Anyone just sit back and appreciate it?

Buffalo_Stampede

13 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm right there with you.  i'm 45 and i'm not bitter about this at all.  it's a ***** game that we have zero control over it.  do i want to see a super bowl win like everyone else?  of course, but i'm certainly not going to come on here every day  for the sake of venting my anger that just boils away at me. if this team bothered me that much, i'd just move on.  it's a game...for fun and entertainment. that's it.

i think some people attach their self worth to their team/fandom.  

The thing that makes me the most mad about it is, people are legitimately getting paid millions of dollars to lose. No accountability. It’s ok to lose as long as you look good doing it. As an owner, how is that acceptable? Paying people to lose? I mean if you are ok with losing, just pay me to do it, I will take less money and I have an equal chance of losing just as much as these fools. Sometimes I think it would be more entertaining to pay some random Joe to catch a pass. I mean if we are going to lose, might as well make it a circus of laughter. 

• Eyeroll 2

Enjoy the ride.  I respect Beanes approach.  Get guys with potential that can become difference makers.  Poyer and Hyde were were similar signings to that of Mcgovern and Harty.  Many want names but those are the signings that never pay off.  Get a plug and play linebaker a cheap cheap early down back than onto the draft.  The biggest splash was resigning Po.  Im ok with that.  

The first division title was a weight off our shoulders; the second proved it wasn't a fluke. Now, division titles aren't good enough. Allen only has a few years left, and it seems like every year we fail in the playoffs is another missed opportunity, and you only get so many chances. The last few years were enjoyable, but now it's put up or shut up; no one will remember or care if this regime comes up empty. It will be one of the most significant missed opportunities in sports history. Yes, McDermott can coach for 20 more years; Allen doesn't have that time. I think appreciating being relevant is a loser's mentality, and we are no longer losers. The makeup of this team is not championship caliber, you win in the trenches in the playoffs, and we get our asses handed to us in that area of the game. After five years, it's hard to believe they evaluated those positions correctly.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

wouldnt mind singletary back, but goddammit dorsey establish a ***** run game where josh isnt consistently the leading rusher

14 hours ago, Lost said:

Singletary is underrated.  I'll be glad to have him back

Interestingly i have plaques of those team pics hanging in my den. I started following the bills in ‘63 as a kid (just hit 65 years old ).  One of the plaques is autographed by one of the wrs as a pharmaceutical rep saw all the bills stuff in my office and knew the player , so got it autographed for me.  I may be the only guy living with plaques of those old , but good afl teams still hanging up !  Lol!  Been a fan all these years and despite all the trauma emotionally , still hanging i waiting for that SB win. If i remember right , KC beat the BILLS to advance to the first SB EVER, and GREEN BAY of course won the first two SB’s.   Pretty sure that’s right , but going from memory as i am watching w va play Maryland in the first cbs ncaa tournament basketball game and i am too lazy to look it up.   lol.  I am from originally from Ohio , close to border about 45 min from Pittsburgh. Born tho in wheeling , wva, and i went to HS. Tournament games where i watched bob huggins ( WVA HEAD COACH, now active coach with most college wins still coaching since Jim Boeheim of Syracuse retired !  How time flies; Huggins was a great HS/college player coached by his dad.

Funny watching him coach on. Tv now.  It’s like being a BILLS fan all these years. Have never been to Buffalo or seen a game there but made it live to SB’S 27 and 28. So i know great BILLS teams , but also 4 SB Losses, wide right, music city miracle crap, hail Murray, and 13 seconds.   Watched greatest comeback ever on tv, then went to sb 27 cuz i knew destiny said we couldn’t lose 3 in a row!  

Then watched the Vikings game where i commented in shout box if Vikings came back it would take over as greatest comeback,,,sure enough it happened.  Bills sb era was the best times . Best teams until josh finally surpassed.Kelly as he is just so gifted athletically.  I thought we finally were there after perfect game against PAts, , and then 13 seconds changed everything. I’m not sure this team recovers from that , they were peaking, josh looked fabulous. That 13 sec may be like wide right if Beane cant tweak the roster

. Afc is loaded now just as we got our qb   I am a little concerned we missed our chance as now the fins , jets are not as good at qb ( tho Rodgers w jets is an issue) , but they are perhaps w more rounded rosters and our d has failed terribly at playoff time or against better teams.   Time is flying ,,,Beane needs to help josh and we need a run game.  Pretty big season , crossroads for us. But yep , i still celebrated the 63/64 bills great teams.  !   Lots of great memories, just as i am running ou of memory!    Hard getting old,,,,enjoy theses josh  years, they go by quickly!

