Damar Hamlin EXPECTED BACK!

DrDawkinstein

29 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bad mojo?

What are we doing here of course we want him to come back.  

First of all we know as a 2nd year player he was at worst a good backup to Hyde - he was ok - safeties take some time - See Poyer and Hyde as proof.  

Second, his presence means something bigger now. “That’s the guy that died on the field out here battling with us.”

I mean if people don’t get this I don’t know.  So long as Hamlin is a class dude (and by every indication he is) he’s the farthest thing from bad mojo or anything like that.  If he was constantly making things about “me” that’s different you better be elite if you’re like that.

But he seems like the guy you want on your team - the death on the field experience elevates him and that should only enhance this team’s chemistry.  And they’re going to need it because they’re going to be seriously challenged this season.   

What some people need to say is that they are scared if he plays it might happen to him again.   He’s a bad memory they don’t want to be reminded of.  Just say that and stop saying he isn’t good or whatever.  That’s nonsense.  He’s an inconsistent, young player like most young players are.  Does so good things.  Does some bad things.

If doctors clear him (and he will have gone through extensive tests) there’s no reason he shouldn’t be able to play if he wants to.    If doctors don’t sign off he won’t be playing even if he disagrees with their assessments.

Edited by purple haze
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

You two are speculating. Unless there is some new evidence I'm not aware of, they never released the cause for his incident. In fact, when asked directly in his interview with Strahan he declined to answer.

There's zero way for anyone to know if he is or isn't a risk moving forward not knowing the cause of his condition. 

Except we do know. Because if it was Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy like Hank Gathers he would have an implantable defibrillator and no chance to play. 
Barring any lung injury from the CPR, he will be cleared to play.

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Except we do know. Because if it was Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy like Hank Gathers he would have an implantable defibrillator and no chance to play. 
Barring any lung injury from the CPR, he will be cleared to play.

You don't know because the cause has never been disclosed and Hamlin declined to answer.

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

You two are speculating. Unless there is some new evidence I'm not aware of, they never released the cause for his incident. In fact, when asked directly in his interview with Strahan he declined to answer.

There's zero way for anyone to know if he is or isn't a risk moving forward not knowing the cause of his condition. 

You’re 100% correct, which is why it’s curious that many are shocked by the idea of Hamlin returning this season.

Hamlin decking to answer was pretty telling, he seems to know his answer would be controversial or problematic for public consumption.

• Agree 1

If he is truly back to form, Hamlin was a fine backup/depth safety. He played better than Jaquan Johnson, Cam Lewis and Marlowe for sure.

I don’t think he was really consistent enough to be a starter, but we have All Pro Po’ and Hyde back anyway.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.