Any Nintendo fans?

Another Fan

Or maybe a better question is are any of your kids?  But I know some grown ups still enjoy it.

As a kid of the 90s I never had an interest in it or a Nintendo system.  Which was always kind of odd then for people I knew.  Even in middle school I still recall kids with Nintendo 64 shirts who were fanatical about it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Or maybe a better question is are any of your kids?  But I know some grown ups still enjoy it.

As a kid of the 90s I never had an interest in it or a Nintendo system.  Which was always kind of odd then for people I knew.  Even in middle school I still recall kids with Nintendo 64 shirts who were fanatical about it 

I remember getting for Christmas in 1988 an original Sega (not Sega Genesis, but Sega). It was life changing! But it also set me more on the Sega path than Nintendo.  Then, when PlayStation came out, it was more PlayStation in college. So never got into Nintendo, except playing it here and there (hated that 64 controller too).

I did get a Nintendo switch for my kids a year ago, and it is nice— though even they tend to play more stuff on apps than on that. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

In elementary-middle school, my son was pretty big into the Nintendo DS series.  Over the years, we upgraded as the new versions came out.  I think the XL was the last one he got.

He still has all of them, but hasn't touched them in years.  His video game phase was pretty short-lived, which didn't break my heart.

grandson ( he's 8 ) is. he has a switch. I have played mario with him. we actually play roblox more and he just got me hooked up with fortnite. I am a battlefield gamer. started way back with 1942 then moved to bf2 which that was the most played then bf3, skipped 4 and now play bf5 pretty much every evening for a few rounds.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I grew up in the same generation and like most of us from that time I was really into the Nintendo's and Sega's etc...would consider myself a pretty big video gamer as a kid but by high school I had completely lost interest in video games for the most part.  I see a lot of 90s Nostalgia pages on social media etc. and I enjoy seeing the stuff and reading about the old games I enjoyed playing as a kid but I have no desire to go back and play any of the games now as an adult.  Not saying there is anything wrong with that either, I know a lot of people still like playing the old games and even play the newer ones.  I actually think it's cool as I'm all for staying young at heart but the video games just don't keep my attention long enough nowadays.  Sometimes I actually wish I still had an interest in gaming as a hobby.  

SEGA!

I still love playing "Kid Chameleon"... On my kid's old console...

I skip right to the Boss Level...

Used to be on the arcade console at a rest stop on the Ohio Turnpike... What demented soul places this game there. Nothing says: "Let's take a short break from the road and play "Kid Chameleon" for a few hours. 😆 

• Like (+1) 1

I made an old school gaming emulator using a raspberry pi.  From time to time I'll fire up classic Mario 3 or Double Dragon II from NES, or Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World on SNES.  The Zelda series was fun.  Particularly Legend of Zelda and Ocarina of Time

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I made an old school gaming emulator using a raspberry pi.  From time to time I'll fire up classic Mario 3 or Double Dragon II from NES, or Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World on SNES.  The Zelda series was fun.  Particularly Legend of Zelda and Ocarina of Time

I am actually in the middle of playing Ocarina of Time again right now! I have a N64 with and hdmi adapter hooked up to my TV in the office. Graphics arent as good as I remembered them but the game is still amazing.

Also have my SNES hooked up, I play Super Tecmo Bowl, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. Have the very first Mario Kart too.

As for the OP, nintendo is great for kid games, my kids both have switch lites and a regular switch. If you ever get the chance to play Zelda Breath of the Wild do so, I think it is even better than Ocarina of Time and that is saying a lot.

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I am actually in the middle of playing Ocarina of Time again right now! I have a N64 with and hdmi adapter hooked up to my TV in the office. Graphics arent as good as I remembered them but the game is still amazing.

Also have my SNES hooked up, I play Super Tecmo Bowl, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. Have the very first Mario Kart too.

As for the OP, nintendo is great for kid games, my kids both have switch lites and a regular switch. If you ever get the chance to play Zelda Breath of the Wild do so, I think it is even better than Ocarina of Time and that is saying a lot.

I have considered buying a switch just for Breath of the Wild.  It looks phenomenal.  

8 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

I told my DON that I was taking a week off in May that may or may not be Zelda related.  Turns out my administrator likes to play as well...

You're in the mafia??

• Haha (+1) 3

When we were poor newlyweds our big treat was a trip to Ruby Tuesdays on Friday nights. A couple drafts, a strawberry daiquiri and we’d shared the sampler platter. Add a roll of quarters, and you have a Galaga marathon! Now, decades later, we are looking to get a Galaga game to go in the basement. We were never into video games, but we got hooked on Galaga and we’ll stop and play anytime we pass a machine. We had a little box that would hook up to the TV and play at home, but there is something about having the arcade machine and putting your body english into it. 

I had a brief encounter with Pong when it first came out (1972, I just looked it up). I wonder how many here have never played that riveting game, or might not even recognize the name.  

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're in the mafia??

Aren’t we all???

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.