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The thing that makes me the most mad about it is, people are legitimately getting paid millions of dollars to lose. No accountability. It’s ok to lose as long as you look good doing it. As an owner, how is that acceptable? Paying people to lose? I mean if you are ok with losing, just pay me to do it, I will take less money and I have an equal chance of losing just as much as these fools. Sometimes I think it would be more entertaining to pay some random Joe to catch a pass. I mean if we are going to lose, might as well make it a circus of laughter. 

31 teams in the NFL HAVE to lose each year.  Not sure where you're going with this unless you want the league to hand out 31 participation Lombardi trophies.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the Sabres are helping me have a more relaxed football season. It feels like they are really building something over there, and something be excited about. They aren't winning now, but I am enjoying the ride. 

The last few months since the SB have reframed how I want to experience the Bills season, and just have an absolute blast with the ride. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Lost said:

31 teams in the NFL HAVE to lose each year.  Not sure where you're going with this unless you want the league to hand out 31 participation Lombardi trophies.

The point is, if we aren’t willing to win the Lombardi, we might as well go full clown entertainment. Save money in the process. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

come on iron...these guys aren't being paid to lose.  they get paid to play football, and you want the result to be wins.  unfortunately it doesn't always work that way.  that being said...the bills are winning.  they're winning more than we've seen in years.  i know it obviously isn't the same as winning a super bowl, but if this team can stay competitive and get into the playoffs every years, the chance for that super bowl win presents itself, and that's what i hope for during the season.  

i don't know why people are treating this team like the teams during the drought.  this is a good team, and we're just going to have to see how this plays out.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, teef said:

come on iron...these guys aren't being paid to lose.  they get paid to play football, and you want the result to be wins.  unfortunately it doesn't always work that way.  that being said...the bills are winning.  they're winning more than we've seen in years.  i know it obviously isn't the same as winning a super bowl, but if this team can stay competitive and get into the playoffs every years, the chance for that super bowl win presents itself, and that's what i hope for during the season.  

i don't know why people are treating this team like the teams during the drought.  this is a good team, and we're just going to have to see how this plays out.  

It’s just not my nature to accept losing. I can’t do it, I never got excited about 2nd place ribbons or trophies and I don’t get excited losing in the playoffs. I’ve been a fan of this franchise for years and it’s always the same disappointment, just different flavors of disappointment. In some ways I think our current teams are more frustrating than the drought years, at least we knew we sucked so the pain wasn’t as intense. When you know you are a few pieces away, and our management refuses to give Allen more help, it adds to the anger. When you know you are a WR 1B away and a decent Oline from winning it all, this is what happens. 
Just trade Oliver and go get Allen/Diggs some help that he deserves and show us the baby!! 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

55 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm right there with you.  i'm 45 and i'm not bitter about this at all.  it's a ***** game that we have zero control over it.  do i want to see a super bowl win like everyone else?  of course, but i'm certainly not going to come on here every day  for the sake of venting my anger that just boils away at me. if this team bothered me that much, i'd just move on.  it's a game...for fun and entertainment. that's it.

i think some people attach their self worth to their team/fandom.  

It's a message board. It would be an awful echo chamber if all that was posted is DA BILLS ARE THE BESTEST IN THE WORLD. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’ve won the AFC East 3 years in a row! Not the ultimate goal but it’s a great accomplishment.

Take a minute and appreciate it. 

What? I will take a minute to appreciate the UB Bulls football teams of 2019 Bahamas Bowl Champions, 2020 Camellia Bowl Champions, 2022 Camellia Bowl Champions. Ok the UB Bulls football team walked off the field of there final game as champions not the bums in the Buffalo Bills uniforms they failed. The Buffalo Bills haven’t accomplished anything since 1965. Look I hear a lot of young Buffalo Bills fans that think this present Buffalo Bills team is the greatest. I get it they don’t know anything else. I am a Josh Allen fan but until he even gets to one Super Bowl he is no Jim Kelly and he lost 4 Super Bowls at the end of the day in the 1990’s. Josh Allen the QB hasn’t won anything. Josh Allen is presently number four on the Buffalo Bills QB’s behind 1960’s Jack Kemp, Daryle Lamonica they both won AFL championships then 1990’s Jim Kelly Four Super Bowl losses and then today 2023 Josh Allen in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s just not my nature to accept losing. I can’t do it, I never got excited about 2nd place ribbons or trophies and I don’t get excited losing in the playoffs. I’ve been a fan of this franchise for years and it’s always the same disappointment, just different flavors of disappointment. In some ways I think our current teams are more frustrating than the drought years, at least we knew we sucked so the pain wasn’t as intense. When you know you are a few pieces away, and our management refuses to give Allen more help, it adds to the anger. When you know you are a WR 1B away and a decent Oline from winning it all, this is what happens. 
Just trade Oliver and go get Allen/Diggs some help that he deserves and show us the baby!! 

