Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

Guessing the offers he was seeing out there weren't MUCH higher than what the Bills were willing to give.  Bet it's a minor pay cut, but you get to stay home, no moving, assuming he has kids (same school) etc etc...  Lots of factors to consider and if you are getting let's say 1 million more to go....  he may just have said screw it.  Love my teammates etc...

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

If this prevents a deal for David, or another upgrade at OL then count me out 

and an aging safety for a defense that hasn’t stopped anyone in the playoffs the last two years…. Why 

It doesn't.

Extend DaQuan Jones. Restructure Dion and Tre. Trade Ed.  That's around 25 Mil in space

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Poyer is a 2-year deal.  No safety this year in the draft is needed.  The secondary is already set.

I wouldn't draft one early,  but with both safeties in their 30s,  it's time to add at least one good developmental prospect. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The way he acted when the season was over begging other teams to pay and sign him shows he was only thinking of himself. I am good either way but his actions and the way he put himself out there 👎. I thought he was more classy then that!

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Poyer is a 2-year deal.  No safety this year in the draft is needed.  The secondary is already set.

Considering how broken Poyer was even early in the season I would disagree.  If he can stay healthy that's ideal, but we basically have nobody behind him who I like. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I wouldn't draft one early,  but with both safeties in their 30s,  it's time to add at least one good developmental prospect. 

Maybe a 6th.  Benford is for sure got time to make the move.  If Dane Jackson end up on the team, they are more than set at CB.

18 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

This is the dude that drove to Detroit injured because he wasn't cleared to fly! True badass and part of the best safety tandem in the league 

lol--that was the weirdest team medical decision I've ever heard of:  "you are cleared for full contact, including helmets to the chest....but you can't fly in a pressurized commercial airliner.  too risky!"

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I respectfully disagree, both had either serious or lingering injuries all last year. Poyer had a knee, elbow, and rib that slowed him down pretty bad at the end.

Hamlin and Lewis aren’t starting caliber players, and Benford is an unknown at safety

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.