Beane still looking to add big bodied RB to roster

Inigo Montoya

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Basham/Rousseau/Epenesa/Miller/Lawson. When is he gonna play? 

Lawson ? Did they re-sign him? Must have missed that…

And Miller is back when from his ACL?

So that leaves Rousseau and the Bruise Brothers Basham and Epenesa…

Meanwhile in Running back land , we got the guy we picked in the 2nd last year and the guy we traded for mid season and just restructured and still paying plenty too… sign someone on the cheap in FA like Fournette to round out the group , or if he wants to much money then get someone that goes undrafted…

On 3/16/2023 at 5:57 PM, Gunsgoodtime said:

I have been "bulking" up quite a bit this offseason

If you'll work for about $450K, you're signed!

I was going to advocate grabbing someone off waivers when they need to shave down rosters, but given that you are a fan of the team, I think you'd work well.

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

People hate on Zeke, and who knows if he’d come cheap, but he has a nose for short yardage.   

We are building an athletic, pass blocking OL.  These dudes are not going to be knocking people back.   Someone like Zeke, who is strong and knows how to knife/angle for that yard, makes a lot of sense.  

He’d also be a perfect compliment for Cook as a RB duo.   Good in pass pro as well. 

I just can’t stand his stupid feed me celebration. I loved when Phillips and Lawson made fun of it. I watched that a million times. 

1 minute ago, CapeBreton said:

Roschon Johnson, this guy looked pretty solid at the combine and runs hard, guessing he either goes late or is a UDFA though. 

Most draft prognastication websites have Roschon Johnson projected in the third round. 

If he’s looking for a big bodied back why didn’t he pull the trigger on Williams, Foreman, Perine . For god’s sake D’Ernest Johnson signed back with Cleveland for a couple million.This guy thinks that these FAs will take less for the privilege of playing in Buffalo. Just go out and get Zeke or trade for someone. I’m losing confidence in Beane with each passing day.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

If he’s looking for a big bodied back why didn’t he pull the trigger on Williams, Foreman, Perine . For god’s sake D’Ernest Johnson signed back with Cleveland for a couple million.This guy thinks that these FAs will take less for the privilege of playing in Buffalo. Just go out and get Zeke or trade for someone. I’m losing confidence in Beane with each passing day.

WIlliams got $4M/year, Foreman got $3M and Perine got $3.75M.  The Bills could easily have afforded any of them.  There were probably other factors involved.  As for Johnson, he's not a big back and as far as I can see, is still unsigned.

I am ok with the Elliot or Fournette idea now. Those guys aren’t my favorite, but they have something to prove, so you get them when their back is against the wall. They will be at their best. 

13 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

With each passing day the prices get cheaper and more vets will be released. Remember that their priorities don’t always line up with ours. 

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

WIlliams got $4M/year, Foreman got $3M and Perine got $3.75M.  The Bills could easily have afforded any of them.  There were probably other factors involved.  As for Johnson, he's not a big back and as far as I can see, is still unsigned.

He signed back with Cleveland for 2.4 million. I know he’s not as big but I like him. He’s not being aggressive and he throws these wish lists out there to give fans the idea he’s got a plan. We may be in trouble with this guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.