Long list of Bills free agents -- who will they keep?

BillsDad51

Just now, BillsDad51 said:

Haven't heard anything on these players. Could this be the year we say goodbye to Taiwan Jones?

Crowder

Hart

Jaquon Johnson

Taiwan Jones

Klein

Kumerow

Shaq Lawson

Marlowe

Jordan Phillips

Quessenbury

Saffold

Singletary

Sweeney

VanRoten

Well the good news is anyone on that list we want to keep we could pretty much get at vet minimum.

11 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

Haven't heard anything on these players. Could this be the year we say goodbye to Taiwan Jones?

Crowder

Hart

Jaquon Johnson

Taiwan Jones

Klein

Kumerow

Shaq Lawson

Marlowe

Jordan Phillips

Quessenbury

Saffold

Singletary

Sweeney

VanRoten

The bolded players. Probably Singletary too, even though I'd rather replace him. 

• Agree 1

Would love to have Shaq Lawson back if he will sign a reasonable deal.

I've always been a Singletary supporter. Wouldn't mind seeing him back. I'm not interested in drafting a running back.

Dean Marlowe is good safety depth.

I'd stay away from Jordan Phillips unless we can sign him for cheap. He is pretty injury prone.

• Like (+1) 1

I've bolded the guys I think they'll sign for low cost, allow them a chance to compete in preseason.  Can't let most of the OL leave and find replacements for the entirety of the vacancies.  Sign for low, draft, and add another FA, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Crowder

Hart

Jaquon Johnson

Taiwan Jones

Klein

Kumerow

Shaq Lawson

Marlowe

Jordan Phillips

Quessenbury

Saffold

Singletary

Sweeney

VanRoten

• Vomit 2

I would bring back Crowder,Lawson, and Q. I would have chosen Klein over Dodson but I would not bring both back. They need to find out if Bernard can play or not. Klein probably can be picked up after first game of season on the cheap and his salary would not be fully guaranteed.  

The rest can go. We need multiple players to sign elsewhere to get the comp pick for Edmunds. 

Marlowe is the only one I'd want on the 53. 

If we were better on the DL, I'd be open to the Phillips and Shaq, but Phillips can't stay healthy and we need more juice than what Shaq can give us.  

Everyone else, no thank you.  

1 hour ago, BillsDad51 said:

Crowder

Hart

Jaquon Johnson

Taiwan Jones

Klein

Kumerow

Shaq Lawson

Marlowe

Jordan Phillips

Quessenbury

Saffold

Singletary

Sweeney

VanRoten

Keep Klein, Lawson, Phillips at vet minimum. Everyone else bye bye.

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

I think I'm probably in the minority, but I wouldn't mind bringing back singletary on a cheap contract. I'd actually like to see a full year of using him, Hines, and cook. But actually use them.

I've been a Singletary fan since he was drafted, but another team will pay him more than any cheap contract the Bills would offer.

I think he was horribly underused throughout his tenure in Buffalo and I personally hope he goes somewhere else and has a handful of 1000+ yard seasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BillsDad51 said:

Crowder

Hart

Jaquon Johnson

Taiwan Jones

Klein

Kumerow

Shaq Lawson

Marlowe

Jordan Phillips

Quessenbury

Saffold

Singletary

Sweeney

VanRoten

lawson on the cheap pershaps, and i'd like klein to return.

i could see hart and saffold signing a low tender this weekened -0 quessenberry too

Crowder

Hart

Jaquon Johnson

Taiwan Jones

Klein

Kumerow

Shaq Lawson

Marlowe

Jordan Phillips

Quessenbury

Saffold

Singletary - Maybe

Sweeney

VanRoten

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've been a Singletary fan since he was drafted, but another team will pay him more than any cheap contract the Bills would offer.

I think he was horribly underused throughout his tenure in Buffalo and I personally hope he goes somewhere else and has a handful of 1000+ yard seasons.

agree, i like him but never could see him as a 1000 yard back.

i see him having a 8-9 year career. he is a process guy who doens't take a play off.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Would love to have Shaq Lawson back if he will sign a reasonable deal.

I've always been a Singletary supporter. Wouldn't mind seeing him back. I'm not interested in drafting a running back.

Dean Marlowe is good safety depth.

I'd stay away from Jordan Phillips unless we can sign him for cheap. He is pretty injury prone.

Wasn't Dean Marlowe leading the league in missed tackles when he played?

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

agree, i like him but never could see him as a 1000 yard back.

i see him having a 8-9 year career. he is a process guy who doens't take a play off.

I don't know.  He averaged 11 carries/game whilst in Buffalo and had a couple 800+ yard seasons.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I would bring back Crowder,Lawson, and Q. I would have chosen Klein over Dodson but I would not bring both back. They need to find out if Bernard can play or not. Klein probably can be picked up after first game of season on the cheap and his salary would not be fully guaranteed.  

The rest can go. We need multiple players to sign elsewhere to get the comp pick for Edmunds. 

Klein has shown he can start and has discovered that the market is not strong for him so should return unless there is another team in area his family would rather live in.  

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Wasn't Dean Marlowe leading the league in missed tackles when he played?

No.

Crowder

Hart

Jaquon Johnson

Taiwan Jones

Klein

Kumerow

Shaq Lawson

Marlowe

Jordan Phillips

Quessenbury

Saffold

Singletary

Sweeney

VanRoten

OK, I'll play.  If they can bring Singletary back at a reasonable contract, I think they should.

Of the rest list above, I think the Bills may offer Klein and Lawson vet cap benefit contracts (or may already have vet cap benefit offers out there to them), but they'll take their time about signing because they'll want to see if any better offers emerge as FA goes on. 

They might do the same for Quessenbury, but Damn! I'd like to see them try for an upgrade at backup tackle. 

Kumerow and Phillips are still rehabbing from surgery and I expect the Bills would wait to sign them to see how their rehab progresses, if they're interested.

For those unfamiliar, a veteran cap benefit or veteran salary benefit contract is one where the vet is offered a 1 year contract at vet minimum for their years of experience and no more than ~$152k of signing bonus, but they count against the cap as a player with 2 years of experience plus bonus.  It's a way to encourage teams to keep lower-tier players with more than 2 years of experience on their roster.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.