylor’s head.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No word yet on contract. 

last guy off the bench vs high draft pick expected to start can come with very different conversations 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? So they didn’t play how they wanted on their way to a 8-9 game winning streak? 

😅 some really crazy takes on this board lately.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ford sucks, but what is your point?

Their starting 5 is head and shoulders above our starting 5….. and their back ups ***** on our defensive line.

Yeah…..our defensive line without Von Miller and Daquan Jones

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.