Beane again showing why he is a top GM

Success

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Says who?  Vegas still has us as one of the favorites for the SB next year. 

We have been mostly top 3 in scoring offense and scoring defense the last 3 years, the only exception was defense in 2020.  

2020:  Offense 2nd, Defense 16th

2021:  Offense 3rd, Defense 1st

2022:  Offense 2nd, Defense 2nd

You think you accomplish only because of one player in Josh Allen?  In fact our offense was 23rd in 2019 with Josh Allen the year before Beane invested in the offense more and went and got 3 very important pieces to the offense in Diggs, Davis, and Bass.  Not to mention, guys like Knox and Devin were continuing to grow and give good contributions to this team offensively, guys he also drafted.

Beane 100% wiped the whole waste of space roster out, masterfully traded pieces away for far more than they were worth like getting the first pick in the 3rd round for Tyrod Taylor, getting a 2nd and solid CB for Watkins, trading Cordy Glenn to Bengas to get in position for the right QB, etc etc.  

And you think you have some case to take the credit away from Beane in how he took bad to middling team for nearly 20 years and completely turned the entire franchise around to where they field one of the top offenses, defenses, and special teams units perennially now and are a SB contending favorite every year.  And why, because you think free agency is like Madden and he can just magically get any player you think he should go get but doesn't?

Sorry, you are just completely out of whack on your analysis of Beane.  Guess you forgot what it was like around here before we were fortunate enough to land him and McD to completely turn this franchise around and make it place players want to come play now and a place our current players want to stay.

Bass?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Bass?

Yes Bass.  He was drafted that year and has been a very good kicker and retained player for us.  Unless you don't think our kicker has not contributed points to our top 3 offense the past 3 seasons he has been here.  He has been an excellent draft pick by Beane, I don't think anyone could argue against that.  And the year he was drafted we also added Diggs and Davis.  So not sure what you are questioning about Bass TBH.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

...says absolutely nobody with an ounce of football knowledge.

Current odds.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Kansas City Chiefs +600

Buffalo Bills +850

Philadelphia Eagles +900

Cincinnati Bengals +900

San Francisco 49ers +900

Dallas Cowboys +1500

Baltimore Ravens +1600

Los Angeles Chargers +2000

Jacksonville Jaguars +2500

Detroit Lions +2500

New York Jets +2500

Los Angeles Rams +3000

Miami Dolphins +3000

Green Bay Packers +3100

Cleveland Browns +3500

Denver Broncos +3500

New Orleans Saints +3500

Minnesota Vikings +4000

Las Vegas Raiders +4000

New York Giants +4000

Pittsburgh Steelers +5000

Carolina Panthers +5500

Washington Commanders +5500

New England Patriots +5500

Seattle Seahawks +6000

Chicago Bears +6500

Tennessee Titans +7000

Atlanta Falcons +7500

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +7500

Indianapolis Colts +25000

Arizona Cardinals +28000

Houston Texans +28000

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes Bass.  He was drafted that year and has been a very good kicker and retained player for us.  Unless you don't think our kicker has not contributed points to our top 3 offense the past 3 seasons he has been here.  He has been an excellent draft pick by Beane, I don't think anyone could argue against that.  And the year he was drafted we also added Diggs and Davis.  So not sure what you are questioning about Bass TBH.

I don’t consider finding an above-replacement-value kicker to be a monumental task, let alone a major offensive upgrade.  We are setting a very low bar here for some reason.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don’t consider finding an above-replacement-value kicker to be a monumental task, let alone a major offensive upgrade.  We are setting a very low bar here for some reason.

Tell that to the teams who can't rely on their kicker.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

...says absolutely nobody with an ounce of football knowledge.

Last year the Bills were the Super Bowl favorite.

After the Super Bowl this year they opened behind KC as second.

As of now they are as low as 5th on sites behind KC, CIN, SF, PHI. The Jets jumped from a longshot to right behind the top 5. MIA has jumped to the next tier with SD, DAL, JAX, BAL. 

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Current odds.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Kansas City Chiefs +600

Buffalo Bills +850

Philadelphia Eagles +900

Cincinnati Bengals +900

San Francisco 49ers +900

Dallas Cowboys +1500

Baltimore Ravens +1600

Los Angeles Chargers +2000

Jacksonville Jaguars +2500

Detroit Lions +2500

New York Jets +2500

Los Angeles Rams +3000

Miami Dolphins +3000

Green Bay Packers +3100

Cleveland Browns +3500

Denver Broncos +3500

New Orleans Saints +3500

Minnesota Vikings +4000

Las Vegas Raiders +4000

New York Giants +4000

Pittsburgh Steelers +5000

Carolina Panthers +5500

Washington Commanders +5500

New England Patriots +5500

Seattle Seahawks +6000

Chicago Bears +6500

Tennessee Titans +7000

Atlanta Falcons +7500

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +7500

Indianapolis Colts +25000

Arizona Cardinals +28000

Houston Texans +28000

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, In Summary said:

I'll give Beane points for doing his job to find cap room.  Not sure that I'm overly excited by any of the people he signed.  They help and they prevent glaring holes (+), but none are really "wow" players.

