Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Nothing sketchy here at all. He changed his name to the last name of his stepfather, the man who actually raised him. 

My friend of 40 years just had his adult stepson do the same thing.  It was an honor that brought my buddy to tears.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Bruffalo said:

This is a really interesting signing.  A lot of upside potential, returning abilities, etc... 

He hasn't put it all together on the field though. Not a lot of targets in any given season, he's also smaller than McKenzie. 

It's a bit of a lottery ticket, and it's a $5 ticket instead of a $1 scratcher, but I don't hate it. 

He had a better year than McKenzie has ever had in 2021 with far worse QBs throwing him the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Not trying to be a jerk, so please don't take it that way...but who is out there and available who fits that description? 

Deandre Hopkins? OBJ also does those things and he is 5'11". 

Don’t know.

But, there has to be some project guy out there who’s on par with Harty who is worth this contract.

My bigger point was, Josh isn’t the most accurate passer nor is he a rhythm passer ( from what we’ve seen) .  Giving him a guy even smaller that McKenzie and Hines just doesn’t strike me as a winning strategy 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

McKenzie turns that into a 10 yard completion... or a dropped pass.

....or a fumble. Or he'll catch it and stay inbounds so the clock runs out. Or he'll step out of bounds in the end zone and watch the ensuing interception  and return as a passive bystander.

It won't take much for Harty to be an improvement. 

They need to get bigger, stronger and tougher. Their AFCE rivals are making real moves, signing junior high school-sized players probably won’t cut it. Replacing Lil Dirty with a Littler Dirty seems counter-productive, seeing as he just didn’t work here. What do I know though? 

Edited by PauleeeWalnuts
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, NewEra said:

He is tiny.  He’s so electric though.  Not many slots have the juice to take a 5 yard slant the distance.  He does.  

We paid him more than I thought he’d get paid but mainly because he was out of sight and mind last year as he missed the seasons with turf toe.  Every time I’ve watched him play, he impressed me and left me thinking I’d like this guy on the Bills.

he’s a high risk (due to size), high reward (due to speed) player who’s contract won’t hurt us going forward (if he doesn’t work out).  

if he hits his incentives and makes the full amount…..then he produced.

I was impressed by the videos that I found of him.  Instant acceleration.  

I would guess that this takes small slot-only receivers like Josh Downs, Tank Dell and maybe Zay Flowers out of play in the draft.  Would still be nice to get someone to push Gabe Davis for snaps, but I think OL, S and LB are top priorities now pending other moves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Lost said:

Yo WTF, this dude is 5'6".  and we're gonna pay him 13.5 Million?!   Bad move Beane

The only thing that is guarenteed is $5 million. If he hits on the incentives then that deal, fully paid is a steal

Just now, PauleeeWalnuts said:

They need to get bigger, stronger and tougher. Their AFCE rivals are making real moves, signing junior high school- sized players probably won’t cut it. Replacing Lil Dirty with a Littler Dirty seems counter-productive, seeing he just didn’t work here. What do I know though? 

Other AFC East teams aren't paying their franchise QB 30 mil. Miami has 3 draft picks, this is their draft.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Don’t know.

But, there has to be some project guy out there who’s on par with Harty who is worth this contract.

My bigger point was, Josh isn’t the most accurate passer nor is he a rhythm passer ( from what we’ve seen) .  Giving him a guy even smaller that McKenzie and Hines just doesn’t strike me as a winning strategy 

There are times when Josh is...kind of depends on how quickly he needs to make guys miss from being under pressure in games.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They've been one of the most prolific offenses without that type of guy, so... What's the big deal?

It would be nice for Josh to not have to run around like a chicken with his head cut off ever other play trying to find little guys who are working to get open.

Having a big, SUREHANDED guy go up and get it creating faith in JA that he can…..What is not to like about that?

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He had a better year than McKenzie has ever had in 2021 with far worse QBs throwing him the ball.

Not disagreeing, just saying the pay is a bit high for what that player is right now. I like it though, it's still a lower risk/high reward. 

1 minute ago, Success said:

I don't really understand the criticism - we didn't really have field-stretching speed in the WR corps.  Now we do.

I want WR stretching speed at wr2.  Not a 5'6 slot guy that we already have a room full of.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Don’t know.

100% with you. They need a guy who makes contested catches. To me, that is OBJ or Hopkins. A guy like DJ Chark is big and fast but really doesn't do those things. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.