Bills sign QB Kyle Allen.

MAJBobby

12 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If Josh goes down for any significant period of time season is lost anyway. For team up against the cap having a warm body who fits in the QB room is sufficient. Have to make sacrifices somewhere and backup QB is one I would make with Josh being relatively durable.

Well he won’t be with how dumb Beane is. You have a star QB but refuse to get him high quality linemen and another WR to pair with Diggs. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Well he won’t be with how dumb Beane is. You have a star QB but refuse to get him high quality linemen and another WR to pair with Diggs. 

Offseason is not over and we still have the draft to fill holes. Critical year where FO needs to hit on some of these signings.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If Josh goes down for any significant period of time season is lost anyway. For team up against the cap having a warm body who fits in the QB room is sufficient. Have to make sacrifices somewhere and backup QB is one I would make with Josh being relatively durable.

l

Oh, you’re hoping for out of a back up QB is maybe three wins

And a guy that can line up behind Center in a blowout

And that would’ve been true no matter what backup QB we would’ve signed

Edited by John from Riverside

5 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I’d rather an old dude like Fitz. help Josh see things he can’t see. Fitz made a career out of nothing of an arm. Tells you he had to be thinking…. Seen everything. 

Of course Fitz has been thinking.  I mean, he did go to Yale, in case you hadnt heard.

15 hours ago, wppete said:

Great move by Beane. Josh gets one of his best friends to hang with and Kyle Allen is a decent backup. Really like this love. Hopefully we draft in the 7th round TCU QB as the 3rd stringer. 

I would love Max Duggan as a long term backup solution, and would be ok with Beane using our 5th round pick, or later on him.  He is athletic, but also thinks like a coach.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Terrible signing. If Josh goes down were  finished. I would have taken Brissett or brought Kennum back

Brissett signed with Washington for $8M.

Keenum signed 2 years (at his age) with Houston for $6.25M.

Did you really want the Bills to sign those guys for that money?

Kyle Allen's contract isn't in but I'm guessing that he cost $2M or a bit more.

In Kyle Allen's first 2 years in Carolina, he went 6-7.  With the Bills I think he could be .500 if needed.

That's all I can ask for in a cheaper backup QB.

Edited by ColoradoBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.