Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

39 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Still a great deal. There were people saying he was gonna get 10 a year.

I think that's actually what Spotrac reported.  (rummage rummage) yeah, 3 years, $33M was their "market value" assessment.

Pretty clear Poyer wanted to be paid like a top-10 or 12 safety and, well, that hasn't happened.

17 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think that's actually what Spotrac reported.  (rummage rummage) yeah, 3 years, $33M was their "market value" assessment.

Pretty clear Poyer wanted to be paid like a top-10 or 12 safety and, well, that hasn't happened.

That was always a silly valuation, which is becoming more and more common for Spotrac lately. Almost becoming the Zillow of sports.

Only 1 guy in the top-20 paid Safeties is over 30, and he (Harrison Smith) just had to renegotiate to a 1 yr deal so he wasnt cut.

21 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Thanks, the Twitter I saw did not clarify that well.

Good contract overall, one of my favorite McBeane era defenders.

Still want Bills to make some investments in S this season. The writing is on the wall for our beloved S duo, and I am not big on Hamlin being the replacement.

And yes, that was before the events in Cincy.

What a great opportunity for a 3-5th round S to come in and learn from two of the best.

Would also be insurance in the event Hyde's recovery takes a set back, or Hamlin is not cleared IMO.

Gervarrius Owens (Houston) would be a nice 4-6th round type of guy who could learn and back up these two.

I think they give Benford a good look in TC at FS as Hydes replacement next year. Just to see how he looks back there. Too talented to be on the bench but definitely see them drafting 1 on day 3

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.