Orlando Brown signs with Bengals

HappyDays

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The best tackle available in free agency was the guy they let go to the Bengals. I still don't understand it. Jawaan Taylor was seen as a RT only in his draft class and that's what he played in Jacksonville. They paid him more than Orlando Brown got to play the opposite side. Far be it from me to question Andy Reid's eye for offensive talent... but it feels like a bad move.

Ok but you get my point.  Kansas City has consistently put a lot of resources in protecting their franchise QB in comparison to Buffalo.

Do you disagree?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Unless we select 2 Cody Fords then it wont be.

The sad thing is, that’s debatable 🤣 

I do like Morse but am sooo glad Saffold is gone. Bates should be first man off the bench in my opinion. I’m hoping we have a wood levitre type draft though. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So you’re upset we’re not keeping up with the Joneses

No I just don’t think the Bills are doing enough to protect their QB.  Look what they’ve invested on the OL the past two seasons compared to CIN and KC.  Do you disagree?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Ok but you get my point.  Kansas City has consistently put a lot of resources in protecting their franchise QB in comparison to Buffalo.

Do you disagree?

Not at all. I would have been happy with Isaac Seumalo. As it stands we'll probably just have to go OL heavy in the draft.

Man so many people loved Jonah Williams here. Never draft a non left tackle, non elite linemen high. Jonah is probably fine as a guard. He was never going to be a good left tackle. I still think his best position is center. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Dawkins - Bates - Morse - McGovern - Brown can be a decent OL, but it’s extremely frustrating that Mahomes got wrecked one time in the SB and they say never again.  Burrow gets beat up for a year .. never again.  

Allen, bottom tier OL all season, beat up, affecting his pocket presence.. literally damaged his throwing elbow… 

So far.. Connor McGovern … and then I have to hear Sal talk about Bills being high on a TE like Kincaid in RD1 …. FOH with that… OL or WR.  This shouldn’t be so difficult.   

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I think Dawkins - Bates - Morse - McGovern - Brown can be a decent OL, but it’s extremely frustrating that Mahomes got wrecked one time in the SB and they say never again.  Burrow gets beat up for a year .. never again.  

Allen, bottom tier OL all season, beat up, affecting his pocket presence.. literally damaged his throwing elbow… 

So far.. Connor McGovern … and then I have to hear Sal talk about Bills being high on a TE like Kincaid in RD1 …. FOH with that… OL or WR.  This shouldn’t be so difficult.   

sign Risner or Seumalo and draft an OT

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Perhaps it’s just me
I didn’t think Orlando Brown looked great last year

Kc certainly didn’t want him back

Yeah it seems most Chiefs fans aren't too upset about him leaving. Not sure this is something for Bills fans to freak out about

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I don't like it either, but if there's a silver lining, it's that it just got that much harder to keep Tee Higgins.

Contract is frontloaded, I think .. smart move.  Getting it out of the way before Burrow and the WR’s hit. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

When you're Right, You're Right.  when you got two guys like ScottLaw and yours truly agreeing with ya, You're Right.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

No I just don’t think the Bills are doing enough to protect their QB.  Look what they’ve invested on the OL the past two seasons compared to CIN and KC.  Do you disagree?

I’m just gonna say that we’re not done yet

The ol was not horrible. It just wasn’t good enough. We’re not replacing every player on this line.

Dion Dawkins is not being replaced

Mitch Morse is not being replaces

Ryan Bates is not being replacd

Spencer Brown is probably not being replaced, although we should draft competition

I don’t think we’re done, but some of this might come through the draft

I think right out the gate immediately Connor McGovern is better than Rodger Saffold

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No John he’s pointing out that the Bills line is a below average unit (according to Greg Cosell) and that the Bills biggest rivals continue to invest big money. 

We think alike.  My problem is that unlike CIN and KC who proactively put a lot of resources in their crappy OL’s, the Bills seem content to hope that last years line will get better.

Replacing Saffold for McGovern should help but is that really enough?  And does anyone actually think Spencer Brown is suddenly going to be a great RT after two largely below average seasons?  

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Actually, they’ve been trying to put a line in front of Bro for some years now he gets beat up every year

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.