Could Beane use his sorcery to get Dalvin Cook?

buffaloboyinATL

Dalvin Cook seems like one of those players that Diggs might consider restructuring his contract for.  For some reason, that seems like the kind of splash trade that Beane would make. This would be a great energy boost for Diggs, as well as a certain young RB on our roster with the same last name.  My gut says it could happen, and if it did, I would be thrilled.  (depending on what it cost from a trade perspective)

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 10

The question is, why would you do that?

Other than the fact that it would be fun to have both Cook kids on the team. It doesn’t make sense from us from a resource standpoint.

We are low on cat money this year we’re flying under the radar with our signings as it is

Running back is a position you could totally fill through the draft and we just use the second round pick on one last year we signed Hines and then we turned around and drafted another wide receiver that can return the football, so Hines is probably going to get used more at running back

We need a thumper a thumper can be found in the draft

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Really? Why? He would be a nice upgrade if he can stay healthy, and might help his brother take the next step. I like Cook as a player, so I think I would like it, Of course, I am thinking we get him for a 3rd round pick or so.

We just signed an athletic Guard who excels in pass blocking over run blocking.. to go with our other Guard who is the same, along with our Center.. same.  

We’re not a running team.  We have zero need for a high paid RB1, RD2 RB2 and well paid RB3.   It’s overkill.  

We just need a big back for short yardage/goal line/change of pace to pair with Cook and Hines. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Really? Why? He would be a nice upgrade if he can stay healthy, and might help his brother take the next step. I like Cook as a player, so I think I would like it, Of course, I am thinking we get him for a 3rd round pick or so.

Can you explain how taking playing time from his brother helps him take the next step? Not to mention we already use too many draft picks on RBs as it is and he's scheduled to make $11mil this year.

Literally so many reasons why this is a bad idea. 

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Geez, remember those heady days when we referred to Beane's machinations as 'sorcery' and 'wizardry'? 🤔

"I know, i'll start giving 2nd contracts to running backs!  The league will never see it coming!"

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Dalvin Cook seems like one of those players that Diggs might consider restructuring his contract for

What??? 
He didn’t do it out of the kindness of his heart or because they told him a player they’re targeting. 
A restructure is not a pay cut. 
It’s just I want my money, and I’ll collect it now instead of later thank you. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We just signed an athletic Guard who excels in pass blocking over run blocking.. to go with our other Guard who is the same, along with our Center.. same.  

We’re not a running team.  We have zero need for a high paid RB1, RD2 RB2 and well paid RB3.   It’s overkill.  

We just need a big back for short yardage/goal line/change of pace to pair with Cook and Hines. 

Beane has been trying to bring in a running back who is also a strong receiver, and Cook absolutely fits that mold.  That being said, I would much rather bring in another OL or a LB or 2, but I could see this happening.

Can he play on the OL?

cause until we square away that mess every single RB in the NFL will struggle here, and once we do fix the OL problem would we even be talking about bringing in a RB?

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Well, it is a need, until we either re-sign Singletary, or draft one.  

We aren't a team that is going to have a workhorse RB carry the ball 20 times a game. If James Cook can't handle 12-15 carries then Beane should never be allowed to draft or trade for a RB ever again. 

Go sign a power back in FA or draft one in the late rounds if you want but I'm sick of watching this front office use day 2 picks on RBs and still feel like the position is a need. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.