Beane again showing why he is a top GM

Success

I am confused.  I thought we sucked cause of coaching.  Now its the players we acquire.   

So either the players suck and the coaching staff is pretty decent.

Or the coaches and GM are incompetent and the players somehow keep making the playoffs? 

Or they all suck and the fans are getting us into the playoffs with their game day thread acumen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I will reserve judgement until I see a good draft…

If Luke had to confront Vader in order to become a Jedi- the draft is Beane’s “Vader”…😉

Luke didn't have to face Vader to become a Jedi, he had to face himself and the fear that he might behind Vader if he didn't learn to stay calm and within himself and follow his process, while looking for opportunities to self reflect and continue improving... basically that's my interpretation...external pressures are what would lead to the dark side basically.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Draconator said:

The best thing you can do is ignore him. Lord knows I've gone after him, but he just keeps coming back with the same old crap. Just ignore him and he will dry up like a glass of water in the dessert. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re right-  I had him on ignore and was caught at a moment of weakness to see how ignorant is post would be-  lo and behold.  

Ignore, ignore, Ignore! Do not reply!!! Him and a few other are just not worth the headache that follows.😂

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Success said:

What he has done so far is like a magic trick. This team was WAY over cap just a week ago.  Yes, a lot of contracts were set up to restructure. But we've signed a speedy receiver, a solid starter at guard and re-signed Poyer.  We didn't overpay for Edmunds, and still have some space to bring in a LB, a RB, or possibly both.  We have also retained key role players like Dane Jackson, Martin and Dodson.

Personally, I'm much more optimistic about 2023 than I was just a few weeks ago.  And we still have the draft ahead of us.  He DOES need to nail this draft, but I'm just feeling good about the whole deal.

It's good to have a capable GM. They're not plentiful in this league, and at worst, everything Beane does is well thought-out, and in line w/ a true vision for what this team needs to be.

ENTER @Airseven😎

• Haha (+1) 2

All things considering I think I’m fairly happy with what we have done on D. It does come with some risk with regards to our safeties age but I feel if they can stay healthy it’s a better solution than the alternative. Hyde and Poyer just work so well together and I’m not sold on what we have behind them for a whole season. I’m ready to roll without Edmunds and see where it takes us.

Anyone but Saffold is a step up so it seems we could be relatively set with the starting oline and go after it more in the draft. It Really would be good if Spencer can improve his game or bring in some competition. 

In my opinion for this to be successful for Beane  I would now focus my attention back to the Offense. Beane  should look to grab another Wr to take the pressure off Diggs. I don’t want to be signing guys off the street come playoff time.

I wonder if he will look to sign another back before the draft as well..

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

Beane has not done anything to write home about. Nothing special at all.  There were some major moves by other teams yesterday and today that also improved these teams more than what we have done so far in FA.  Time will tell after we see where everything lies after FA ends and after the draft.  We still have not officially even addressed the DC job, that I hope is filled by some one else other than McD.  We need a new influx of coaching insight when the D scheme is concerned, for us to to compete at a higher level this upcoming season.  We played like crap in the playoffs on D this year.  Yeah we had injuries but we played really bad down the stretch.  We need a serious vetting on the D scheme this year.  It has not paid off as McD and Beane expected it too, for the past 5 seasons. this D has been paper tigers only. 

Our D is all bark and no bite when we faced the better teams this past season.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I think Beane is going to fill the MLB position in the 1st round. Either Trenton Simpson, Clemson or Jack Campbell, Iowa. 

But we can't have a young guy playing our middle linebacker.

Oh wait, that's what we have done for 5 years.

• Like (+1) 1

Well way over the cap and restructuring was not genius. Frankly you could argue if cap management was that good to begin with. Also to judge the off season at this point is premature. What we are waiting for is solid moves/draft to address obvious needs. Then we'll be able to grade how well our GM has done. One thing I am concerned with is I think Miami has gained on us and wth Rogers in New York it could be argued the Jets may now be the division favorites. In short our GM has work to do before we're giving him accolades.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

That was a back-and-forth game decided by four points. Both teams had leads at various points of the game and the Bills scored the go-ahead TD with 1:04 left in the game. Bills hardly went to KC and "smacked" them. They went in, got the job done and left. Don't make it out as if the Bills won by 2-3 td's.

Yup- and we won with our roster (minus Tre). Someone said it wasn’t good enough- but it was.  We suffered significant injuries-  the other team didn’t

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think Beane is going to fill the MLB position in the 1st round. Either Trenton Simpson, Clemson or Jack Campbell, Iowa. 

Those are my two picks. Simpson was the guy to me if we kept the same defense. He has the athelticism to replace Edmunds.

If we change scheme a bit with Frazier gone, maybe there could be a good fit for Campbell.

• Like (+1) 1

While I appreciate the positivity, and I’m a big front office fan, I can’t congratulate anyone yet.  

One Guard does not change the offensive line to give Josh the extra second he needs.  We need at least 1-2 more guys up front.   

Yes, we added speed guy, but there’s no telling if he will be utilized the right way and he’s definitely not a WR2.   With McK and Shakir, I wonder how he fits.  

We still have a hole at MLB to fill.  

Now, I’m not doom and gloom as FA just started and there’s plenty of time and options left.  But I’m just not there for the circle jerk just yet 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gross… another 1st round LB when this team still has holes offensively? 

Trade the pick for Jeudy…..Then we can all get on our knees for Beane.

We get Jeudy, I’ll hold his balls while you get the shaft 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.