Could Beane use his sorcery to get Dalvin Cook?

buffaloboyinATL

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Can he play on the OL?

cause until we square away that mess every single RB in the NFL will struggle here, and once we do fix the OL problem would we even be talking about bringing in a RB?

"Bah!  Space, mon, space!

All ye hast to do is get the wee bairn into some space!"

Hey, what's Christian Wade up to? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Diggs makes $24M a year to play football right? I would hope that gives him enough energy and motivation.

Giving up picks and a ton of money to a RB on the back end of his career would be a horrific move. 

An argument for another day perhaps, but in my opinion, Diggs is not just motivated by money, he wants to win too.  

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The question is, why would you do that?

Other than the fact that it would be fun to have both Cook kids on the team. It doesn’t make sense from us from a resource standpoint.

We are low on cat money this year we’re flying under the radar with our signings as it is

Running back is a position you could totally fill through the draft and we just use the second round pick on one last year we signed Hines and then we turned around and drafted another wide receiver that can return the football, so Hines is probably going to get used more at running back

We need a thumper a thumper can be found in the draft

Low on cat money?

shocked cat GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The question is, why would you do that?

Other than the fact that it would be fun to have both Cook kids on the team. It doesn’t make sense from us from a resource standpoint.

We are low on cat money this year we’re flying under the radar with our signings as it is

Running back is a position you could totally fill through the draft and we just use the second round pick on one last year we signed Hines and then we turned around and drafted another wide receiver that can return the football, so Hines is probably going to get used more at running back

We need a thumper a thumper can be found in the draft

Honestly, it is not something that I would do, but it is something that I could see Beane doing.

He supposedly had interest in Christian McCaffrey last year too.  He seems intent on bringing in, or possibly developing, a dual threat RB.  

You are delusional !  First rule of any well run business, never hire relatives because if you piss one off , you now have two pissed off employees to scheme for revenge against you. !  How do you split plays peacefully in that situation?  Plus the older guy is getting ready to hit the proverbial wall most RB’s do at some point suddenly, without warning.   There are too many FA backs available cheaper, who are more different in running style which is desirable, and you should see how the draft plays out unless you are already in on a guy like the former Lions RB , as has been floated in the rumor mill.   But really, see rule #! , NEVER hire two family members as it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

For example , if they argue off the field like one gets paid more, they fight over a video game, they share a house but one doesn’t pay their share of utility bills, one doesn’t do dishes or tidy up etc, as the list is endless , it leaks into work and suddenly one guy misses a block getting his brother creamed!  Heck , most places i have worked have strict policies about even dating someone you work with.  Lol!   

So most organizations frown on you even flirting at work, and you want to bring in two brothers competing for touching a football?  Suddenly on game day we see across the bottom of the TV screen, “certain COOK BROTHER’’ , scheduled to start today listed as inactive after mysterious fall  down stadium steps apparently “slipping “ on black ice, opening up an unexpected opportunity for “CERTAIN OTHER COOK BROTHER” to start even after being benched by McD the prior week for fumbling  inexplicably after tripping while running near the Bills sideline when no opponent had any realistic chance to make the tackle !     And that’s just the first two weeks before it’s even gotten cold in Buffalo yet!  

NEVER HIRE FAMILY , HUSBAND/WIFE, BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND,  COUSINS ETC to work together in your business unless you crave and enjoy drama!   So , NO!  😁.   We are facing enough drama now that the idiot RODGERS, has committed to play for the jets!   WHY cant this franchise ever get a break,,,BRADY FOR 20 YEARS, NOW THIS DARK RETREAT , PSYCHOACTIVE DRUG PROPONENT , HOT INDY DRIVER DATING  & FAILING FOOL , has to end his career in our division just as we finally become competitive!   AFC east teams will cannibalize each other and KC will win 5 more SB’S as Buffalo continues its long history of futility.  UNBELEVABLE!  🤨🤮

2 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

You are delusional !  First rule of any well run business, never hire relatives because if you piss one off , you now have two pissed off employees to scheme for revenge against you. !  How do you split plays peacefully in that situation?  Plus the older guy is getting ready to hit the proverbial wall most RB’s do at some point suddenly, without warning.   There are too many FA backs available cheaper, who are more different in running style which is desirable, and you should see how the draft plays out unless you are already in on a guy like the former Lions RB , as has been floated in the rumor mill.   But really, see rule #! , NEVER hire two family members as it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

For example , if they argue off the field like one gets paid more, they fight over a video game, they share a house but one doesn’t pay their share of utility bills, one doesn’t do dishes or tidy up etc, as the list is endless , it leaks into work and suddenly one guy misses a block getting his brother creamed!  Heck , most places i have worked have strict policies about even dating someone you work with.  Lol!   

