Beane still looking to add big bodied RB to roster

Inigo Montoya

7 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Henry's current contract has a cap hit of $16mm this year.  I don't see how that works for us.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/derrick-henry-18994/

It wouldn't be quite that bad for the Bills...$11 million.  The Titans eat most of the bonuses.  With a contract extension,  the Bills could cut his cap hit from there considerably. 

I'm not saying the Bills should do it,  but if they wanted,  they could make it work. 

Edited by Brandon
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Hey Era,

I just don't think he's a good fit for our offense.  Henry is an old school back who needs 20+ carries a game to find his grove.  I don't think Dorsey wants to invest that much of the offense in running plays, and he probably shouldn't as long as we have a healthy Josh.

🍻

Henry doesn’t need 20 touches a game. He needs to be fed late third quarter and all fourth quarter when the defense is worn down. That’s when his game stats explode. That being said I want nothing of him. Way too expensive 

21 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Henry's current contract has a cap hit of $16mm this year.  I don't see how that works for us.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/derrick-henry-18994/

I think it comes out to like around $10M because the signing bonus doesn't transfer over.  And that's before the Bills/Beane do their tricks of 2 year deal w signing bonus stuff.

D Henry isn't an ordinary RB.  He is the physical peak RB performer, top 3 in the league, defensive coordinator nightmare.

D Henry elevates the offense.  He is a playmaker that needs to be game planned for.  

20 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

Where were you in 2012? 2009? Don't play ignorant. This is a much better team with much better leadership. Same mofos that would have sold their kid for a wildcard appearance out here like "we keep making the playoffs, but clearly the team is run by degenerates". Seriously, stop....lol

How am I playing ignorant?
So we’re competing against the utter incompetence of Buddy Nix And Doug Whaley?

Look bud, You can be happy wearing your AFCE Championship T Shirt to work on Bills day but I’m not.  

By any measure, we’ve massively underachieved 3 years in a row. This year Beane’s putrid draft record was exposed when nobody he drafted could step up. 
But it sure does feel good to own a bunch of sh!tty teams in the AFCE!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

How am I playing ignorant?
So we’re competing against the utter incompetence of Buddy Nix And Doug Whaley?

Look bud, You can be happy wearing your AFCE Championship T Shirt to work on Bills day but I’m not.  

By any measure, we’ve massively underachieved 3 years in a row. This year Beane’s putrid draft record was exposed when nobody he drafted could step up. 
But it sure does feel good to own a bunch of sh!tty teams in the AFCE!

So you bought an afce championship t shirt but refuse to wear it?

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Hey Era,

I just don't think he's a good fit for our offense.  Henry is an old school back who needs 20+ carries a game to find his grove.  I don't think Dorsey wants to invest that much of the offense in running plays, and he probably shouldn't as long as we have a healthy Josh.

🍻

Fun fact: the Bills averaged 17.7 rushes per game by an RB

They averaged 7.8 from their QB. 

Now, you're never gonna get Josh to stop rushing all together, nor should we try.  But 2 fewer rushes per game from Allen and the Bills woulda been at 20 rushes per game by an RB last season.

Note: not arguing for or against acquiring King Henry, just providing some rush attempt context.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

Latavius Murray? Huge, runs hard, still has speed. 33 years old, but had a great revival year in Denver. He was essentially all they had. Used to being in a job share with guys like Kamara and Dalvin Cook. From all accounts he’s an awesome guy and teammate. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think I’m pretty close to being all in on Henry if Beane pulls the trigger.  

1) 3rd and short can be Henry wildcat/handoff, instead of Allen sweeps/sneaks/draws

2) Playaction would be a monster 

3) Strange fit with our athletic, pass blocking OL philosophy, but Henry would be running into light boxes for the first time in his career 

4) Might be appealing to Henry to play for a legit contender and extend his career by not being ran into the ground all season

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Latavius Murray? Huge, runs hard, still has speed. 33 years old, but had a great revival year in Denver. He was essentially all they had. Used to being in a job share with guys like Kamara and Dalvin Cook. From all accounts he’s an awesome guy and teammate. 

If he had some gas left, but pretty old.

Speaking of Denver, I saw Royce Freeman's name on the RB UFA list.  His first 2 years in Denver were pretty good as that big body back.

3rd year he got pretty much benched when Williams and Gordon were tearing it up.

Fell off the face of the earth after that.  Crazy what happens to some of these RBs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think I’m pretty close to being all in on Henry if Beane pulls the trigger.  

1) 3rd and short can be Henry wildcat/handoff, instead of Allen sweeps/sneaks/draws

2) Playaction would be a monster 

3) Strange fit with our athletic, pass blocking OL philosophy, but Henry would be running into light boxes for the first time in his career 

4) Might be appealing to Henry to play for a legit contender and extend his career by not being ran into the ground all season

Beane didn't seem like he was really targeting a big name playmaker RB judging by his presser.   Sounded more like he was talking more about adding depth when replying to question about adding a bigger size RB.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Beane didn't seem like he was really targeting a big name playmaker RB judging by his presser.   Sounded more like he was talking more about adding depth when replying to question about adding a bigger size RB.  

I’m just reacting to Daquan Jones likely

trolling everyone by tweeting at Derrick Henry, calling him King of the North 

44 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Hey Era,

🍻

Hey bro- I agree.  I don’t want Henry either. Too much money, not enough usage or good enough line.  

if it happened, I’d be excited to watch what he can do and hope it works out for the best. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.