What is the most impactful new player signing so far this free agent season?

Chaos

What is the most impactful new player signing so far this free agent season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most impactful new player signing so far this free agent season?

• Kyle Allen
    • Connor McGovern
    • Deonte Hardy

6 hours ago, Airseven said:

Nothing they've done so far moves the needle.

Finding someone who's able to replace Saffold and upgrade the pass protection will move Josh's needle. Now let's work on finding Spencer's replacement. The Harty signing is a little of an overpay but hopefully Ken won't shi# the bed finding a intelligent way to use him.

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

What is the most impactful new player signing so far this free agent season?  Feel free to comment on which signing is the most wizardy as well 😁

This might be the dumbest attempt at a LAMP troll thread I’ve seen in a long time.  

Why waste everyone’s time?  

This is the kind of thread that reduces the need to read anything else you’re gonna post in any other thread.  It’s that bad.  Good luck with that.

• Disagree 1

The most impactful signing wont even be on our team, but will be in the AFCE.  It will be when the Jets sign Rodgers.  This entire division has gotten real,  in just two years.   There will be no layup games in this division anymore.

Edited by Toyo321

Connor McGovern will have the most impact if, as I fear, he starts. Unfortunately, his impact won't be positive. He's also overpaid and taking up a roster spot. I'm still hoping we sign a quality OL and Harty can do a good job on punt returns so I voted for him.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah, would have to go with McGovern.  He will likely be our starting right guard.  Supposed to be an excellent pass blocker, so-so run blocker.  But, barring anything unexpected, you can already pencil him in as a starter.  Not a knock on our coaches (ok, maybe a little) but Harty could be a great weapon, or like other guys they have brought in, he could have almost no opportunities, or much impact.  Not even necessarily a reflection on the player, but our coaching staff and their reluctance sometimes, to try to get more out of the tools they have at their disposal.

Initially this was intended to be a bit tongue in cheek.  I had assumed that this first phase of free agency may have seen more activity.  But I guess as the first phase of free agency concludes, Conner McGovern is our big move, with a couple of million of cap space left for a small move and enought cap to sign the draft picks.  

Really hopeful that Elam, Cook, and Benard can have first second and third round rookie impact in their second seasons.  If that happens (and white returns to preinjury levels, and Miller comes back to pre injury levels) we should be considered championship contenders.  

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

From what I read, McGovern is a solid G.  I think Harty is most likely going to have spot duty.

With a 52.2 grade from pff last season,  not sure McGovern gives me anything to smile about. Upgrade from Saffold sure, but Ike is an upgrade over Saffold as well ( barring he stays healthy).

Not really excited over any FA'S we've gotten so far. Almost Happy we re-signed a couple of our own though.

McGovern was rated 64th out of 77 Guards last season, great pickup. If there's one thing Beane is a wizard at its finding offensive line talent. 

Let's all get behind the new starting guard and pretend he is going to be good all offseason. When it turns out he sucks we can attribute it to the need for continuity and time required to gel.

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

McGovern was rated 64th out of 77 Guards last season, great pickup. If there's one thing Beane is a wizard at its finding offensive line talent. 

Let's all get behind the new starting guard and pretend he is going to be good all offseason. When it turns out he sucks we can attribute it to the need for continuity and time required to gel.

He was also the 13th rated pass blocking interior lineman per pff last season.

And the Bills are still a passing team, no matter how much fans think running still leads to success in the NFL.

14 minutes ago, without a drought said:

He was also the 13th rated pass blocking interior lineman per pff last season.

And the Bills are still a passing team, no matter how much fans think running still leads to success in the NFL.

Interesting. 13th in pass blocking and 64th overall? He must be the worst run blocker in the entire NFL if that is true.

What was Seumalo's pass block rank?

From PFF last season

BETTER PASS PRO THAN RUN BLOCKERS

ANDREW NORWELL, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

ISAAC SEUMALO, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

KEVIN DOTSON, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

JUSTIN PUGH, ARIZONA CARDINALS

DALTON RISNER, DENVER BRONCOS

Evidently Seumalo is also a better pass blocker than run blocker,  and he's 10th overall compared to 64th for McGov, which means he is also a very good run blocker. 

Spin it any way you want, the Bills overpaid and missed out on a much more talented lineman. 

Last year a bunch of folks got excited about Rodger Saffold. I wasn't one of them. I said he sucked, and he did. 

The ***** line needs talent. Once again it looks like plug in some crap and hope for the best. Unbelievable to me that Allen is on his second contract and they still haven't given him a decent line. That should have been the first priority imo.

Damien Harris so far.

I can always hope it is Bobby Wagner and Isaac Seamulo.

Bates and Boettger are serviceable backups to me.

Besides Milano, every Bills linebacker is at best a backup and/or limited to a few special teams packages 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.