Yeah, these are just guys their former teams decided weren't worth holding on to. To us they're new faces & names, but they're just replacing players of ours we're moving on from too.

At this point theres really no reason to be excited at all, other than that a few names & faces have changed. Just like previous offseasons, we all get excited at the new toys... then we see how they play. We just gotta hope these guys replacing the old guys are an upgrade i guess? Because not much has changed.

GO BILLS

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Says who?  Vegas still has us as one of the favorites for the SB next year. 

We have been mostly top 3 in scoring offense and scoring defense the last 3 years, the only exception was defense in 2020.  

2020:  Offense 2nd, Defense 16th

2021:  Offense 3rd, Defense 1st

2022:  Offense 2nd, Defense 2nd

You think you accomplish only because of one player in Josh Allen?  In fact our offense was 23rd in 2019 with Josh Allen the year before Beane invested in the offense more and went and got 3 very important pieces to the offense in Diggs, Davis, and Bass.  Not to mention, guys like Knox and Devin were continuing to grow and give good contributions to this team offensively, guys he also drafted.

Beane 100% wiped the whole waste of space roster out, masterfully traded pieces away for far more than they were worth like getting the first pick in the 3rd round for Tyrod Taylor, getting a 2nd and solid CB for Watkins, trading Cordy Glenn to Bengas to get in position for the right QB, etc etc.  

And you think you have some case to take the credit away from Beane in how he took bad to middling team for nearly 20 years and completely turned the entire franchise around to where they field one of the top offenses, defenses, and special teams units perennially now and are a SB contending favorite every year.  And why, because you think free agency is like Madden and he can just magically get any player you think he should go get but doesn't?

Sorry, you are just completely out of whack on your analysis of Beane.  Guess you forgot what it was like around here before we were fortunate enough to land him and McD to completely turn this franchise around and make it place players want to come play now and a place our current players want to stay.

Most are not saying McD and Beane are terrible. They are doing a decent job. Decent job plus Allen makes you a super bowl contender. Allen goes to MIA or NYJ and they are also super bowl contender (MIA the easy favorite if that happened). But CIN and KC are doing a better job at adding talent via the draft and in free agency. That is where the Bills are falling behind. 

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Huh?  Where did I set a low bar?  I literally mentioned him among several guys who joined the team in 2020 and for some reason you want to single him out and take exception to his inclusion on a list.  Have no idea why you keep bringing him up, he was like one word in a multi-paragraph post about Beane's accomplishments.  

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Most are not saying McD and Beane are terrible. They are doing a decent job. Decent job plus Allen makes you a super bowl contender. Allen goes to MIA or NYJ and they are also super bowl contender (MIA the easy favorite if that happened). But CIN and KC are doing a better job at adding talent via the draft and in free agency. That is where the Bills are falling behind. 

So consistently fielding a top 3 offense and defense along with a top ST unit is now just a decent job?  

Edited by Alphadawg7

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

As of now they are as low as 5th on sites behind KC, CIN, SF, PHI. The Jets jumped from a longshot to right behind the top 5. MIA has jumped to the next tier with SD, DAL, JAX, BAL. 

I'd like to see the bets made on Buffalo right now from those pointing to Vegas odds as evidence this team is better.  

Because I wouldn't make that wager after re-signing Poyer, then signing a UFA guard, backup QB,  and diminutive WR with speed.  Gonna take a lot more than that.   

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  Where did I set a low bar?  I literally mentioned him among several guys who joined the team in 2020 and for some reason you want to single him out and take exception to his inclusion on a list.  Have no idea why you keep bringing him up, he was like one word in a multi-paragraph post about Beane's accomplishments.  

So consistently fielding a top 3 offense and defense along with a top ST unit is now just a decent job?  

Its the logic of many, not sure if you are included. 

Frazier leaves and its an upgrade. Ignore that we had a top D. Same applies to Edmunds leaving.

But in another argument, its the Bills have a top D so whatever you are saying is wrong blah blah.

