Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

23 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's my hunch right now. Maybe a 2/$12M fully guaranteed, but that 2nd year is void. So it's really a 1/$12M for Poyer but $6M a year for the Bills.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Well I had the terms a little off, but nailed the numbers!

And for my prize, I'm taking the rest of the day off from work (because I have no more meetings scheduled today).

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Poyer probably had a better offer last offseason.

Maybe but I doubt it. I think Beane always had him valued around this number, which is what offended Jordan (and mostly Rachel) last year. Then they hit the market and came back and took the lower offer. I think Beane always had him at about $6-7M and that is where he should be given his age.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:05 PM, HappyDays said:

From a source that knows Poyer - He was looking for $9-$10 million per year. Yesterday the Bills offered 2 years $12 million total and Poyer laughed at it. Now we'll see what the final numbers look like. My guess is 2 years $14 million.

Turns out 2 years $12 million is what he got, so there you go. It was the best the market had to offer him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Most likely because they are low. All the details you see come out at this time are released by the agents, almost never the team. So it sounds like Jordan and Rosenhaus are saving some face on this one and emphasizing the "2 year" part but not the money amount.

Because he resigned.

Hmmm.

It's on Sportrac and they have it much better than tweets above:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jordan-poyer-12500/

It says 10M guaranteed, 3.6M cap hit this year, 6.2M cap hit next year, and only 750k dead cap if released. There are some incentives too.

If true, this is the best deal Beane has ever done lol.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.