Beane again showing why he is a top GM

Success

18 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

You’re forgetting he was. being used in a defense with Milano and 5 in the secondary every down. He played all game without substitution and called the signals from the age of 21 to 24. He averaged well over 100 tackles and the defense was in the top 3 in every defensive metric. He was much better last season instinctively and if you can’t acknowledge that you’re in the vast minority. The guy’s just getting started and he’s a physical freak with speed and length. He would have  been paid by any GM who watched his tape.

Are you his agent?  

Yes he had a good season last year.  But I don't see him getting better from there.  (I think he has hit his ceiling)  And he looked awful against Cincinnati in the playoffs.

If he would have been paid by "any GM", why did he choose to play for one of the two or three worst franchises in the NFL right now?  That's a pretty stupid decision then.  

Sure he is a physical freak.  But O lineman are licking their chops looking at a 6'5 LB to knock around like a bowling pin.  He is too long to be playing LB well in my opinion.  Has no leverage at that length and not being overly stout.  

He was a solid player for us at times.  But certainly not someone I am sad about leaving.  But you can keep rooting for him on the frozen tundra of Soldier Field.  It will be interesting to see how he does there.  And how his replacement in Buffalo does as well.  To be continued.....

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Are you his agent?  

Yes he had a good season last year.  But I don't see him getting better from there.  (I think he has hit his ceiling)  And he looked awful against Cincinnati in the playoffs.

If he would have been paid by "any GM", why did he choose to play for one of the two or three worst franchises in the NFL right now?  That's a pretty stupid decision then.  

Sure he is a physical freak.  But O lineman are licking their chops looking at a 6'5 LB to knock around like a bowling pin.  He is too long to be playing LB well in my opinion.  Has no leverage at that length and not being overly stout.  

He was a solid player for us at times.  But certainly not someone I am sad about leaving.  But you can keep rooting for him on the frozen tundra of Soldier Field.  It will be interesting to see how he does there.  And how his replacement in Buffalo does as well.  To be continued.....

So in your estimation,as one of the foremost evaluators of talent, at 24 he’s reached his ceiling as player no matter what system or coaching he.gets. That seems like sour grapes from a jilted fanboy.Josh and the rest of the team looked awful against the Bengals in a snowstorm. We can’t predict what he will look like in a different defense but his body, speed and length is an asset for anyone in pass coverage or chasing down backs sideline to sideline. Your problem, for the purposes of this conversation is that you refuse to acknowledge Edmunds evolution in the last year as a more instinctual, physical player who plays every down, through injury and produces. Can we survive losing him, of course, but you’re judging him by his first couple years. Remember, the Bills coach and GM loved him but couldn’t afford the price. He was classy as hell when he raved about the organization, fans and city as he left. He got generational , life changing money as the top inside LB in the game. 

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

So in your estimation,as one of the foremost evaluators of talent, at 24 he’s reached his ceiling as player no matter what system or coaching he.gets. That seems like sour grapes from a jilted fanboy.Josh and the rest of the team looked awful against the Bengals in a snowstorm. We can’t predict what he will look like in a different defense but his body, speed and length is an asset for anyone in pass coverage or chasing down backs sideline to sideline. Your problem, for the purposes of this conversation is that you refuse to acknowledge Edmunds evolution in the last year as a more instinctual, physical player who plays every down, through injury and produces. Can we survive losing him, of course, but you’re judging him by his first couple years. Remember, the Bills coach and GM loved him but couldn’t afford the price. He was classy as hell when he raved about the organization, fans and city as he left. He got generational , life changing money as the top inside LB in the game. 

Edmunds had a good season until the playoffs.  He was much better this year.  But I certainly am not buying that he is the top inside LB in the game.  Fred Warner Nick Bolton Logan Wilson.  I wish Edmunds the best of luck.  And good for him getting that kind of contract.  I am very happy we have Poyer back.  He is a champion.  Big time player.  We are better off w Poyer then Edmunds if I had to choose one.   

I found Beane's press conference today extremely demotivating. He's out there saying they have 2-3 spendable millions available unless he does more restructures and he doesn't want to do more restructures. This isn't a team that lost in the SB, we got absolutely dog-walked in the playoffs by a team that improved in the offseason. We lost our starting MLB, signed a 5'6 wr and a meh OG. Oh and by signing those two we lost a 3rd rd compensatory pick. I'm a big Beane supporter, but this has been the crappiest beginning to an offseason I can remember. D'onte Foreman could have gotten in for 3M, there have been plenty of bargain basement prices out there and we haven't brought any of them home. I see neither competition nor depth on this team anymore. Gross. 

On 3/15/2023 at 3:36 PM, BillzFreak said:

Why are you acting like Poyer is some scrub safety? Yes he is 32 but only signed for 2 years. He had a injury riddled season last year and still played really good. I mean flame away at Tremaine leaving and signing Harty, but stop with the Poyer hating.

