Beane again showing why he is a top GM

Success

This thread is a participation trophy.

Geez Louise, all Beane has done so far this offseason is fall forward.  We’re congratulating him for executing restructurings that were necessitated by years of bad contracts?  For finally signing a young guard and a speed receiver after some of us have been banging our heads against the wall about these needs for years?  For not paying the high price Edmunds cost because Beane waited to lock him up until he priced himself out of range?

I like McGovern and Harty a LOT but young guards and fast career special teamers should fall from the sky in free agency and the draft and Beane had to make up ground and possibly overpay to finally land them.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

The only reason I bring them up is that their positions require competent replacements. Say what you want about Motor and Edmunds, they were important starters on a team that won a lot of games and was one of the favorites to go to the SB the last 2 years. Keemun had plenty of success with a few teams and was a competent backup which is why he keeps getting contracts. I believe Motor could have been a more productive player with a better O-line and play calling that prioritized the run with someone other than Josh. Just see who we bring in to replace Edmunds before criticizing him. Inside LBs don’t get 18 million a year because they suck. 

Regardless of who we bring in to replace Edmunds, I don't have to like his game.  I don't think he sucked.  But he was not a game changer, and did not dominate.  His lack of instincts made him look slow and out of position more then a little.  That being said.  The Bears overpaid for him.  It will be interesting to see the trajectory of his career from this point forward.  I like Milano's game a whole lot better.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Huh?

He did what every other GM does. Restructures contracts to get some cap space.

You're more confident about 2023 after we lost a LB, got a WR that Saints fans say is injury prone and overpaid, and retained a 32 year old safety?

I don't get it.

I’m not more confident im the same amount of confident

Why?

Because for the most part, this is the same team as last year the one that went 13 and three we didn’t need to bring in superstars. We needed players that fit our system that we could afford and we’re not done.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

He’s not done he only has so much to work with. He’s being patient.

We should also be patient

We got four or five more years of McBeane.  We will be patient whether we like it or not. 

1 hour ago, Success said:

The stars aligned at the right time for the Chiefs.  It doesn't mean they're a better team than the Bills.

The better team doesn't ALWAYS win the SB.  NFL history has taught us that.  A lot is getting hot at the right time, and getting some breaks.

Translation: "It's hard to win in the NFL."

(Credit to Richard Manuel Jauron)

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What the heck are the Bengals doing?

Lost 3 starters now and lost Perine. 

And because they’re cheap/poor they conned Pratt into taking a vastly underpay contract. 

An owner only focused on profit can always torpedo a team. GMs have to carry out the owners’ visions and they all aren’t out to win a championship if it means making less money. Check out the Bengals NFLPA report card: Link

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally consider it more of a intentionally triggering type of thread just trying to upset people that are already upset

A positive thread triggers the mob and you blame the OP. I guess if we like something we should just stfu cuz ,ohh no, the pissed off folks will get even more triggered. I guess TBD is for the upset only to vent. If that’s how it is, personally, they can eff themselves with the bully behavior. We’ve been one of the better franchises over the past few seasons. If you think not winning a SB is a reason to be an ass to others, you’re wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

A positive thread triggers the mob and you blame the OP. I guess if we like something we should just stfu cuz ,ohh no, the pissed off folks will get even more triggered. I guess TBD is for the upset only to vent. If that’s how it is, personally, they can eff themselves with the bully behavior. We’ve been one of the better franchises over the past few seasons. If you think not winning a SB is a reason to be an ass to others, you’re wrong. 

Dude, no that’s not what I’m saying

Someone made a post

Some people are upset about it

I personally think Brandon Beane is an awesome GM, who has done an awesome job as evidenced by the fact that our team has been in the playoffs for so many years we can’t remember whenever it wasn’t some of us unless they’re old as ***** like me

We can do a lot worse with the management that we have including coaching

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Dude, no that’s not what I’m saying

Someone made a post

Some people are upset about it

I personally think Brandon Beane is an awesome GM, who has done an awesome job as evidenced by the fact that our team has been in the playoffs for so many years we can’t remember whenever it wasn’t some of us unless they’re old as ***** like me

We can do a lot worse with the management that we have including coaching

Thanks, but that aside, this place is really starting to suck. 
I am old as…not dust, but I’m up there too. It’s ok for some of us to enjoy what we have now. 3 straight division titles…I’d better stop before I piss off the entitled crew. What’s with poo pooing a positive post/thread? There’s plenty of negative threads to jump on. 

HOLY 💩!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Thanks, but that aside, this place is really starting to suck. 
I am old as…not dust, but I’m up there too. It’s ok for some of us to enjoy what we have now. 3 straight division titles…I’d better stop before I piss off the entitled crew. What’s with poo pooing a positive post/thread? There’s plenty of negative threads to jump on. 

HOLY 💩!!!

How did you do during the drought years?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

And who is the qb? Josh Allen. If Keenum start we may have been 3-13.  

That can be said for any team that loses a qb of that caliber. Beane drafted him…to no credit, apparently. 
Just B word to B word. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.