Players in the Recent Past & Present That You Felt Didn't Deserve a Roster Spot .

T master

Too strong to say he never deserved a roster spot but Aaron Schobel was never someone I was a fan of. Always touted by the announcers as a big time pass rusher and I would never see him show up when needed. Anecdotally his sacks seem to always come in garbage time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Blazman11 said:

Too strong to say he never deserved a roster spot but Aaron Schobel was never someone I was a fan of. Always touted by the announcers as a big time pass rusher and I would never see him show up when needed. Anecdotally his sacks seem to always come in garbage time. 

On a team full of players that were mediocre at best, an average/good player was kind of a big deal.

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Absolutely. I came back to edit my post to add Sweeney. At least he didn’t rob the Bills while doing nothing like Kroft did. I’d add him too. 

I have mixed feelings with Kroft, when they actually threw to him he caught the balls, but TEs are notoriously underutilized in our offensive game plans as downfield targets.

Even Knox we should be trying to use a lot more to move the chains, but Allen's focus tends to lean towards his WRs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

@Mr. WEO

apparently the Bills thought Lil Dirty was overpaid as well considering they just cut him. 

I told you this would happen yesterday... 

Mr. WEO

Community Member

Posted 17 hours ago 

Listening to Beane's pressor, 2 things seemed likely

1. the were never going to re-sign Edmunds.  When they didn't last year (for likely much less than 18 per), that was basically it.  He said the 18 million average was too much this year... 

2. McKenzie is gone.

Chris Kelsay… dude just epitomized the Bills of that era.  I think I was more shocked when they re-upped Kelsay than when the team signed T.O. or “Super Mario”.

Re-signing Kelsay was just waiving the white flag saying to the fans “we’re fine with 7-9, and you should be too”… I believe this was also around the time of the mega free agent splash that captivated the football world known as Derrick Dockery, another strong candidate for this list.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/16/2023 at 12:11 PM, Jim said:

My answer is Tommy Sweeney every day of the week. What exactly has he ever contributed to the team outside of being friends with Josh Allen and Dawson Knox? I feel like the only time we ever see him lately is if he’s sitting at a Sabres game with the guys who actually play a role on the team.

That play against the Pats where he took a classic and perfect Allen to Diggs bomb off the books says it all.  

On 3/16/2023 at 12:36 PM, Mr. WEO said:

McKenzie has made 5.9 million over 5 seasons with the Bills. In 2023, he would account for under 8% of the total WR annual salary for the team. For that money last year, he accounted for 20% of the TDs scored by WRs, 24% of targets and 19% of catches.

That's "extremely overpaid"?

He also created 30 first downs last season

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Chris Kelsay… dude just epitomized the Bills of that era.  I think I was more shocked when they re-upped Kelsay than when the team signed T.O. or “Super Mario”.

Re-signing Kelsay was just waiving the white flag saying to the fans “we’re fine with 7-9, and you should be too”… I believe this was also around the time of the mega free agent splash that captivated the football world known as Derrick Dockery, another strong candidate for this list.

Mark anderson! 4 years 20 million.  He played what 5 games?

Merriman... 2 seasons... 2 sacks.  

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Aaron Maybin.

Seems like a nice guy, but he didn't want to be a good football player.  

On 3/16/2023 at 4:36 PM, Mr. WEO said:

McKenzie has made 5.9 million over 5 seasons with the Bills. In 2023, he would account for under 8% of the total WR annual salary for the team. For that money last year, he accounted for 20% of the TDs scored by WRs, 24% of targets and 19% of catches.

That's "extremely overpaid"?

The problem is you did that facts thing. This is a thread for feelings. And boy do we have a lot of feelings around here.

17 hours ago, mrags said:

@Mr. WEO

apparently the Bills thought Lil Dirty was overpaid as well considering they just cut him. 

No. They though they had upgraded. That is different. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.