La'el Collins worth a look?

BeastMode54

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

I am thinking that OT is #1 or #2 priority with LB. If no additional starters at those positions come from FA. I’ve been a huge SB fan but he actually fell off a bit in year 2. How much does AK take on with this OL? We need more production and development from that position group. I’ll take Jones or Harrison at # 1 if they are on the board. I’m past, let’s bring in competition for Spencer. 

I agree..they also need another WR although probably this will come in the draft at this stage.. 

In respect of LB..I  would prefer them to find a Vet in FA to get them through this year rather than feeling that they have to draft someone early... also gives them another season to see what they have in Bernard...although it seems unlikely at this stage that he is the answer...

Looks like they might be leaving upgrading the OT situation until the draft... they will need to be lucky that someone they like is there when they want to pick him...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Collins torn his ACL and MCL late in the season. It’s entirely possible he’s not ready by training camp. 

so he will be on the cheap ?

sign him

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That may be true
But they also believe in having back ups

Competition is a good thing

This , all day.
 But as long as he is willing to do a prove it year, not sure how that injury recovery will go. So even as back up tackle ?
Not paying him as a starter no way no how, though :)

58 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I agree..they also need another WR although probably this will come in the draft at this stage.. 

In respect of LB..I  would prefer them to find a Vet in FA to get them through this year rather than feeling that they have to draft someone early... also gives them another season to see what they have in Bernard...although it seems unlikely at this stage that he is the answer...

Looks like they might be leaving upgrading the OT situation until the draft... they will need to be lucky that someone they like is there when they want to pick him...

Edited by 3rdand12

On 3/16/2023 at 8:14 PM, 3rdand12 said:

so he will be on the cheap ?

sign him

This , all day.
 But as long as he is willing to do a prove it year, not sure how that injury recovery will go. So even as back up tackle ?
Not paying him as a starter no way no how, though :)

If you sign the guy it’s for the future. You get him cheap for 2-3 years and let him rehab this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/16/2023 at 11:46 AM, BillMafia716ix said:

Unless he playing guard I don’t think so. You figure Dawkins, Morse, and Brown are locked in their spots. They just gave the guard from Dallas 7 million. So he’s going to be a starter. Only one spot open. Is he beating out Bates? I doubt it 

And we will be drafting lineman high in the draft

Some people forget Briwn and had neck and back problems all off season before 22.  He’ll be fine and didn’t help he had no off season.  He’s now healthy and will develop like the animal he was his rookie year.

We need another G, not Tackle.  For me it’s WR in the 1st, TE in the 2nd (a deep TE draft), and a G in the 3rd.

we can get a stud 2nd RD TE.  That would give us 11, 12, and 21 personnel.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:07 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Beane is a very candid GM. He has no problem expressing frustration with players, none

I am not disputing this, but other than Beane bitching about Josh taking too many risks, can you link to any actual examples.  None jump to my old mind. 

On 3/16/2023 at 9:02 AM, somnus00 said:

If I could build an OT in a lab, he would look like Spencer Brown. The dude is absolutely elite in measurables and he's one of the top 20 athletes in the entire NFL (not hyperbole). He's is just raw.

I'd bet Beane is nervous about Brown being another Wyatt Teller, as I am. But we do need to push his development by bringing in another starting caliber OT.

17 minutes ago, ganesh said:

And we will be drafting lineman high in the draft

Agree with both of you.  One of the options I have been considering is drafting a player that could fill both needs.

It's an NFL thing to draft college RTs who can transition into RG's.

It seems to me to find a player that can push Spencer this year (with a chance of being a gem at RT) and then transitioning into a guard next

season, if and when Morse leaving causing a disruption in the IOL

Add to that both Bates and McGovern naturally play LG if one moves to C the RG is covered.

I'm worthless at evaluating college players but does anyone have a player like that on their radar?

If so who and what rounds?

• Like (+1) 1

They can look at any one butt here are other things to consider the biggest being money with Brown set as the RT & him having a full OTA & preseason he could make a good jump then with Doyle coming back which we don't know a lot about him either so they may have it covered  .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.