again...come on with this stuff.  people here B word, and their excuse is they just don't accept mediocrity!  you have no control over the bills. the only control we have is whether or not we support the product.  so, according to you, you'll continue to watch the bills and accept mediocrity.  the only way to accept it is apparently not to watch...right?  otherwise you're just a guy on a message board letting people know he doesn't accept second place.

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It's a message board. It would be an awful echo chamber if all that was posted is DA BILLS ARE THE BESTEST IN THE WORLD. 

ummm...who wants this?  the difference in opinions are great.  that's not what i'm talking about and i think you know that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

again...come on with this stuff.  people here B word, and their excuse is they just don't accept mediocrity!  you have no control over the bills. the only control we have is whether or not we support the product.  so, according to you, you'll continue to watch the bills and accept mediocrity.  the only way to accept it is apparently not to watch...right?  otherwise you're just a guy on a message board letting people know he doesn't accept second place.

ummm...who wants this?  the difference in opinions are great.  that's not what i'm talking about and i think you know that.  

I know what you're talking about. There is no point getting worked up over the things out of your control. Like the crappy stadium that's coming or the lack of additions the Bills are doing. Just accept it and enjoy it. 

7 minutes ago, teef said:

My ultimatum is Josh Allen. I’m giving this franchise Josh Allen to prove to me they can win a super bowl. If they waste Josh’s prime and we don’t end of winning a super bowl during his career I’m likely done as a fan. That will be the point I stop accepting it. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

I know what you're talking about. There is no point getting worked up over the things out of your control. Like the crappy stadium that's coming or the lack of additions the Bills are doing. Just accept it and enjoy it. 

not having a roof over the stadium sucks, but it doesn't destroy my enjoyment of the game.  i go the the game, drink a few beers, enjoy watching a sport live, and go home.  i enjoy all of it because that's what it's meant for.  i don't care if someone doesn't have a place to take their kid at the stadium...i'm there for the game.  if it bothers you guess what?  you have an option not to go.  just watch on tv.  i don't know what special kind of experience you need, but i'm there to watch football.

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

My ultimatum is Josh Allen. I’m giving this franchise Josh Allen to prove to me they can win a super bowl. If they waste Josh’s prime and we don’t end of winning a super bowl I’m likely done as a fan. That will be the point I stop accepting it. 

no you won't be.  you'll be back on here hoping for a super bowl the next year.  you'll tell everyone how you don't accept losing, and a few minutes later you'll be ordering your new bills hoodie online.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

not having a roof over the stadium sucks, but it doesn't destroy my enjoyment of the game.  i go the the game, drink a few beers, enjoy watching a sport live, and go home.  i enjoy all of it because that's what it's meant for.  i don't care if someone doesn't have a place to take their kid at the stadium...i'm there for the game.  if it bothers you guess what?  you have an option not to go.  just watch on tv.  i don't know what special kind of experience you need, but i'm there to watch football.

no you won't be.  you'll be back on here hoping for a super bowl the next year.  you'll tell everyone how you don't accept losing, and a few minutes later you'll be ordering your new bills hoodie online.

Nope, this time is absolutely different and I hope this message resonates up to management. If they think they can still push out tickets after wasting an elite QB, they have another thing coming. Whether anyone else stops being a fan that’s up to them, but I’m absolutely done if we don’t win a super bowl during Josh Allen’s career. I likely won’t be able to be a fan of anyone else, and I will probably dedicate my time and money to some other hobby. 

59 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I'd love to win a Superbowl and find out.  Especially because the last thing I would care about is people being negative after a Superbowl win lol.

Don't think 1 is too much to ask for.

I think it’s a pretty fair bet that Mahomes has 3 rings before Allen even gets to appear in 1 Super Bowl.

And that’s not due to any fault of Allen’s.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.