Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

2 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

People say he is a burner, rather KNOW he is a burner, because he can demonstrate it on the field during an NFL game.

The guys you mention in comparison are not considered "burners".

Harty is known for his stretch speed similar to Hill on Miami. Not saying Harty is as good right now but we will see. Depends how the Bills use him.,

He is our fastest WR. (On the field).

I guess if you say so. I haven't seen him compared to Hill. 

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Watch his highlights, he finds way to break away from other guys. Maybe it's his lower center of gravity but he does look like he has an extra gear. 

I watched a few and he is quick. Still looks similar to Lil' Dirty to me.🤷. Definitely better on Returns.😉

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

The guy is obvious to people that understand football that he’s super fast on the football field.  There aren’t too many WRs with his type of game speed. 

The problem is he could get destroyed due to being so small

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I should not be laughing at this
Why am I laughing at this?

Because you’re a bad person John.  Obv

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is all anyone needs to know when it comes to Harty vs McKenzie

McKenzie is a gadget player whose only singular strong attribute is straight line speed but couldn't apply that to be a valid deep threat.  Harty is a legit deep threat who can take the top off the defense.  He does WR things better in almost every aspect of the position than McKenzie despite being similar in stature.  

Love McKenzie, his energy, personality etc.  But end of the day, he was out over his ski's as a starting slot WR.  He is a valuable gadget guy, but not someone you can rely on as a heavy minutes player.  He isn't a polished route runner, he doesn't have great hands, he isn't cerebral on the field like Cole was, he isn't very good at tough or contested catches, he isn't physical, and he doesn't track the long ball well.  

Harty is more of a talent as a WR and can do more WR things on the field.  His biggest issue is availability in terms of staying healthy.  I don't see Harty as a guy who can be relied on as a starter either with his injury history, but I do feel like he is more of a legit WR when he is on the field and if you lose track of him he can burn you over the top and score on any given play.  I trust him to not only track the ball much better but be someone who can make a catch in traffic down field too.  

Going from McKenzie to Harty is a noticeable upgrade IMHO.  

I was looking at the stats , but with his injuries, it may be unfair to use them as a comparison. 🤷‍♂️

https://stathead.com/football/versus-finder.cgi?player_id2=McKeIs00&player_id1=HarrDe07&request=1&utm_campaign=2023_01_wdgt_player_comparison&utm_source=pfr&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_id=HarrDe07

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think Harty just runs faster when chased.   Diggs runs faster when chaste........which is why he will never be a burner.

If I was 5'6" 170lbs and being chased by bigger guys, I'd run faster too.🤣

44 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I watched a few and he is quick. Still looks similar to Lil' Dirty to me.🤷. Definitely better on Returns.😉

A better version of Lil' Dirty.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.