Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

Just now, McBean said:

So far Beanes “thing” has been handing out massive contracts to players who don’t deserve them. Also, he loves drafting duds as well.

Call me a little skeptic of allowing Beane to do his “thing.”

So 3.7M is massive?  LOL ok 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I get what people say about potential and granted I wouldn't know if he is any good even if I watched Saints but still, giving $5M guaranteed to a guy who has grand total of 793 receiving yards in 4 seasons (!) is really confusing to me.

I guess we'll see.

I do expect something really big happens in the next 36 or so hours.

The guy is 5’6 170lbs. The size of a 6th grader. And he has injury history. Awful signing by Beane at this $$$$. Miami and the Jets are making real moves. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yet you go after this signing over 5M but probably loved the 50M RT to play LT right?  See how that is a bit hypocritical?

Now I am completely lost. You are either confusing me with someone or just trying to be jerk from no reason at all.

I didn't express any opinion on that KC signing. I guess I find it stupid what they did, but I don't care that much about Chiefs. I care about Bills. I support almost everything what they do, and I really don't know why you feel the need to attack me personally for a little random critical hot take.

But whatever, you do you.

Just now, McBean said:

So far Beanes “thing” has been handing out massive contracts to players who don’t deserve them. Also, he loves drafting duds as well.

And some how that equals having the 2nd most wins in the league since 2018 (regular season and playoffs combined) 

Whatever it is, keep it going. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

Who's kidding who here? There are no more "Under the radar guys" in the NFL! This is not 1967. Every NFL players decent catches, TD's, impact plays are covered ad-nauseam across literally hundreds of networks, podcasts, FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc. etc. Donte Hardy/Harris doesn't ring many bells, the same way most fringe players don't get much attention, by not doing that much except a few flash plays.... I guess this truly will be the year when Beane digs through the NFL dumpsters for some saviors, while the Dolphins and Jet's are shopping on 5th Avenue. If this continues I'm afraid It'll be reflected in the standings come next January.         

I bet you couldn't wait to use that line.  I will give you credit, it's pretty good.

Now let's talk about your "Under the radar guys" comment.

He is not that.  Spotrac puts a "Market Value" on certain players.  Either past stars or younger players that will have bigger potential.

I looked at Harty a month ago when I perused the Saints UFA list.  I did that because of the Saints horrible cap workings every year.

They are always letting guys go that they can't keep.

His "market value" from Spotrac is $8M per year.  "Hardly a Harty" under the radar endorsement.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/deonte-harty-29629/market-value/

Facts matter, but again I did get a snicker from your bolded line!

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, McBean said:

Yeah people said thing about Poyer signing...

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just because you don’t know him doesn’t mean he’s not good.

I love what he brings to the field. He’s a super charged Dirty and is a good return man.  It might be more expensive than I thought we’d pay, but he’s got juice.

see he made pro bowl as a returner, have to assume thats as punt returner? think he starts? (cant remember if hines was just KR or PR too?)

7 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Again, same as I just responded to MAJBobby. I am not trying to find anything. I am pretty sure that I am one of the biggest Beane and McD supporters on this board. I have all silly whiners and trolls blocked. I mention guarantees since cap space is my hobby (as you can see from my posting history) and on the first glance this looks like a questionable signing to me. I think I am allowed to have critical hot take from time to time :)

Peace.

Harty/Harris had a better year than McKenzie has ever had in 2021 with nobodies throwing him the ball.  I am guessing they believe he has more to offer than what they have gotten out of him and in an offense like the Bills he will get the chance to show it. Likely an analytics based signing.  He also was 6th in the NFL in separation per route run in 2021 only behind marquee elite players.  Bills are banking on that to come out more with them.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

No one is asking the real question, why he change his name??? What is he hiding?????

Just now, wppete said:

Great questions Adult men changing their name is very strange and sketchy. 

Nothing sketchy here at all. He changed his name to the last name of his stepfather, the man who actually raised him. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Has better hands than McKenzie and looks like a smoother, more fluid mover.  He is tiny, though.

He is tiny.  He’s so electric though.  Not many slots have the juice to take a 5 yard slant the distance.  He does.  

We paid him more than I thought he’d get paid but mainly because he was out of sight and mind last year as he missed the seasons with turf toe.  Every time I’ve watched him play, he impressed me and left me thinking I’d like this guy on the Bills.

he’s a high risk (due to size), high reward (due to speed) player who’s contract won’t hurt us going forward (if he doesn’t work out).  

if he hits his incentives and makes the full amount…..then he produced.

This is a really interesting signing.  A lot of upside potential, returning abilities, etc... 

He hasn't put it all together on the field though. Not a lot of targets in any given season, he's also smaller than McKenzie. 

It's a bit of a lottery ticket, and it's a $5 ticket instead of a $1 scratcher, but I don't hate it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.