Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Makes Hyde's contract look really bad, especially since we have a dead cap on our books for next 3 years for him, over 3 million next year.

We didn't let Micah test the market like Poyer did.   Micah basically got the same extension Poyer did two years ago.  Poyer is now hurt and older and tested the market and didn't have the interest he thought he would.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Makes Hyde's contract look really bad, especially since we have a dead cap on our books for next 3 years for him, over 3 million next year.

The Bills are paying a total of $12mm this year for the best safety duo in the NFL and your take on that is negative? 

Wow.

Next year the cap hit for those two is $7mm.

Is that too much as well?

Sling and miss for strike one for Back2Buff....

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Bills are paying a total of $12mm this year for the best safety duo in the NFL and your take on that is negative? 

Wow.

Next year the cap hit for those two is $7mm.

Is that too much as well?

Sling and miss for strike one for Back2Buff....

Hyde is not signed next year.  We just have a cap hit for him.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Seems to miss the other part 

510k of his 4.5M are in game bonuses. So has to play all games to get that full cash

Thanks, the Twitter I saw did not clarify that well.

Good contract overall, one of my favorite McBeane era defenders.

Still want Bills to make some investments in S this season. The writing is on the wall for our beloved S duo, and I am not big on Hamlin being the replacement.

And yes, that was before the events in Cincy.

What a great opportunity for a 3-5th round S to come in and learn from two of the best.

Would also be insurance in the event Hyde's recovery takes a set back, or Hamlin is not cleared IMO.

Gervarrius Owens (Houston) would be a nice 4-6th round type of guy who could learn and back up these two.

Wow, I like this much more than I initially did. That’s a nice deal especially with the ability to cut him next season if he slows down like he did at the end of this year.  Nice work Beaner!

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Thanks, the Twitter I saw did not clarify that well.

Good contract overall, one of my favorite McBeane era defenders.

Still want Bills to make some investments in S this season. The writing is on the wall for our beloved S duo, and I am not big on Hamlin being the replacement.

And yes, that was before the events in Cincy.

What a great opportunity for a 3-5th round S to come in and learn from two of the best.

Would also be insurance in the event Hyde's recovery takes a set back, or Hamlin is not cleared IMO.

Gervarrius Owens (Houston) would be a nice 4-6th round type of guy who could learn and back up these two.

I’d be ok with upto a 3rd round pick on a safety.  No offense to Hamlin, but we’re it not for the crazy event, most would be looking for an upgrade over him this year.  He didn’t show a whole lot on the field.   He seems like a class act and obviously, it’s awesome he plans to return, but I wouldn’t bank on him as an impact player.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Wow, I like this much more than I initially did. That’s a nice deal especially with the ability to cut him next season if he slows down like he did at the end of this year.  Nice work Beaner!

I’d be ok with upto a 3rd round pick on a safety.  No offense to Hamlin, but we’re it not for the crazy event, most would be looking for an upgrade over him this year.  He didn’t show a whole lot on the field.   He seems like a class act and obviously, it’s awesome he plans to return, but I wouldn’t bank on him as an impact player.

100% agree

Hamlin is a nice S#4 before Cincy.

Add in Hyde's injury and age and Poyer's age and S needs to be considered.

Plenty of successful S drafted in mid to late rounds, but it should be addressed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.