Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Considering how broken Poyer was even early in the season I would disagree.  If he can stay healthy that's ideal, but we basically have nobody behind him who I like. 

I guess we'll see.  I think this surprise signing opens the draft for a good amount of offense in the first 2 days.

The DL will need a lot more next year than the secondary.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I respectfully disagree, both had either serious or lingering injuries all last year. Poyer had a knee, elbow, and rib that slowed him down pretty bad at the end.

Hamlin and Lewis aren’t starting caliber players, and Benford is an unknown at safety

If Dane makes it through his tender Benford doesn't have a real job.  Beane already hinted earlier this year his is S material.

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If he ended up signing with Miami you could have used it as a dart board.

Well my wife has a crush on him so i was gonna let her do whatever she wanted to it at that point........But for now he shall remain unsullied.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

If Dane makes it through his tender Benford doesn't have a real job.  Beane already hinted earlier this year his is S material.

Still, both men missed significant time last year, I’m cool with rocking Benford in one of the spots but I’d feel better with top 100 draft pick beside him. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

No, it’s really not if they would’ve had another game in the season he would’ve been back

That's fine. Listening to wgr I've heard a few times that he wanted to play but would he have. And a herniated neck is a serious thing. I'm just stating what's been said by way smarter people than me. 

Well, I had this one backwards.  I expected Bills wanted Edmunds and expected Poyer to leave.  

The aging of the safeties is a problem especially since neither Hamlin nor Johnson looked to be good enough to step in.   Still, for now it means the only hole that needs to be filled is in the middle.  Sure, there are other positions that could use some changes in personnel, but there's enough talent on the roster to put together a nicely functional defense.  

Most important, in my mind, is get another quality offensive lineman.  Conner McGovern is, apparently one.  Get another, to challenge and win a spot either at guard or tackle, and I'm happy.   Get BPA out of the draft in the early rounds.  

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I like that he is returning,  I will like it even more if we find out Beanne did not give him some stupid massive contract.  He had not legit big offers,  anything more than a 3 year deal with around 14-16 mllion guaranteed is overpaying because .  You can absorb the final year that he may not play at 35 year old,  cap number should be no more than 5-7 mllion range.  The reality is there was never any huge market for him because of his age

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.