Beane still looking to add big bodied RB to roster

Inigo Montoya

32 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

You do realize we wouldn’t be picking up Zeke based on what he once was, but what he is now? The last couple of years he has been a shell of his former self, but he is still an excellent short yardage back. Zeke is someone I wouldn’t mind for the right price, but I also wouldn’t be expecting prime Zeke.

You do realize he sucks right(?   We don’t have to agree

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

You do realize he sucks right(?   We don’t have to agree

He isn’t a true number 1 anymore, but he hasn’t sucked at short yardage the last couple of years. The last game against the niners in the playoffs didn’t go well, but that niners d line/defense is one of the best. 

I’m basing my opinion on fantasy (yeah I know), but he has been consistent at punching the ball into the end zone when in close, or making the tough short yardage situations. That’s really all we need from a back. We already have speed and pass catching in Cook/Hines. 

I’m not saying I WANT Zeke. I just wouldn’t be opposed either (for the right and cheap price). We need a power back one way or another and the power back doesn’t need to be a rb1. One of the most common labels by fans for a non rb1 back would be along the lines of, “he sucks, or he’s trash”. 

Out of curiosity, which power back(s) would you like the Bills to go after? 

• Like (+1) 1

Bring me Zeke on the cheap.

We just need someone for when we get inside the 5 yard line and stall. And Zeke is still a powerhouse that knows how to find the endzone in short yardage.

Regardless of his best days being behind him, he was still tied for THIRD most TDs from a RB last year. While on a passing offense. He had 12, which is exactly Josh (7) and Singletary (5) combined.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bring me Zeke on the cheap.

We just need someone for when we get inside the 5 yard line and stall. And Zeke is still a powerhouse that knows how to find the endzone in short yardage.

Regardless of his best days being behind him, he was still tied for THIRD most TDs from a RB last year. While on a passing offense. He had 12, which is exactly Josh (7) and Singletary (5) combined.

People hate on Zeke, and who knows if he’d come cheap, but he has a nose for short yardage.   

We are building an athletic, pass blocking OL.  These dudes are not going to be knocking people back.   Someone like Zeke, who is strong and knows how to knife/angle for that yard, makes a lot of sense.  

He’d also be a perfect compliment for Cook as a RB duo.   Good in pass pro as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

People hate on Zeke, and who knows if he’d come cheap, but he has a nose for short yardage.   

We are building an athletic, pass blocking OL.  These dudes are not going to be knocking people back.   Someone like Zeke, who is strong and knows how to knife/angle for that yard, makes a lot of sense.  

He’d also be a perfect compliment for Cook as a RB duo.   Good in pass pro as well. 

He’s also only 27, he’s definitely a dude I’ll have an eye on…

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He has 100 yards in his last 50 carries. 

Which means he had 776 yards in his first 171 carries! Amazing production ;) 

I actually thought you were being sarcastic, then I looked up his stats and you were being serious. He fell off a cliff hard this year. 

The plus side is he wouldn’t be RB1, just RB1a and definitely won’t get 271 Carrie’s next year. 

I still think Damien Harris or Darrel Williams is the direction we will go. Harris KILLED us and Williams played for KC. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He has 100 yards in his last 50 carries. 

Pollard didnt do much better over that same window, but we know he's a feature back. Sounds like a team issue that was going through some challenges. Which we know they were.

Throwing out a single vague stat that the whole team plays into doesnt tell us much.

Look at the whole body of work and when he was most effective. Short yardage and/or goal line situations. Where have the Bills struggled?

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

They better sign Singletary asap before we end up with half of Zeke's torso in the back field. 

This is a really deep RB class. There's a half dozen or more guys that will be available in the late rounds that could instantly contribute. 

I like Motor, obviously. But the price needs to be right...

Here's one big guy to check out:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This is a really deep RB class. There's a half dozen or more guys that will be available in the late rounds that could instantly contribute. 

I like Motor, obviously. But the price needs to be right...

Here's one big guy to check out:

If we draft another RB I'm going to scream.

Stop.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.