Could Beane use his sorcery to get Dalvin Cook?

buffaloboyinATL

13 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Could Beane use his sorcery to get Dalvin Cook?

For some reason, that seems like the kind of splash trade that Beane would make.

Yes, we could. No, it's wildly unlikely.

"For some reason ..." and then no reason is given.

I'll give you a hint. The reason is that you like the idea. What you have there is a case of confirmation bias.

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

That's part of our problem.  A change in philosophy would do this team good.

Excuse me, sir, the 1980s are on the line for you. They're asking you to come back home.

That's a slight exaggeration, of course. It's really the early oughties you have to go back to.  But you only have to look at recent Super Bowl teams to know that you simply don't need a guy like this anymore. There might be areas where a change of philosophy would do us good. Going back to the era of the work horse back is not one of those areas.

There really is zero reason to think this is part of our problem. Zero.

This has been said a million times here, but since 2008 there have been three SB-winning teams with 1000 yard backs. That's three out of fifteen. None in the last six years.

Sorry, man, but the game has changed. Live in the past if you must, but people will notice that you're not really up to date.

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

No it’s not and no it won’t. This team is going to live and die by Josh Allen, as it should. 

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

It's working out well so far 😒

Let's see, 13-3, 11-6 and 13-3 the last three years.

Yeah, it is working well so far. It's always awkward when someone tries sarcasm and gets it pointed out that what they said was actually correct. And that's what happened here.

Could have been better, of course, but yes, it's working out well. And yes, this team will live and die with Allen as it should. They should put together a solid run game, but they don't need to spend a bunch of money on a bellcow. that's not how the league works anymore, with few exceptions who haven't won SBs lately.

Edited by Thurman#1

22 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Excuse me, sir, the 1980s are on the line for you. They're asking you to come back home.

That's a slight exaggeration, of course. It's really the early oughties you have to go back to.  But you only have to look at recent Super Bowl teams to know that you simply don't need a guy like this anymore. There might be areas where a change of philosophy would do us good. Going back to the era of the work horse back is not one of those areas.

There really is zero reason to think this is part of our problem. Zero.

This has been said a million times here, but since 2008 there have been three SB-winning teams with 1000 yard backs. That's three out of fifteen. None in the last six years.

Sorry, man, but the game has changed. Live in the past if you must, but people will notice that you're not really up to date.

Yeah?  And when's the last time a team won the Super Bowl with a QB that rushes for 700+ yards?

14 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I don’t disagree.  I was hoping for Lavonte David, now Bobby Wagner.  Glaring need at this point, and MLB’s tend to go early in the draft. 

I'm kind of torn with who to get at the round 1 pick for the Bills this year I'm hoping that Beane goes with 1 of 2 players the guy out of Arkansas Drew Sanders Or the RB Robison would be nice seeing as LB is a big need & the Bills running game since the first year McD showed up has been less than stellar .

I know RB in the first round isn't a popular pick but when you see what a really good RB can do for the team like Breece Hall did for the Jets or Barkley does for the Giants it makes a huge difference despite what the "Experts" say & fans think .

Sure a midland running game you can get a RB most any where to do a average job but to have a guy back there that you know can deliver in those need to have moments is a great asset . As they say it only takes 1 or 2 plays to change the out come of a game & Pacheco came through with those couple of plays to help KC last season .

If we had a guy like that for Josh & Dorcey to lean on once in a while i think this offense would be even better because those kind of backs even with out great O line play can make big plays happen because of their special talents .

I can't wait to see what Beane has in store for the draft !! Go Bills !!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.