MIA gets Ramsey and its he sucks, Allen destroys him. Jets get Rodgers and he is old and washed up. KC and CIN sign two of the best OL and its they are only replacing guys they lost.

Meanwhile, we celebrate the signing guys like Harty, expect Bernard to easily replace Edmunds, etc. I guarantee if Poyer did not resign it would be Beane knows not to overpay him, yet again its celebrated when he resigns. 

Why can't there be some good and some bad. I like teh McGovern signing, dont mind Allen, Poyer I want to see the numbers but am happy he is back. But I hate the Hines, Harty, Mata moves. I am disappointed we have not done more at WR and LB yet. 

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

I'd like to see the bets made on Buffalo right now from those pointing to Vegas odds as evidence this team is better.  

Because I wouldn't make that wager after re-signing Poyer, then signing a UFA guard, backup QB,  and diminutive WR with speed.  Gonna take a lot more than that.   

This is my point. The trend is going in the wrong direction. Last year the betting on the Bills made a ton of sense. Right now, people are wondering if we can beat KC and CIN in the playoffs and if we can hold off MIA and NYJ. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ngbills said:

They are between 2-5...how does that not make them Super Bowl favorites being in the consensus top 5?  Not the favorite as we can see but a top 5.  

Last year the Eagles were 12th.

Only 6 teams have won the Super Bowl as the preseason favorite.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

They are between 2-5...how does that not make them Super Bowl favorites being in the consensus top 5?  Not the favorite as we can see but a top 5.  

Last year the Eagles were 12th.

Only 6 teams have won the Super Bowl as the preseason favorite.

The point was the view of the Bills super bowl chances are trending downward not upward. I still think they have a shot. I would feel much better if they would do more to help Allen plus some help at LB/DB. 

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is what you actually said:

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In fact our offense was 23rd in 2019 with Josh Allen the year before Beane invested in the offense more and went and got 3 very important pieces to the offense in Diggs, Davis, and Bass

Just now, ngbills said:

The point was the view of the Bills super bowl chances are trending downward not upward. I still think they have a shot. I would feel much better if they would do more to help Allen plus some help at LB/DB. 

I think you're a little petty being that its March.  It's not like they went from Favorites to out of the top 10.  
We could jump to #1 again.  Fanduel, Oddshark, Draftkings have is just behind the Chiefs.

But yes, I want more help for Allen.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think you're a little petty being that its March.  It's not like they went from Favorites to out of the top 10.  
We could jump to #1 again.  Fanduel, Oddshark, Draftkings have is just behind the Chiefs.

But yes, I want more help for Allen.

I hear you. But barring a major move by the Bills it is more likely they get passed by some teams than move up. And it is a big jump - in most peoples view we went from the AFC favorite to clearly behind KC and CIN, and now have MIA and NYJ on our heals. We need to get more help, plain and simple or hope things fall our way. 

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is what you actually said:

Oh come on bud, you can't be seriously still talking about this lol.  That is the only sentence in a long post about Beane that Bass is even mentioned...are you so desperate to discredit Beane or something that you want to nit pick this bad? 

Secondly, show me anything in that sentence that isn't true.  Bass has been a key player since he got here when he broke the Bills franchise single season scoring record as a rookie and is already 8th in Bills history in scoring after 3 seasons here.  He has been an excellent player and pick for us, so its so absurd that you take exception him being mentioned along with Diggs and Davis joining the team in the same season.

If you don't think the team has benefited from Bass being a part of it, then I don't know what tell you.  You make it sound like I made this big case for Bass, I literally mentioned him in a blurb of guys who have been a big part of our scoring as a top 3 offense in the NFL the past 3 years.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh come on dude, you can't be seriously still talking about this lol.  That is the only sentence in a long post about Beane that Bass is even mentioned...are you so desperate to discredit Beane or something that you want to nit pick this bad? 

Secondly, show me anything in that sentence that isn't true.  Bass has been a key player since he got here when he broke the Bills franchise single season scoring record as a rookie and is already 8th in Bills history in scoring after 3 seasons here.  He has been an excellent player and pick for us, so its so absurd that you take exception him being mentioned along with Diggs and Davis joining the team in the same season.

If you don't think the team has benefited from Bass being a part of it, then I don't know what tell you.  You make it sound like I made this big case for Bass, I literally mentioned him in a blurb of guys who have been a big part of our scoring as a top 3 offense in the NFL the past 3 years.  

This is what I actually said:

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Bass?

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is what I actually said:

And then I commented back...and then you commented back again...and then I commented back...and then you commented back again.  Convenient how you continuously leave all substance out of each or your replys though.  This is the weirdest rabbit hole to be taken down over Bass lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.