Could Beane use his sorcery to get Dalvin Cook?

buffaloboyinATL

Honest question...  Why in the world would James Cook want to play with his brother?

He's lived in Dalvin's shadow his entire college career.  Now he gets into the pros, has a chance at starting for an NFL team himself, and in only his 2nd season is immediately put back onto the bench.  I can't see the appeal.

This isn't like the Diggs brothers, who obviously play different positions.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

(fixed) so much fun!

See? It is witty banter like that, that makes it all worthwhile.

Sorry that I missed the thread from over a month ago, that was probably 15 pages back, but thank you from keeping us all safe from redundancy.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

I was on board for a running back but - we can even throw a screen to them

or even a play call for a wheel route …I admit when I was wrong about going after a RB

I guess load up on 4 wides and a tight end and throw it 40-50 times is how we are designed 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

See? It is witty banter like that, that makes it all worthwhile.

Sorry that I missed the thread from over a month ago, that was probably 15 pages back, but thank you from keeping us all safe from redundancy.

second thread I cited was posted waaaaaaaay back on Monday.  Cook is mentioned many times in the past 2 days.

why search though?---all of your thoughts are unique!

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Dalvin Cook seems like one of those players that Diggs might consider restructuring his contract for.  For some reason, that seems like the kind of splash trade that Beane would make. This would be a great energy boost for Diggs, as well as a certain young RB on our roster with the same last name.  My gut says it could happen, and if it did, I would be thrilled.  (depending on what it cost from a trade perspective)

most contracts have built in restructure language that does not need player or agent approval to enact. Just notification to all parties sent by team.

Edited by cba fan

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

We just signed an athletic Guard who excels in pass blocking over run blocking.. to go with our other Guard who is the same, along with our Center.. same.  

We’re not a running team.  We have zero need for a high paid RB1, RD2 RB2 and well paid RB3.   It’s overkill.  

We just need a big back for short yardage/goal line/change of pace to pair with Cook and Hines. 

And why would you when you also have a top 5 QB.  Tenn and Indy run a lot because they can't pass well.  Even the Giants this past year which helped make Jones look better at QB.  We're the opposite, our QB can make a RB look better.

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Dalvin Cook seems like one of those players that Diggs might consider restructuring his contract for.  For some reason, that seems like the kind of splash trade that Beane would make. This would be a great energy boost for Diggs, as well as a certain young RB on our roster with the same last name.  My gut says it could happen, and if it did, I would be thrilled.  (depending on what it cost from a trade perspective)

I hope not !! Besides Diggs already restructured we have much more pressing needs on the team than bringing him here & over paying to do so .

9 minutes ago, T master said:

I hope not !! Besides Diggs already restructured we have much more pressing needs on the team than bringing him here & over paying to do so .

I don’t disagree.  I was hoping for Lavonte David, now Bobby Wagner.  Glaring need at this point, and MLB’s tend to go early in the draft. 

Multiple perceived 2 down backs available.  With Cook and Hines give me a guy that lives in between the tackles.  Damian Harris, Deonta Forman, Dernest Johnson seem to be less expensive options.  I think Sanders and Hunt will want to much up front.  Delvin is owed alot of money and is always hurt it seems.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.