Players in the Recent Past & Present That You Felt Didn't Deserve a Roster Spot .

T master

People that say McKenzie, are you talking as of last Thursday when the OP posted this or the start of last season? 

I think you have to be using 20/20 hindsight if you think McKenzie should not have been on the 2022 roster. Going into the 2022 season, McKenzie had the following going for him:

1. In very limited reps had stepped up big time in the starting slot receiver role in back-to-back seasons against Miami in 2020 and the Patriots in 2021. Basically, every time he was called on to contribute meaningful snaps, he had passed the test.

2. He was still young and cheap. 

3. All reports out of the 2022 training camp were that he was having a great camp.

McKenzie, Davis and Knox were all three major breakout candidates going into the 2022 season. None of them broke out unfortunately.

To me the big miss last year was keeping Kumerow over Hodges. To make matters worse, I believe Hodges was still on our practice squad when Kumerow went down on IR and we still somehow let Hodges get picked off our practice squad. And this was when we already knew we had lost Crowder for the season and neither Shakir or McKenzie were setting the world on fire. I'm curious who we were protecting over Hodges at that point of the season when both Kumerow and Crowder were out? 

I'm guessing we were stacking an extra safety or corner over Hodges due to the injuries to Hyde and White?

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.