Beane still looking to add big bodied RB to roster

Inigo Montoya

Just now, NewEra said:

Lol…. Reporters ask a GM about RBs:  GM answers question regarding RBs;  guy makes a thread about Beane and RBs;  

@ScottLaw: Beane can’t stop thinking about running backs. 

The amount of delusional people on this board is ubsured lol. Honestly I'm fine with skepticism and being critical of the gm, but the amount of whinning and crying about every little thing on here is mind numbing. I only hope some act like this on the internet, because if that's how they are in real life I feel bad for the people who have to live with them. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry 

Not sure what you're getting at here. You want Derrick Henry?

Just now, BillzFreak said:

The amount of delusional people on this board is ubsured lol. Honestly I'm fine with skepticism and being critical of the gm, but the amount of whinning and crying about every little thing on here is mind numbing. I only hope some act like this on the internet, because if that's how they are in real life I feel bad for the people who have to live with them. 

Seriously…. Might be time to join Yolo once FA cools off.  Whining and crying.  Crying and whining. 

Just now, Chaos said:

Sproles rolling out for the hb option to devonte harty.   makes so much more sense than Josh Allen to some dumbcluck 6'2 WR. 

Agreed, but this is the opposite of what is being discussed in this thread. Sure, we can discuss adding more speed with hands options, but thats a different conversation

Edited by Westside Madness

I’d like Damian Harris but I doubt that will happen. Really losing faith in these guys. We keep drafting guys who hardly contribute on Sunday and keep bringing in mediocre vets that can’t help us get over the hump. We need a WR and we just signed possibly the shortest guy in the NFL. Maybe he’ll be a good returner but is he even gonna beat out Hines, probably not. McD probably put him on the 2 year playbook learning plan everybody else is on anyway, kid really doesn’t have much experience. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Really losing faith in these guys. We keep drafting guys who hardly contribute on Sunday and keep bringing in mediocre vets that can’t help us get over the hump.

This is ridiculous. You are ridiculous. You are losing faith in "these guys"? You mean our GM and staff? We have been in the playoffs repeatedly. Its fine to say maybe we could do better here or there, I mean we are all only human. But losing faith in a team that has turned around this franchise and turned it into a repeat contender? I almost went with consistent, but I will hold that word one more year.

Edited by Westside Madness
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Seriously…. Might be time to join Yolo once FA cools off.  Whining and crying.  Crying and whining. 

I swear if the Bills somehow win a superbowl, I'd come here to see some of these people post, yeah we won a superbowl but it's only 1, I expect more from our gm or he has failed lol.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That could be something…..

Henry's current contract has a cap hit of $16mm this year.  I don't see how that works for us.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/derrick-henry-18994/

Just now, TOboy said:

Seems kind of random. They were teammates before though, right? 

right….and the #KingOfTheNorth would imply him here. DaQuan could know something…or it’s wishful thinking from him

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

Henry's current contract has a cap hit of $16mm this year.  I don't see how that works for us.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/derrick-henry-18994/

You rework the deal and extend him a couple years

1 minute ago, Westside Madness said:

This is ridiculous. You are ridiculous. You are losing faith in "these guys"? You mean our GM and staff? We have been in the playoffs repeatedly. Its fine to say maybe we could do better here or there, I mean we are all only human. But losing faith in a team that has turned around this franchise and turned it into a repeat contender? I almost went with consistent, but I will hold that word one more year.

As good as the are they could be better if they drafted players that helped us on Sunday. Don’t like my opinion but it’s the cold hard facts. 

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

I swear if the Bills somehow win a superbowl, I'd come here to see some of these people post, yeah we won a superbowl but it's only 1, I expect more from our gm or he has failed lol.

Hit the nail on the head with that one.  

4 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

We’ve been to one AFCG in 4 years and got blown out.  So contending for what exactly? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

We would likely renegotiate his contract and lower the cap hit. 

Hey Era,

I just don't think he's a good fit for our offense.  Henry is an old school back who needs 20+ carries a game to find his grove.  I don't think Dorsey wants to invest that much of the offense in running plays, and he probably shouldn't as long as we have a healthy Josh.

🍻

• Like (+1) 1

Listening to Beane's pressor, 2 things seemed likely

1. the were never going to re-sign Edmunds.  When they didn't last year (for likely much less than 18 per), that was basically it.  He said the 18 million average was too much this year... 

2. McKenzie is gone.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Just now, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

We’ve been to one AFCG in 4 years and got blown out.  So contending for what exactly? 

Where were you in 2012? 2009? Don't play ignorant. This is a much better team with much better leadership. Same mofos that would have sold their kid for a wildcard appearance out here like "we keep making the playoffs, but clearly the team is run by degenerates". Seriously, stop....lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.