Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm thinking poyer is going to do beane a solid......officially sign last....after all the f/a dust has settled....give beane time to cut mckenzie and others, manipulate the cap.....theres a trust built up between them.

He was at OBD today, and all reports are he was there to sign the deal. Not sure why he would need to wait, or what that would do for Beane.

29 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm thinking poyer is going to do beane a solid......officially sign last....after all the f/a dust has settled....give beane time to cut mckenzie and others, manipulate the cap.....theres a trust built up between them.

He already signed it. There is a picture of him doing that on the Bills app.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

Why would he do that?

And what would it really accomplish for Beane?  He needs to know what he's spent, and like any other avenue of business, if it isn't in writing it doesn't count.

16 hours ago, Airseven said:

It's not crap. There's tread on the tires (which is why he wasn't desired in free agency). Given age and recent injuries, each new season brings added risk of diminishing effectiveness. His spot was an opportunity to get younger, cheaper, and perhaps better (if early draft pick). Alas, McDermott opts for recycling what's comfortable.

One word.  WRONG.  He’s not diminished in the slightest and from 2017-21 almost no misses.  He and Hyde together are by league experts one of the best if not the best Safety tandems in the league.

Maybe you didn’t see with Tre, Taron, and Poyer and Hyde as the best pass defense in the league.  Year over year.   Now with Benford and Elam developing we will continue to have an elite pass defense.

Do you ever wonder why teams try to run on us?  Because they can’t pass deep.  We were the best against the deep pass for years.  When their play diminishes, I’ll agree.

We have Poyer for two and ossicle the can void after a year, and Hyde after this year.  I don’t expect any extension for Hyde in 24, but he was ready for the Chiefs game had we won.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

One word.  WRONG.  He’s not diminished in the slightest and from 2017-21 almost no misses.  He and Hyde together are by league experts one of the best if not the best Safety tandems in the league.

Maybe you didn’t see with Tre, Taron, and Poyer and Hyde as the best pass defense in the league.  Year over year.   Now with Benford and Elam developing we will continue to have an elite pass defense.

Do you ever wonder why teams try to run on us?  Because they can’t pass deep.  We were the best against the deep pass for years.  When their play diminishes, I’ll agree.

We have Poyer for two and ossicle the can void after a year, and Hyde after this year.  I don’t expect any extension for Hyde in 24, but he was ready for the Chiefs game had we won.

I’m not gonna talk about them being diminished until I actually see it people expecting for players to be diminished. You’re just half empty people.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ya they're tremendous at disguising coverage and really work as 1. Their role in this scheme relies more on instincts,  i.q and communication. Outside of pass rush, they're the most important pieces to this D.

Hyde is a FA after next year, not 24.. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Hyde is a FA after next year, not 24.. 

You guys were both saying the same thing. After next season is 2024. Time flies!

This is his last year either way. I still wish they could get Hyde and Poyer synced up, which they might have if this "2 year" deal for Poyer is really 1+Void.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You guys were both saying the same thing. After next season is 2024. Time flies!

This is his last year either way. I still wish they could get Hyde and Poyer synced up, which they might have if this "2 year" deal for Poyer is really 1+Void.

Why hasn't his contract details come out yet? 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Why hasn't his contract details come out yet? 

Most likely because they are low. All the details you see come out at this time are released by the agents, almost never the team. So it sounds like Jordan and Rosenhaus are saving some face on this one and emphasizing the "2 year" part but not the money amount.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.