Damar Hamlin EXPECTED BACK!

DrDawkinstein

Just now, Big Turk said:

Wow...that is crazy!

Kinda, but not really. I've been expecting him back. That soccer player came back and had a career. This was such a random fluke that will likely never happen again to another player in our lifetime. A 24 year old athlete should be able to come back.

Now we have TOO MANY Safeties! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kinda, but not really. I've been expecting him back. That soccer player came back and had a career. This was such a random fluke that will likely never happen again to another player in our lifetime. A 24 year old athlete should be able to come back.

Now we have TOO MANY Safeties! :thumbsup:

I believe Chris Pronger in the NHL suffered the same thing, had to be revived on the ice and returned in 4 games, hope I’m not remembering this story incorrectly 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, julian said:

I believe Chris Pronger in the NHL suffered the same thing, had to be revived on the ice and returned in 4 games, hope I’m not remembering this story incorrectly 

Pronger came to as they were cutting his jersey off, spent the night in the hospital and played the next game with a chest protector. It was playoffs

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Pronger came to as they were cutting his jersey off, spent the night in the hospital and played the next game with a chest protector. It was playoffs

Ok sounds right… he came back without assistance. Not as severe as Hamlin.

7 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Not a good player, and is a major health risk

I'd wish him well and let him know that we will be releasing him

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Nice story. At best he is a back up S. 

Check out Poyer's stats at the same point in his career.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Glad he's OK. But I would draft a replacement unless he's somehow a completely different player. Was not impressed at all with our back up safeties. 

There seems to be a decent number available who are around Damar’s talent level. 

Having a choice would you hope for the best via the draft or sign on through the current list of FA’s?

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

I thought Hamlin was pretty good last year.  Not great, but showed some promise.  Definitely happy to have him back as depth.

He was far better than Johnson, who has had more years in the system.

This was Damar's 2nd year, and he was thrown into the mix, and then all of a sudden our most tenured Safety.

Give him another year to develop behind Poyer and Hyde. Poyer had 4 full seasons before he became a Bill.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.