Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Success said:

People have to remember - the best QB this guy had throwing to him was a pretty washed up Brees.

He stretches the field. And Allen is more likely to find him and connect w/ him when he does.

Remains to be seen. Hope you are right.

Can he stay on the field?

Didn't you or others say the same thing about Brown when had returned to Buffalo? 

Dorsey's offense wasn't dynamic or innovative. He needs to take a big jump this year. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

His size makes him very difficult to tackle. He's got speed, quickness, elusiveness, contact balance showing the ability to break tackles due to low center of gravity.

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities.  He actually lined up more Outside than in the slot.

Darren Sproles 2.0

1 hour ago, Success said:

People have to remember - the best QB this guy had throwing to him was a pretty washed up Brees.

He stretches the field. And Allen is more likely to find him and connect w/ him when he does.

And he was stuck behind Marquez Callaway, Tre'Quan Smith, Kenny Stills, Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Ty Montgomery so never really got a fair shot...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Beasley was 5'8" 174 so... pretty much the exact same size.  

Also, a lot of WRs are taking some notes on the Diggs and Locketts of the league and getting out of bounds... and just generally giving themselves up.  

Just a note that one of the stats folks are touting on this signing is Hardy's great YAC.   Typically, players don't get great YAC by getting out of bounds and just generally giving themselves up.  So if you want Hardy to start doing that to protect himself, you're wanting him to give up on one of the factors that folks are pointing to saying "better than what we've got"

As for the contention that 6" and 8" are pretty much the exact same size ...."that's what she said" 😇

14 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I can only disagree with the totality of claiming "Josh has always...had issues taking the checkdown [emphasis added]." In certain stretches of 2021 and (early) 2022, Allen had the quick game swinging smoothly like a "Summer Wind." Zen Josh, with his (kinda basic) pregame Sinatra-based serenity, was an assassin. He has conquered his own tendencies for amazing stretches of football. We've seen historic play. But there are some corrections, some regressions to the mean. Often injury-related, turns out.

That's a very fair take.  He has indeed had games and sometimes series of games where he made good decisions and had the quick game flowing.  What I meant was, this wasn't a newly observed tendency after the departure of Beasley.  It was a tendency at times while Beasley was on the field.

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think McKenzie is a goner. Last year he proved he's not a starting caliber WR. At least not with the Bills and Dorsey. He underperformed at most levels. He's nothing more than a gadget player. Thus, he's very replaceable. 

I look for Shakir to get more snaps this year. I would like the Bills to draft WR Addison or WR Flowers. I don't think either will be there at 27. 

To me, then Beane should have cut him much sooner so McKenzie could find another team or at the beginning of the FA period.

What sense does it make to wait so long to cut McKenzie after all the WR FA positions have already been filled ?

23 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Boy this draft diamonds is some groundbreaking, new wave , analytics based , out of the box way of thinking !   Wow, “ the BILLS are keeping  it quiet that they “SEEM TO BE LOOKING FOR A GUY THAT CAN GET DOWN THE FIELD IN A HURRY!”    That’s the type of stuff i am sure the Bills were hoping would never get out or occur to other football teams ; imagine , looking at SPEEDY (AS OPPOSED TO THE USUAL SLOW GUYS I GUESS WE LOOKED FOR in prior drafts?) ROOKIE WIDE RECEIVERS!  

Not only speedy but they can get DOWN the field in a HURRY TOO;  so not just fast but they have a sense of urgency, like if someone was chasing them !  This is why the BILLS SCOUTS are playing chess and teams like Miami , CINCY, & KC are playing dominoes,,,or maybe checkers !  Sounds like we are in good hands and ahead of the curve this year.  Wont be seeing the Bills wr’s running merry go round crap like REID AND KC, cuz who got time for that when we are  now looking to get down the field in a hurry!  Sounds like Dorsey has already begun to use all that they ‘learned from this loss” and now it’s about WR’S who are  in a hurry , pressed for time GOING to the private workouts!  Or maybe coming FROM the private workouts, I’m not sure as they weren’t exactly clear about direction, except they will be headed DOWN somewhere in a HURRY; probably tough to get precise clarification when these guys they’re talking about seem to be in a hurry to get going  fast!  

Well, this is a great, comforting start to free agency as now we know we are headed DOWN , FAST, AND IN A HURRY!   I sensed that new direction after the CINCY game. Good to get confirmation from a professional  publication like DRAFT DIAMONDS, and they sure dropped a diamond in the rough with this tweet, a real gem !  This is the type of publication that the subscription price might be going DOWNhill , fast, in a hurry if they keep dropping rare forms  of analysis like this little nugget !    Hey, I’m sure they will get better as they feel the PRESSURE of fast approaching deadlines and keep getting these  deep analytical tweets out rapidly,,,,,,in a hurry,,,with urgency !  Good luck and keep up the hard,,,,work!  😊

You seem a tad annoyed...

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Welker, Jackson, and Smith are much bigger than him despite being small by NFL standards.

Sproles was RB, a special breed, and an exception. 

I don't know who Holiday is. 

This guy has been in the league for four years. That's plenty of time to see if he's special and able to stay on the field. I think it's a stretch to think he will stay healthy and be solid a WR3. Perhaps an effective gadget player and special teams guy? 

This looks to be a high risk high reward pick up. Time will tell how it plays out. 

This is a fair assessment.  

Which WRs were/are you hoping we’d sign or trade for?

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is a fair assessment.  

Which WRs were/are you hoping we’d sign or trade for?

I like Chark and don't mind Jarvis Landry. Of course Dhop would be awesome. 

50 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

To me, then Beane should have cut him much sooner so McKenzie could find another team or at the beginning of the FA period.

What sense does it make to wait so long to cut McKenzie after all the WR FA positions have already been filled ?

Maybe they are seriously considering keeping him? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Cuz if we didn't find his replacement we'd be short a WR.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Going into FA I thought Slayton and Zachheaus made sense based on traits and expected contracts. 

image.thumb.png.952d10a08ca31609c900cd5896be94f6.png

Interesting stuff, they are very similar. I guess Harty ran a 4.36 at his pro day so that is skewed. So he is a smaller, faster version of Zaccheaus. 

Here is Slayton. Harty has them both beat on short-area quickness, but it's all very close. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m wondering if they tried keeping him away from Miami. Berrios and McKenzie are similar. He still might end up in Miami.

I am guessing he winds up with the Giants as injury insurance for Paris Campbell. Or in the slot for the Patriots (the only team McKenzie routinely killed.)

So maybe they are trying to weigh those situations as well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.