Beane again showing why he is a top GM

Success

Huh?

He did what every other GM does. Restructures contracts to get some cap space.

You're more confident about 2023 after we lost a LB, got a WR that Saints fans say is injury prone and overpaid, and retained a 32 year old safety?

I don't get it.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

I mean… Half the league had to get under the cap in the last 7 days. 
I didn’t expect a booming free agency but I wouldn’t say he’s “winning the offseason” either. 
I like Beane and I’m all for giving him his praises and accepting he’s had some ugly losses during his tenure. I don’t think we need to pat his back for anything yet this year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I’m happy with the offseason so far.  

Edmunds price of 18M was too much.  he resisted the temptation and played that card correctly imo. 

Poyer-  He held his ground and played things perfectly as he kept a great working relationship with JP, enough so that he would return.  He’s a leader and would have been missed.  

mcgovern-  looks like a huge upgrade over Saffold in pass protection….and that’s really what matters most.  The move could also help both OG spots of Bates moves to LG and performs better than he did at RG-  

Harty-  I’ve been a fan of the kid for a few years, so I absolutely love this signing.  I think he’ll be a WR along with some gadgets. Dorsey needs to make him shine.  Maybe our PR too (but I’m worried about the fumbles)

martin- stud punter-  didn’t overpay

Matakavich- lol

Dodson-  capable backup- knows the system-  hopefully won’t have to play.  

tendered Dane- solid depth. 

Resigned Cam Lewis 

hole falling GIF

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Huh?

He did what every other GM does. Restructures contracts to get some cap space.

You're more confident about 2023 after we lost a LB, got a WR that Saints fans say is injury prone and overpaid, and retained a 32 year old safety?

I don't get it.

Why are you acting like Poyer is some scrub safety? Yes he is 32 but only signed for 2 years. He had a injury riddled season last year and still played really good. I mean flame away at Tremaine leaving and signing Harty, but stop with the Poyer hating.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

so, he’s doing his job, basically.

Everyone is just doing their jobs. Some people do it better than others. I happen to be mostly a fan, but time will tell.  

This happens in every line of business, but this just very public. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Success said:

What he has done so far is like a magic trick. This team was WAY over cap just a week ago.  Yes, a lot of contracts were set up to restructure. But we've signed a speedy receiver, a solid starter at guard and re-signed Poyer.  We didn't overpay for Edmunds, and still have some space to bring in a LB, a RB, or possibly both.  We have also retained key role players like Dane Jackson, Martin and Dodson.

Personally, I'm much more optimistic about 2023 than I was just a few weeks ago.  And we still have the draft ahead of us.  He DOES need to nail this draft, but I'm just feeling good about the whole deal.

It's good to have a capable GM. They're not plentiful in this league, and at worst, everything Beane does is well thought-out, and in line w/ a true vision for what this team needs to be.

We will see… there’s a lot of time left in the off-season.  I did like the decision to let Edmunds walk for $18M, but I’m concerned Bernard is the plan to replace him.  

Re-signing Poyer was a great move though we need him to stay healthy all season which is not a given at his age.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Why are you acting like Poyer is some scrub safety? Yes he is 32 but only signed for 2 years. He had a injury riddled season last year and still played really good. I mean flame away at Tremaine leaving and signing Harty, but stop with the Poyer hating.

The best thing you can do is ignore him. Lord knows I've gone after him, but he just keeps coming back with the same old crap. Just ignore him and he will dry up like a glass of water in the dessert. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.