Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Soft to no market will likely lead to Bills friendly contract, and likely why no numbers announced immediately 

I'd expect a middle of the pack deal with multiple incentives tied into it. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

From a source that knows Poyer - He was looking for $9-$10 million per year. Yesterday the Bills offered 2 years $12 million total and Poyer laughed at it. Now we'll see what the final numbers look like. My guess is 2 years $14 million.

9-10 seems pretty fair.  guessing the deal is somewhere south of that, but by how much. happy either way

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

bet the wife isn't happy. she wanted sunshine, beaches and low taxes.

on another note, I'm glad he stays!

She can suck it up.  In a couple years when Po retires - they can take all their millions and move to Florida or wherever they want - and get to enjoy the majority of their lives in extreme comfort.  She'll survive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Is it? Hyde and Poyer have officially graduated to the level of: into their 30s, slowing, and injury prone. 

All they need now is a 33-year-old MLB! 

Poyer played through his injuries. Hyde would've played had McDermott allowed him to. Bills were 13-1 with Poyer in lineup. As far as a 30 year old LB, if it's Bobby Wagner or Lavonte David... bring it. I'm trying to win a SB NOW, not 4 years from now. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

10’s of thousands of blue state economic refugees / migrants can’t be wrong. 

I'm not going to get into politics on a board about football, but lol. Sure, whatever you say. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

love it.  i wanted Po back more than anybody.   now go get Lavonte David, and add to the OLine.

I’m on board, but if we get David we may need to use the draft to focus on offense. 

Still, would be a nice luxury to have the D all set heading to the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. Think it was time to let him go… specifically if it hampers their ability to bring in another big time offensive playmaker. It will be same old McBeane if it does.

You didn't like him the first time he signed.  You are consistent.

In years past, payers like this would have left for less money than the Bills offered. Now we have players realizing their market value is soft and choosing to stay with a winning franchise. This is good and says the guys still feel close to winning.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Justin C said:

Best part of this news to me is it shores up our secondary. Assuming Bentford stays at CB are Top 4 there are set as well as our top 2 safeties. 

this is the time to experiment w/ benford at safety if that was on the table. love that we have one less hole to plug in the draft. instead of likely needing to go S in top 3 rounds, we dont need too. could draft a mid rounder to redshirt/apprentice.  obv speculation, but not "needing" to go S early lets the position fall to us

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.