Dude, I don’t think JP Losman is allowed as an avatar.  If you haven’t heard from any moderators yet, expect to.

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I found Beane's press conference today extremely demotivating. He's out there saying they have 2-3 spendable millions available unless he does more restructures and he doesn't want to do more restructures. This isn't a team that lost in the SB, we got absolutely dog-walked in the playoffs by a team that improved in the offseason. We lost our starting MLB, signed a 5'6 wr and a meh OG. Oh and by signing those two we lost a 3rd rd compensatory pick. I'm a big Beane supporter, but this has been the crappiest beginning to an offseason I can remember. D'onte Foreman could have gotten in for 3M, there have been plenty of bargain basement prices out there and we haven't brought any of them home. I see neither competition nor depth on this team anymore. Gross. 

Beane's doing his thing. Do you want to pay top dollar for every player the bills sign? Never tip your hand. 

If Beane saying he is short on spendable money gets players to sign here cheaper,  good. The best free agent deals are never done on day 1.

But, I guarendamntee you that if a high profile/ high cost player Beane covets is available for a reasonable amount,  more "spendable money" will magically appear.

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think you're a little petty being that its March.  It's not like they went from Favorites to out of the top 10.  
We could jump to #1 again.  Fanduel, Oddshark, Draftkings have is just behind the Chiefs.

But yes, I want more help for Allen.

If bettting odds are the proxy of Super Bowl liklihood, we peaked at +125 last season.  Meaning our odds are 6x worse now than at peak betting odds love for the Bills last year. If we go to preseason, we have gone from +400 to +850, meaning the betters think our changes are less than half of last season. So quite clearly trending downwards, among betting money. 

Edited by Chaos

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If bettting odds are the proxy of Super Bowl liklihood, we peaked at +125 last season.  Meaning our odds are 6x worse now than at peak betting odds love for the Bills last year. If we go to preseason, we have gone from +400 to +850, meaning the betters think our changes are less than half of last season. So quite clearly trending downwards, among betting money. 

Oh, come on guys

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh, come on guys

Get a grip. Previous poster tried to conclude that bettors like us the same because we are in the top 10.  I was just pointing out that is factually wrong. Facts are facts even if they make you sad. 

Edited by Chaos

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Get a grip. Previous poster tried to conclude that bettors like us the same because we are in the top 10.  I was just pointing out that is factually wrong. Facts are facts even if they make you sad. 

Hence come on GUYS

trying to determine how this team is going to do off the odds makers I know there’s not ***** to talk about right now, but come on man there’s absolutely nothing you can read into that other than the fact that the odds make sure to give us good chance to make the Super Bowl, but not the best

8 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Edmunds had a good season until the playoffs.  He was much better this year.  But I certainly am not buying that he is the top inside LB in the game.  Fred Warner Nick Bolton Logan Wilson.  I wish Edmunds the best of luck.  And good for him getting that kind of contract.  I am very happy we have Poyer back.  He is a champion.  Big time player.  We are better off w Poyer then Edmunds if I had to choose one.   

Well said. I know Poyer wanted Miami. Can you imagine what an advantage it is to have no state tax and perfect weather. We were lucky to get him back.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Okay...but it's still March right?  I don't know the stats of teams that were trending down in Vegas in March and then go onto winning the Super Bowl....I just think it's meaningless right now with any team in the top 10ish now.  Philly was 12 last year.  So much more can happen from now until kickoff.

I mean yeah, the Texans, the Falcons, the Commanders, the Titans....pretty sure you can keep them way down all year.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Well said. I know Poyer wanted Miami. Can you imagine what an advantage it is to have no state tax and perfect weather. We were lucky to get him back.

I was ecstatic to have him back.  I kind of look at him as this team's Kyle Williams.  Both great leaders.  Both hard workers.  Both very good players.  

I split my time between Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale.  The weather in S Florida is ridiculous.  Sunny and warm almost every day.  It was unseasonably cold on Christmas this year.  Did not get over 50.  But that was an anomoly.  It was near 90 last Saturday.

My business is in Georgia.  So I do have to pay state taxes.  

5 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I was ecstatic to have him back.  I kind of look at him as this team's Kyle Williams.  Both great leaders.  Both hard workers.  Both very good players.  

I split my time between Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale.  The weather in S Florida is ridiculous.  Sunny and warm almost every day.  It was unseasonably cold on Christmas this year.  Did not get over 50.  But that was an anomoly.  It was near 90 last Saturday.

My business is in Georgia.  So I do have to pay state taxes.  

For me.....too hot in Florida and I don't like crawling slithering things. Guess I'm just a northeast guy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Radar said:

For me.....too hot in Florida and I don't like crawling slithering things. Guess I'm just a northeast guy.

I was in my crawl space adding insulation and I kicked I guess a snake nest when I was moving around.

I have plastic down there covering the ground so I couldn't see them but could feel the vibrations when they were slithering away to a corner.  I froze.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.