Damar Hamlin EXPECTED BACK!

DrDawkinstein

I love Demar as a person; all he has gone through is inspirational, but not his play. He is still a 2nd string safety at best. I wish he would retire and use his platform to continue all the good he has been a catalyst for. But it is his decisions to make.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:
6 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I don’t want to be the bills staff member who clears him and fluke #2 happens. 

You best believe that whoever the physician is that clears him will be an outside physician and not a member of the bill staff

Agree on outsider. 
still, eeek

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

I love Demar as a person; all he has gone through is inspirational, but not his play. He is still a 2nd string safety at best. I wish he would retire and use his platform to continue all the good he has been a catalyst for. But it is his he decides to make.

He’s a back up safety is anybody saying that he’s more than that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

He was a good hard tackler but lacking some in coverage.

Pretty much what you'd expect out of a 2nd year 7th round pick. But the kid lives and breathes football, and has his whole life. He has been a huge part of the Pittsburgh football scene since he was a little kid. The coverage and mental part will come with time. I wouldnt write him off yet. (Assuming he does come back and has a career)

14 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kinda, but not really. I've been expecting him back. That soccer player came back and had a career. This was such a random fluke that will likely never happen again to another player in our lifetime. A 24 year old athlete should be able to come back.

Now we have TOO MANY Safeties! :thumbsup:

No such thing 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Kiva said:

No thanks. Best of luck in the future. 

Im very happy that he is healthy. 

As far as football is concerned, he was often missing tackles, taking bad angles and slow to react.

So yeah, i’m with your assessment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It depends if he has any cardiac or lung damage.  If it was commotio cordis (we still don’t really know) without damage then he isn’t at an increased likelihood of having it happen again.

The mental hurdle will be tough to overcome.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The only thing worse than the "I hope Damar Hamlin never plays again" people are the "too many bad vibes from last year, no thanks" people.

Both are pretty awful, though.

My stance is that I would have understood if he never played again after what he went through.

I still think we draft a guy in the later rounds

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Bills fans expecting backups to be starters. Hamlin is a decent player. Glad he is back. He is the backup not the starter. 

Now tell me about Poyer and Hyde's first few years in the league. Heck, do Poyer's first FOUR years in the league when he couldnt crack the starting lineup of the Cleveland Browns, even when they went 4-28 over his last 2 years.

Hamlin should be the backup this year, to learn behind Poyer and Hyde. But for a 2nd year guy last year, I thought he played as well as could be expected and where he should be in his development.

Johnson on the other hand, needs to be straight up cut. That was his 4th season and it was BRUTAL.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.