Players in the Recent Past & Present That You Felt Didn't Deserve a Roster Spot .

T master

Past players?

Toss up between 3: McCargo / Mike Williams / Maybin

The experiment of these 3 panning out lasted too long. Especially before the wage scaling was a thing. 

Currently?

It’s really a pricing issue. Matakevich, Siran Neal & Taiwan Jones. There’s a few others that people can list but when they’re making as much/more than some of the underperforming likes of McKenzie, Basham & Epenesa that people have an issue with whilst exclusively playing STs… Yeah. 

Edited by BBFL

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Josh Allen. 40 million just to overthrow Diggs on the opening drive of a playoff game? Andy Dalton could have done that for 8 million. 

Current Andy Dalton wouldn’t have us in that playoff game. 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McKenzie has made 5.9 million over 5 seasons with the Bills. In 2023, he would account for under 8% of the total WR annual salary for the team. For that money last year, he accounted for 20% of the TDs scored by WRs, 24% of targets and 19% of catches.

That's "extremely overpaid"?

Yes. Because he’s terrible and doesn’t deserve to be on the team. He didn’t win the slot job unquestionably even though they practically handed it to him. He botched quite a few plays that could have really made his presence felt but he failed. 

if you made an argument that he’s at best our 4th Wr I could accept it. But I’m not looking to utilize him over Diggs, Davis, or even Shakir. Of Beasley comes back he will be in play as our slot again. 

id argue that any rookie drafted prior to the 4th round should absolutely be used more than McKenzie should. He’s a gadget role player at best and for that, I’d argue that he is extremely overpaid. 

25 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yes. Because he’s terrible and doesn’t deserve to be on the team. He didn’t win the slot job unquestionably even though they practically handed it to him. He botched quite a few plays that could have really made his presence felt but he failed. 

if you made an argument that he’s at best our 4th Wr I could accept it. But I’m not looking to utilize him over Diggs, Davis, or even Shakir. Of Beasley comes back he will be in play as our slot again. 

id argue that any rookie drafted prior to the 4th round should absolutely be used more than McKenzie should. He’s a gadget role player at best and for that, I’d argue that he is extremely overpaid. 

Who is going to utilize their WR3/4 over their 1/2?  Makes no sense.  

He's not "terrible".  I described his contribution and what very little it cost the Bills in cash.  His output is  clearly disproportionate to his salary.

And....in the face of this, you staked out a very weak and tired take and  now you are doubling down with nothing but "he's terrible" and that he didn't beat out (somebody) for the slot job.  Then you threw in the corpse of Beasley for some reason and added Shakir, who caught 50% of his targets for 161 yards on 275 snaps as guys who were better last season. 

Very persuasive.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who is going to utilize their WR3/4 over their 1/2?  Makes no sense.  

He's not "terrible".  I described his contribution and what very little it cost the Bills in cash.  His output is  clearly disproportionate to his salary.

And....in the face of this, you staked out a very weak and tired take and  now you are doubling down with nothing but "he's terrible" and that he didn't beat out (somebody) for the slot job.  Then you threw in the corpse of Beasley for some reason and added Shakir, who caught 50% of his targets for 161 yards on 275 snaps as guys who were better last season. 

Very persuasive.

McKenzie sucks and doesn’t belong on this roster making why he’s making. There’s my argument. I’m done 

• Like (+1) 2

IMO these guys didn't deserve roster spots due to their built-in, lame ass, constant excuses!

Trent Edwards (I don't understand why I check down on almost every play, I gotta look at the tape!)

Rob Johnson (I don't understand why they blitz on almost every play, but I'm getting sacked an awlful lot!)

EJ Manuel (I don't understand the playbook, can you draw it in the dirt?  According to my GM, I have big hands and I have that "It" factor)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.