Players in the Recent Past & Present That You Felt Didn't Deserve a Roster Spot .

T master

I know we all have our favorite players that the team & the entire NFL see as the best players on the team or in the league but who are some of the players that we think have not been productive enough to justify the Bills keeping them on the roster .

I know us as Bills fans have no problem with displaying their feelings as far as those that need to be fired or just like to complain about things when it comes to the Bills players, coaches & front office personal so here's another chance to put it down .

I had a huge problem with Moss from his draft day i thought it was a wrong pick for what he was suppose to bring to the team & was glad to see that they got something for him rather than just releasing him or letting him walk .

I feel the same about Mckenzie i think he has showed his ceiling as far as what he can give which doesn't justify the spot on the roster & think there are others out there that can contribute more if given the chance which one i thought could be Hodgins if given Mckenzie's reps .

Last i feel Oliver has although shown he is a average good player hasn't lived up to his draft status & hope they can trade him hopes of getting something for him because i feel what he will ask for his next contract if he stays with the Bills will be much more than what he's worth .

Okay your turn who do you think hasn't been worth the Bills investing time in past or present . This is just a post to pass the time .

Currently:

Mckenzie

I'm actually fine with McKenzie as a WR5 or WR6, but our WR6 seems to need to be able to play ST's, and if he's our WR5, that means we are rolling with Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Harty as the Top 4... and that's not ideal.   Not sure I see why he hasn't been cut yet, unless they want to make sure Harty can make it out of camp healthy. 

Oliver

Oliver is the elephant in the room.  Everyone sees it.  Decent player, can be extremely disruptive if he has talent around him and he's healthy.  Unfortunately, if any of that doesn't happen, he's a JAG.  That 10M cap hit has got to go... everyone sees it, except - apparently - our FO.    Nevermind the fact we have zero DT's under contract for '24, so nothing about how we're addressing the DT room at the moment really makes much sense.  

Basham

Just because we used a RD2 pick on him doesn't mean we need to keep him on this roster.  Nobody really liked the pick the night it happened, and they've been proven correct.  We likely keep him because he's cheap, and maybe, maybe, he makes a jump... but signs aren't promising.  Von may enter the season on the PUP list and unless Rousseau makes a huge jump, our pass rush being dependent upon Epenesa/Basham being his sidekicks for the beginning of the season isn't scaring anyone.  

Neal

3M cap hit for a guy who is a liability if Taron Johnson misses time.   Special Teams Ace + Matakevich = 5M for those two.  If Beane wasn't missing on Day 2 picks all over the place, sure, luxury spends... but that 5M is a first year cap hit for another IOL to compete with Bates.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

My answer is Tommy Sweeney every day of the week. What exactly has he ever contributed to the team outside of being friends with Josh Allen and Dawson Knox? I feel like the only time we ever see him lately is if he’s sitting at a Sabres game with the guys who actually play a role on the team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, T master said:

I know we all have our favorite players that the team & the entire NFL see as the best players on the team or in the league but who are some of the players that we think have not been productive enough to justify the Bills keeping them on the roster .

SDS hasnt signed up for enough capacity on this forum to handle such a list

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Jim said:

My answer is Tommy Sweeney every day of the week. What exactly has he ever contributed to the team outside of being friends with Josh Allen and Dawson Knox? I feel like the only time we ever see him lately is if he’s sitting at a Sabres game with the guys who actually play a role on the team.

Absolutely. I came back to edit my post to add Sweeney. At least he didn’t rob the Bills while doing nothing like Kroft did. I’d add him too. 

Players that didn’t/don’t deserve a roster spot:

no matter what the contract is:

Matakevich

Kumerow

Taiwan Jones

that are extremely overpaid for being average at best:

Epenessa

Singletary

Can Lewis

Siran Neal

McKenzie

guys that are a little better than average but are being payed way too much:

OLIVER

guys that are pretty good but are being extremely overpaid:

Dawkins

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I hated Preston Brown and Keith Ellison. Like so much. 

And the A-Train and Lionel Gates over Fred Jackson. 

That few years of LBs had so much potential. The Browns. Bradham. Kiko. Brandon Spikes. Manny Lawson. Keith Rivers. Arthur Moats. 

Oooof. 

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

Players that didn’t/don’t deserve a roster spot:

no matter what the contract is:

Matakevich

Kumerow

Taiwan Jones

that are extremely overpaid for being average at best:

Epenessa

Singletary

Can Lewis

Siran Neal

McKenzie

guys that are a little better than average but are being payed way too much:

OLIVER

guys that are pretty good but are being extremely overpaid:

Dawkins

McKenzie has made 5.9 million over 5 seasons with the Bills. In 2023, he would account for under 8% of the total WR annual salary for the team. For that money last year, he accounted for 20% of the TDs scored by WRs, 24% of targets and 19% of catches.

That's "extremely overpaid"?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Jim said:

True. What does he do well? I mean, if he was a Special Teams beast like Matakevich I'd get it. TE has been a position where we really need depth, and instead we've been sticking with Tommy Boy. Nothing personal against him. He's just not an NFL player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.