Bills sign QB Kyle Allen.

MAJBobby

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Dang!   Who called this in the backup QB thread?  They should take a bow.

I wanted someone like Jacoby Brissett, but when I saw the contract he got I backed out of the room and shut the door very quietly

I was one.  I wanted a 2-year contract, but that's ok.

2 hours ago, WMDman said:

great now lets sign the other Connor McGovern! 

too late it seems.

oh dear we're doomed

2 hours ago, WMDman said:

great now lets sign the other Connor McGovern! 

too late it seems.

oh dear we're doomed

But really if Allen goes down we are in a heap o trouble anyways

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was one.  I wanted a 2-year contract, but that's ok.

I think he could totally stick around. We could always extend him. Let’s see what he looks like because case didn’t look that great call it an audition year.

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

That'll do.

That sounds you heard was me getting hit with a flying pig you actually said something positive

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allen is veteran it off that I don’t think he needs this anymore

Exactly, I rather have Josh helping Kyle.  It will keep Josh's attention to detail as he does.

They both can keep discussing what Jordan has been teaching and preaching.

Meh. This is bargain basement shopping 

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He won games for his last team is Young. This is actually a guy that could stick around for a little while.

No he didn’t. He was 0-2 last year. He gets worse the more he plays. He is the interchangeable backup nfl qb who has no real special qualities except “being good in the lockerroom.”  I hope that draft/ sign  a development guy

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No he didn’t. He was 0-2 last year. He gets worse the more he plays. He is the interchangeable backup nfl qb who has no real special qualities except “being good in the lockerroom.”  I hope that draft/ sign  a development guy

By last team I mean Carolina not Texas

I should’ve said that

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm sorry to laugh but on the Houston Texans.  They couldn't even tank right.

Like getting  a younger backup who maybe can stick around a few years or more.

Looking back at a Kyle Allen scouting report, the "Allen" similarities don't end with the letters on the jersey:

STRENGTHS: There’s a reason why he was a top recruit coming out of high school: his arm. Allen possesses a strong arm and is capable of making any throw. 

WEAKNESSES: Everything Allen needs to work on is between his ears.....it’s all mental.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/4/13/17219366/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-kyle-allen-qb-houston-cougars-texas-a-m-aggies

Edited by Nephilim17

34 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Remember how certain you were a certain QB with a sub 60% completion percentage in a weak collegiate conference would never make it!   I remember.  

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Terrible signing. If Josh goes down were  finished. I would have taken Brissett or brought Kennum back

Keenum signed with the Texans for 2 years, $6.25M, $4M guaranteed.  Cap hit this season $2.8M.  Unclear if we offered him that, and he preferred to go south.

Brissett signed with the Commanders for 1 year, $8M.  Too rich for a backup QB with the Bills current cap situation.

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re a weirdo

I was kinda thinking he might be an elephant

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.