Beane again showing why he is a top GM

Success

Just now, Augie said:

Let’s take away Mahomes and Burrow then, too. The roster gets holes as you spend your $$$ on QB’s, and the Bengal’s aren’t even there yet. The 49’ers have a great roster, but a giant question mark at QB. I like their GM and HC.  Does Boomer finally see his dream Super Bowl matchup……with Brady vs Josh but not on a golf course this time. How many years in a row did he have Bills vs SF in the SB? 

Yes - if the sane qb plays for the bills, chiefs, 49ers, bengals, eagles we lose to all 4 of them. No question in my mind. Heck I would argue we lose to the jets and fins and many other teams. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Yes - if the sane qb plays for the bills, chiefs, 49ers, bengals, eagles we lose to all 4 of them. No question in my mind. Heck I would argue we lose to the jets and fins and many other teams. 

….and yet, we were 13-3! This is more confusing than @Royale with Cheese and his infinity stuff! 

45 minutes ago, Success said:

I mean, to answer the bolded "in general" - I'd challenge anyone to name 3-4 teams that are actually better than the Bills right now.

That's better than run of the mill. And as far as this offseason, I expected almost nothing, given our cap situation.  If he signs a LB w/ what we have left - we basically go into the draft without any real "needs."

Chiefs, Bengals, Eagles, 49ers. The Bills have not gotten better with any of the moves Beane has made so far. Hell, even the Jets with their additions and Hall coming back are going to give us fits.  Miami showed they can beat us (and almost with a third string QB). Right now the Bills are basically running it back minus Edmunds 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

Chiefs, Bengals, Eagles, 49ers. The Bills have not gotten better with any of the moves Beane has made so far. Hell, even the Jets with their additions and Hall coming back are going to give us fits.  Miami showed they can beat us (and almost with a third string QB). Right now the Bills are basically running it back minus Edmunds 

They're running back what was the best team in the league for a pretty long stretch of the season last year.

Just have a bad feeling about this team / roster for this year 

they’re not going to move the needle (which we all knew/ beane presser) with free agency this year 

they will have to HIT on some draft players. They need one or two IMPACT PLAYERS. Like a mark andrews te 3rd rd. Chris jones 2nd rd DT. 

and ultimately. Both things will have to happen. 1) Allen will have to play flawless , elite level, no let downs, no injuries. MVP level 2) coaching has to be elite in playoffs 

just don’t see both those things happening. Or the draft HiTs

Edited by balln

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

Yeah, he only took them to 5 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in 14 seasons.  

It wasn't THAT unlike how McDermott is starting to be viewed by some of this fanbase. McD hasn't made as many deep runs - but it's been great regular seasons, and generally disappointing results in the end, given the potential.

Reid resurrected his career and reputation in KC, in a big way.  And I'm a Reid fan, btw. I thought Philly fans got a lot like some of this fanbase is getting now - getting so spoiled with expectations that they lose sight of what they have.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, balln said:

Who’s rushing the passer Beane !?!?! 

That’s YOU! We’ve missed you! Where ya been?   😋

They’ve invested a lot, and gotten less than hoped for. The Von ACL was a big swing to fix that problem, and it was working, but we just drew a bad hand. It happens. That sucks. I really like Rousseau but other than that……… some guys. At least there is no Troupe in there. That’s my (typical) glass half full version. 

3 minutes ago, Success said:

It wasn't THAT unlike how McDermott is starting to be viewed by some of this fanbase. McD hasn't made as many deep runs - but it's been great regular seasons, and generally disappointing results in the end, given the potential.

Reid resurrected his career and reputation in KC, in a big way.  And I'm a Reid fan, btw. I thought Philly fans got a lot like some of this fanbase is getting now - getting so spoiled with expectations that they lose sight of what they have.

5 NFCCG and a SB is a lot different than 1 AFCCG and no SB.

11 minutes ago, Success said:

They're running back what was the best team in the league for a pretty long stretch of the season last year.

Until it mattered. They barely got out of the wildcard and got embarrassed against the Bengals. They ran it back after 13 seconds and regressed. What do you think is going to happen next year with all the improvements to the Jets and Dolphins? 

8 minutes ago, balln said:

Just have a bad feeling about this team / roster for this year 

they’re not going to move the needle (which we all knew/ beane presser) with free agency this year 

they will have to HIT on some draft players. They need one or two IMPACT PLAYERS. Like a mark andrews te 3rd rd. Chris jones 2nd rd DT. 

and ultimately. Both things will have to happen. 1) Allen will have to play flawless , elite level, no let downs, no injuries. MVP level 2) coaching has to be elite in playoffs 

just don’t see both those things happening. Or the draft HiTs

It’s March 

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I’ll be happier if he finds more help for the oline. If he doesn’t, he didn’t learn anything from last year’s failures IMO… 

This is where I’m at.

Still a lot to play out but so far we have added an “average to slightly above average guard” by the sounds of it, and a speed receiver who hasn’t accomplished much.

Still a lot to go, but need to add another weapon, draft a guard early and a tackle who can compete with Spencer brown

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

5 NFCCG and a SB is a lot different than 1 AFCCG and no SB.

I'm guessing you would have been just as unhappy w/ him as you are w/ McD, or Beane.  Probably more, because he couldn't close the deal w/ so many chances.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

That’s YOU! We’ve missed you! Where ya been?   😋

They’ve invested a lot, and gotten less than hoped for. The Von ACL was a big swing to fix that problem, and it was working, but we just drew a bad hand. It happens. That sucks. I really like Rousseau but other than that……… some guys. At least there is no Troupe in there. That’s my (typical) glass half full version. 

Lol. I know. I’m on the go ALL in on offense kind of person. But now looking at roster. The majority of next year. No Von. Their DL looks as weak as it’s ever been from a DE / edge/ rush standpoint. 

plus we all act that he’ll come back and be exactly what he was when he was injured. Ehhhhh. Meniscus and an acl (second time same acl). No guarantees folks. Chase young STILL isn’t back! 

beane knew it. He knew it would be bad / not ideal this year at the presser. Keep that in mind.

gonna need an incredibly improbable draft. 1 starting OL 2) frank clark / impact D 3) mark andrews impact O 

1 minute ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

Until it mattered. They barely got out of the wildcard and got embarrassed against the Bengals. They ran it back after 13 seconds and regressed. What do you think is going to happen next year with all the improvements to the Jets and Dolphins? 

You don't put anything on how our circumstances were the last month+ of the season?

We had more adversity than any other team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.