I hope that Beane makes a big move right when FA is officially open.

Tipster19

I’m almost expecting it after seeing Beane clean up the books a bit. It seems to me that he waited after a good several other teams started and then he cleaned up a lot for the Bills and fast. I have come to realize that Beane likes to surprise/shock people with his covered up transactions. Here’s hoping that early tomorrow Beane makes it a big time WR with one of his signature surprise trades. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is where Oliver gets traded as well. Go Bills!

I know people are talking about us grabbing Hopkins, but what if the money freed up is for other people? I haven't seen us linked to him in any way outside of fan wish lists. Everyone is running with a BBQ boy tweet. What if our signings are Lavonte David and Jamaal Williams? Then we bring back Lawson, Quess, and Phillips on cheaper deals. We still have to fill out our roster and have money for the rookie pool. I just don't have the feeling we'll be signing or trading for a guy who eats up a large portion of our remaining $$$. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I’m not expecting a big move.  I’m expecting a few mid level signings in the next few days 

I hear ya, but that's also what I was thinking last year.

And then they signed Von Miller.

• Agree 1

I like when Free Agency opens because you tend to get updates on who is visiting where , which gives you an actual indication of interest. 

The Bills in the past, when linked to a player on twitter, are rarely if ever, actually going after them. That’s why I’m hesitant on the David/Wagner news cause any random Joe can see we have a hole at MLB and those two are the big name guys remaining 

• Agree 1

Orlando Brown please. I think going G with our 1st pick would also be a huge benefit since neither Bates nor McGovern are really starters. We should definitely be looking to upgrade the IOL. I can't believe how much we're paying McGovern either. We did the same thing with Star. Why do we keep signing below average linemen and overpaying them? It's really frustrating.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Orlando Brown please. I think going G with our 1st pick would also be a huge benefit since neither Bates nor McGovern are really starters. We should definitely be looking to upgrade the IOL. I can't believe how much we're paying McGovern either. We did the same thing with Star. Why do we keep signing below average linemen and overpaying them? It's really frustrating.

I'll be surprised if they go guard in round 1.  It's kind of like RB.  We can (or, put better, should be able to) find guys later (the Saffold failure notwithstanding).  Better roster management probably is to take a tackle and then kick Dawkins into guard if the tackle we find is equal to Dawkins.  Would leave us with a cost-controlled LT and the ability to either trim Dawkins's pay or say adios to what then would be that $15m guard.  

I'm not against drafting for RT in round 1, but I suspect they're going to look at Brown's play last year as a reflection of his health and gamble that one of Brown/Doyle can lock that job down this year.   And, from a long-term roster management perspective, we really need a WR who can start no later than next year.  Davis likely is gone, and the slot play last year speaks for itself. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I know people are talking about us grabbing Hopkins, but what if the money freed up is for other people? I haven't seen us linked to him in any way outside of fan wish lists. Everyone is running with a BBQ boy tweet. What if our signings are Lavonte David and Jamaal Williams? Then we bring back Lawson, Quess, and Phillips on cheaper deals. We still have to fill out our roster and have money for the rookie pool. I just don't have the feeling we'll be signing or trading for a guy who eats up a large portion of our remaining $$$. 

Williams may be in play seeing that the Lions are acquiring David Montgomery

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Where’s the 20+ million a year coming from?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Da'Quan Jones or a starting caliber DT needs to be brought in. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I’d love Brown but that would use basically every bit of cap space we have left. I doubt Beane wants to roll into the draft with gaping holes at multiple positions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Lavonte David is arguably the best free agent out there left so if we could somehow sign him that would be huge.  Maybe Von Miller can test his potential GM skills and get him here.

I wonder if they're going to shoot for David or Wagner at LB.  Based on McD's comments this offseason, I think they may want an alpha in that role.  It's perfectly reasonable to try to fill the job through the draft, to beef up at DT (see ya, Ed) and move Milano there with Spector/Klein/different JAG at weakside, or to (gulp) hope that Bernard makes a quantum leap and can cut it.  But I wonder if they want a big dog in the middle and a personality that maybe Edmunds simply doesn't have. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.