So most organizations frown on you even flirting at work, and you want to bring in two brothers competing for touching a football?  Suddenly on game day we see across the bottom of the TV screen, “certain COOK BROTHER’’ , scheduled to start today listed as inactive after mysterious fall  down stadium steps apparently “slipping “ on black ice, opening up an unexpected opportunity for “CERTAIN OTHER COOK BROTHER” to start even after being benched by McD the prior week for fumbling  inexplicably after tripping while running near the Bills sideline when no opponent had any realistic chance to make the tackle !     And that’s just the first two weeks before it’s even gotten cold in Buffalo yet!  

NEVER HIRE FAMILY , HUSBAND/WIFE, BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND,  COUSINS ETC to work together in your business unless you crave and enjoy drama!   So , NO!  😁.   We are facing enough drama now that the idiot RODGERS, has committed to play for the jets!   WHY cant this franchise ever get a break,,,BRADY FOR 20 YEARS, NOW THIS DARK RETREAT , PSYCHOACTIVE DRUG PROPONENT , HOT INDY DRIVER DATING  & FAILING FOOL , has to end his career in our division just as we finally become competitive!   AFC east teams will cannibalize each other and KC will win 5 more SB’S as Buffalo continues its long history of futility.  UNBELEVABLE!  🤨🤮

I’M delusional? The Steelers say hello…

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I’M delusional? The Steelers say hello…

Was just kidding !   Lol,,,,honestly tho having owned businesses, I’ve experienced hiring friends , or close relatives ( not mine, but the employees being related ) was not good in the long term.  Not in the nfl , but in the real world you can easily lose two employees if you have something happen where you have to get rid of one of them. I made the mistake of hiring my office managers daughter as my receptionist early in my career;  first practice i owned. Daughter turned out to be terrible at the front desk , had to let her go myself ( couldn’t ask the mom to do it!  Lol!) .   My relationship with the office manager never was the same , never recovered , and actually had to mutually part ways within the same year.  So , i did “learn from this” , as McD  would say so often.  Lol !   

Was just kidding about things but i do think bringing in the older cook who is high priced, on the backside of his career , doesn’t bring much style difference from his brother and i think there will be cheaper , more physical backs available. It’s like the miller move , seems ok on the surface , but lots of risk with age and i cant see them tying up much money in a position they just don’t seem to value or know how to use consistently. But , was just kidding so hope you forgive me !  Lol! 😊

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Dalvin Cook seems like one of those players that Diggs might consider restructuring his contract for.  For some reason, that seems like the kind of splash trade that Beane would make. This would be a great energy boost for Diggs, as well as a certain young RB on our roster with the same last name.  My gut says it could happen, and if it did, I would be thrilled.  (depending on what it cost from a trade perspective)

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Rather y'all want to admit it or not, you need a threat at the RB position to keep NFL defenses honest. A threat at RB will slow down a pass rush, affect a LB drop depth and safety play. 

But an expensive ($11.5M this season) RB about to hit 28 that we have to trade for doesn’t make much sense. I could see him having one more quality season before his production drops off, but that’s not guaranteed. I’d say it is unlikely if he gets stuck behind a poor run blocking OL, which we have.

I am not saying that having a good RB or a good run game isn’t a good thing. It is. But acquiring Dalvin Cook will not give us that. It’ll just be throwing away resources. 

• Agree 1

Bijan Robinson?

Derek Henry?

Dalvin Cook?

...now if our offensive coaches were serious about building a better run game than these rumors might have some merit.  But we will throw the ball the majority of the time, so why waste time reading these ridiculous RB proposals?  

Grab a Jamaal Williams cheap and call it a day.  There will be a couple udfa rbs to evaluate. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Dalvin Cook seems like one of those players that Diggs might consider restructuring his contract for.  For some reason, that seems like the kind of splash trade that Beane would make. This would be a great energy boost for Diggs, as well as a certain young RB on our roster with the same last name.  My gut says it could happen, and if it did, I would be thrilled.  (depending on what it cost from a trade perspective)

let me check here first!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.