Orlando Brown signs with Bengals

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I don't like it either, but if there's a silver lining, it's that it just got that much harder to keep Tee Higgins.

Cincy will have a similar situation to ours - but they have another year or 2 before that happens.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m just gonna say that we’re not done yet

The ol was not horrible. It just wasn’t good enough. We’re not replacing every player on this line.

Dion Dawkins is not being replaced

Mitch Morse is not being replaces

Ryan Bates is not being replacd

Spencer Brown is probably not being replaced, although we should draft competition

I don’t think we’re done, but some of this might come through the draft

I think right out the gate immediately Connor McGovern is better than Rodger Saffold

The OL was pretty bad last season.. 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think Dawkins - Bates - Morse - McGovern - Brown can be a decent OL, but it’s extremely frustrating that Mahomes got wrecked one time in the SB and they say never again.  Burrow gets beat up for a year .. never again.  

Allen, bottom tier OL all season, beat up, affecting his pocket presence.. literally damaged his throwing elbow… 

So far.. Connor McGovern … and then I have to hear Sal talk about Bills being high on a TE like Kincaid in RD1 …. FOH with that… OL or WR.  This shouldn’t be so difficult.   

Sal C has been drinking too much cool aid.  The other day he was talking up how Barkley could be qb2 and going nonstop for a few minutes.  Then going on about Dodson could be Edmunds replacement.  Turned it off both times.  Just absurd takes.  I'm really wanting an OL guy in the draft.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The ol was not horrible. It just wasn’t good enough. We’re not replacing every player on this line.

Spencer Brown is probably not being replaced, although we should draft competition

I think right out the gate immediately Connor McGovern is better than Rodger Saffold

It was horrible.  They were bottom third for any outlets that measures performance. 

Saffold was legit a one man wrecking crew, so McGovern at RG, with Bates moving back to LG, makes two positions better.  Dawkins need to rebound and play like he still wants to be a LT.  Morse is very good.   Brown.. no idea..

Ideally (if we don’t make any FA moves) we draft a RT at 27 and Brown develops as the swing tackle if he doesn’t step up.  Then draft a G/C to compete with Bates.  

Just now, 97bills said:

The OL was pretty bad last season.. 

The office of line was not terrible last season

You don’t go 13 and three, whenever you have a sub standard offensive line I don’t care how good your quarterback is

They’re just not as good as we want them to be Saffold was a turnstile playing next to S saffold was probably a pain in the ass for the left tackle

From left tackle to center We are definitely better than we were last year just by moving Bates over.

• Eyeroll 1

Lots of Chiefs fans seem very happy to have this kid gone. 

Most things i’m reading go along the lines of “this kid had Mahomes running for his life, only good game was the SB” 

on the flip side I see lots of Bengal fans saying “still better than anything we’ve had for a while” 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree McGovern will be better than Saffold, but again this move pales in comparison to how KC and CIN attempted to address their OL.  I would have liked a better player at guard like Seumalo or Powers.  

Brown is just not very good.  I think the Bills are putting too much hope in him.  You mentioned “drafting competition,” like who?  Tommy Doyle? 

We’ll see what the final OL room looks like, but without investing significant resources on the OL, you end up with a unit like last season

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Cincy will have a similar situation to ours - but they have another year or 2 before that happens.

They are in really rough shape in the next two years Burrow will get 55-60 mill a year…Higgens will get around 25 mill a year…and Chase is probably going to be the first 30 mill a year receiver…your talking over a hundred million of your cap for 3 players 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The line has been bad since AFC championship game 2020… Beane continues to patch it together with questionable additions while Chiefs/Bengals go no doubter signings…. The problem(and one that continues) is McBeane love their own defensive guys way too much and do what a lot to keep them together…. The same guys who get their ***** blown off every year in the playoffs.

Translation, do you think the name on the back of the jersey is more important than their actual production on the field?

Point in case Kansas City, just let go of their left tackle and allowed him to sign somewhere else

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

I agree McGovern will be better than Saffold, but again this move pales in comparison to how KC and CIN attempted to address their OL.  I would have liked a better player at guard like Seumalo or Powers.  

Brown is just not very good.  I think the Bills are putting too much hope in him.  You mentioned “drafting competition,” like who?  Tommy Doyle? 

We’ll see what the final OL room looks like, but without investing significant resources on the OL, you end up with a unit like last season

Brown is what is recovering from a back injury

We should draft competition for him. No one is saying we should go into the season with Tommy Doyle.

6 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Lots of Chiefs fans seem very happy to have this kid gone. 

Most things i’m reading go along the lines of “this kid had Mahomes running for his life, only good game was the SB” 

on the flip side I see lots of Bengal fans saying “still better than anything we’ve had for a while” 

So they're like our fans once a player leaves and hates on the guy.

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.